ADVERTISEMENT

The Too Early to Bother, 2018 Recruiting Thread...

instaGATOR

Bull Gator
May 29, 2001
The beginnings of the 2018 Football Recruit Class:

2018 Football Early Commits:
WR Jalynn Williams 5-11 188 - St.Petersburg, FL
CB Divaad Wilson 6-0 180 - Miami, FL

Off season football recruiting:
I don't mind a few xfer players each year, just as long as they are not QB's... :cool:
Mc-staff just beat out LSU for a Clemson injured out starter (19 games, 9 starts), Army-AA OT Jake Fruhmorgen 6-6 288 Soph. Coming out of HS in 2015 he had offers from: Clem -- UA, UF, UGA, LSU, FSU, tOSU, ND, etc.

He sits out for 2017, which is good as he recovers from a shoulder injury and further builds up his size and strength. He will then have 2 years of eligibility (18-19) remaining. In his best game before being injured out for the rest of the 2016 season, he graded out at 91 percent against #3 Louisville.
=============

IF you want a look at the 2018 HS recruits that UF has offered so far, here's a link.
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/57/class/2018/page/offers

On the next NSD some of those offer names will matter, but the vast majority of them won't matter, so until then, we can all speculate away with the usual off-season recruiting prattle..... ;)

UF's Top 10 'uncommitted' offers so far (according to ESPN) are:

1) DE Xavier Thomas 6-3 269 - Bradenton, FL
2) OT Jackson Carman 6-6 270 - Cartersville, GA
3) RB Zamir White 6-0 200 - Fairfield, OH
4) CB Patrick Surtain Jr 6-2 192 - Plantation, FL
5) OT Matthew Jones 6-4 290 - Brooklyn, NY
6) ILB Teradja Mitchell 6-2 247 - Va-Beach, VA
7) DE Justin Mascoll 6-4 225 - Snellville, GA
8) DT Taron Vincent 6-2 299 - Bradenton, FL
9) DE K.J. Henry 6-6 230 - Winston-Salem, NC
10) OT Richard Gouraige 6-5 271 - Tampa, FL
~ Four others that would have been in that group of top UF offers have already committed to other schools.

3 DE - 1 DT - 1 ILB - 1 CB -- 3 OT - 1 RB
(6 Def + 4 Off) -- (4 FL - 2 GA - 1 ea: NC, VA, NY, OH)

The beginnings of the 2018 Football Recruit Class:

WR Jalynn Williams 5-11 188 - St.Petersburg, FL
CB Divaad Wilson 6-0 180 - Miami, FL

Off season football recruiting:
I don't mind a few xfer players each year, just as long as they are not QB's... :cool:
Mc-staff just beat out LSU for a Clemson injured out starter (19 games, 9 starts), Army-AA OT Jake Fruhmorgen 6-6 288 Soph. Coming out of HS in 2015 he had offers from: Clem -- UA, UF, UGA, LSU, FSU, tOSU, ND, etc.

He sits out for 2017, which is good as he recovers from a shoulder injury and further builds up his size and strength. He will then have 2 years of eligibility (18-19) remaining. In his best game before being injured out for the rest of the 2016 season, he graded out at 91 percent against #3 Louisville.
=============

IF you want a look at the 2018 HS recruits that UF has offered so far, here's a link.
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/57/class/2018/page/offers

On the next NSD some of those offer names will matter, but the vast majority of them won't matter, so until then, we can all speculate away with the usual off-season recruiting prattle..... ;)

UF's Top 10 'uncommitted' offers so far (according to ESPN) are:

1) DE Xavier Thomas 6-3 269 - Bradenton, FL USCE/Clemson out ahead
2) OT Jackson Carman 6-6 270 - Cartersville, GA OSU out ahead
3) RB Zamir White 6-0 200 - Fairfield, OH Georgia out ahead
4) CB Patrick Surtain Jr 6-2 192 - Plantation, FL FSU/LSU battle
5) OT Matthew Jones 6-4 290 - Brooklyn, NY OSU in the lead
6) ILB Teradja Mitchell 6-2 247 - Va-Beach, VA FSU out ahead
7) DE Justin Mascoll 6-4 225 - Snellville, GA UGA,Clemson,FSU race right now
8) DT Taron Vincent 6-2 299 - Bradenton, FL OSU/FSU battle
9) DE K.J. Henry 6-6 230 - Winston-Salem, NC Clemson out ahead
10) OT Richard Gouraige 6-5 271 - Tampa, FL Clemson Lean, but still relatively open
~ Four others that would have been in that group of top UF offers have already committed to other schools.

3 DE - 1 DT - 1 ILB - 1 CB -- 3 OT - 1 RB
(6 Def + 4 Off) -- (4 FL - 2 GA - 1 ea: NC, VA, NY, OH)

This may very well be UF's top ten uncommitted offers right now, however UF is a distant option at best right now with each of them. Do you have a list of their top ten offers with mutual interest?? I highlighted in bold where these players are leaning, for now.

Reactions: Watuka Spirit
Naw, didn't bother. FSU will get all 10 of them like they always do.
The Gators will just take the 2-3 stars that nobody else wants, which is why the crims from that SoW have the All Time W/L record over those sorry Gators....
doh! :oops:

Reactions: tenole
Naw, didn't bother. FSU will get all 10 of them like they always do.
The Gators will just take the 2-3 stars that nobody else wants, which is why the crims from that SoW have the All Time W/L record over those sorry Gators....
doh! :oops:

Not all ten, but probably 3-5 of them. Just wondering if there was a top ten with mutual interest. Also, things can change with a fantastic (or not so fantastic) season with recruiting with these kids. Very early in this cycle.

The Gator's next blinding fast RB might well be:
Lavinte Valentine 6-1 190 4.31/40, Melbourne, FL.
That's very rare size & speed!
His Jr highlights were: 9.7 ypc, 10 TD, L-85 yds.
Track -- 100-M in 10.44 sec (Feb, 25th)

~ On Dec. 30, 2016
Valentine set the national record for the fastest time in the 60-meter dash at 6.77 seconds. It was his first time ever running that race, and at the time he hadn't trained in three weeks.

He's been playing football since he was 4 years old. "I’ve only been doing track for a year.” -- Watch his Hudl film, he's got eye-popping football speed.

(let the crims have the short-order cooks little bro, that's fine with me...)
:cool:

Why me and Shannon don't GaS about the stars handed out by others... :cool:

Shannon has signed a total of 9 LB's since he’s been at UF, and all but one of them (Jeremiah Moon) were 3- or 2-star recruits. However, a trio of freshmen showed promise last season in rsFr Kylan Johnson (2), Fr Vosean Joseph (3) and Fr David Reese (3), who finished the year with 49 tackles and was named a Freshman All-American. (those 3 are the likely starters in 2017)

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-dc-randy-shannon-explains-doesnt-care-star-ratings

Math is hard apparently. So 8/9 of Shannon's linebackers have been 2 or 3-stars. So far only three of them have contributed anything. 3/8 is a success rate of 37%, so the conclusion you got from that success rate is that stars don't matter? No wonder you failed miserably at being a 'scientist.'

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
Math is hard apparently. So 8/9 of Shannon's linebackers have been 2 or 3-stars. So far only three of them have contributed anything. 3/8 is a success rate of 37%, so the conclusion you got from that success rate is that stars don't matter? No wonder you failed miserably at being a 'scientist.'

He didn't fail, he was just wrong most of the time.

He didn't fail, he was just wrong most of the time.

It's interesting that someone who doesn't care about rankings would go through the trouble to make up his own. Maybe he's just so far ahead of us being from another planet and all that we just can't understand his brilliant logic.

Reactions: METSWIN
It's interesting that someone who doesn't care about rankings would go through the trouble to make up his own. Maybe he's just so far ahead of us being from another planet and all that we just can't understand his brilliant logic.

Classes don't matter at all, so nobody should care where some twit rates them.
InstaFail post made 12/04/2016 regarding Florida football recruiting

Reactions: IrishPokerDog

Classes don't matter at all, so nobody should care where some twit rates them.
InstaFail post made 12/04/2016 regarding Florida football recruiting
More mind numbing stats from Insty tater... So much time (and other things) on his scientific hands.

Reactions: nail1988
More naked dancing in the streets (showing their azzes) by the usual brain-dead jerks. Please continue, those with functioning brains are still laughing at your punk-chumps drivel... :D

BTW, according to SEC Country's poll, Mc is the #2 rated SEC coach in fan approval rating, behind only Saban.

So your pack of negative Gators + rival pukes, is adding up to just what I've said all along,,, monumental moe-rons, one and all... o_O

Update (rivals)

NR OT Jalen Gross 6-7 250 - Valdosta, Ga
UF - MsSt - USF, UCF, VaTech, etc.

#69 WR Jalynn Williams 5-11 188 - St.Petersburg, FL
UF - UK -- GaT, Mia, NC, tOSU, etc

#19 CB Divaad Wilson 6-0 180 - Miami, FL
UF - SCa, VU -- UL, NCSt, Rut, USF, UCF, Syr, etc

#24 FS C.J. Smith 6-1 190 - W. Palm Beach, FL
UF - UA, UK, LSU, SCa, Tn -- UL, Mich, Neb, OK, VaT, WVa, etc...

Mc-staff never beats out any decent D1 for any of their recruits, as the offers list proves beyond all doubt.... :rolleyes:
===========

Way-Way-Way Too Early 2019 Commits:

WR John Dunmore 6-3 170 - Delray Beach, FL
UF - Syr, W.Va, FL-A&M

DB Jashon Watkins 6-4 180 - Nashville, TN
UF - UK, MS, TN - Okla, Cincy, etc.

Ath Tyrique Stevenson 6-1 180 - Homestead, FL
UF - UCF

WR Frank Ladson 6-4 170 - Miami
UF - UGA -- USF, UCF,,, FL-Atl (local lame kitten)

DT Jaquaze Sorrells 6-3 250 - Largo, FL
UF -- Mich, VaT

DB Jaleel McRae 6-1 185 - New Smyrna Beach, FL
UF - UGA -- NCSt

Last edited:
WR Anthony Schwartz 6-0 172 4.34/40 (10.15 100M -- 51.77 400M),,, SMOKIN'. - Ft.Lauderdale

He wants to be another 2-Sport Gator (football-track like Demps) in 2018.

"All the (UF) coaches knew me and they were nice. They said they want me real bad.” So does Florida CB signee Marco Wilson, who is football and track teammates with Schwartz at American Heritage High School. Wilson was at the Miami regional Sunday to support Schwartz.

His current co-leaders are UF & Miami. Schwartz visited Miami last weekend and is scheduled to attend Florida’s spring game on April 7 with his mother.

~~ Florida Men's 4x100 relar just ran a Collegiate-Leading time at the 73rd Pepsi Florida Relays.
http://floridagators.com/news/2017/...-gators-as-pepsi-florida-relays-continue.aspx

How good is the Gator Track Coach and his program?
http://floridagators.com/coaches.aspx?rc=633&path=trackfield

Any student/athlete that wants to also run Track can't do any better than this.
http://floridagators.com/news/2011/6/9/20866.aspx

Last edited:
2018 FS C.J. Smith 6-2 193 - He holds 20 offers, including Alabama, LSU, Michigan and Oklahoma. He’s still hearing from other schools and wants to take official visits, but a de-commitment seems unlikely. “I’m locked in with Florida. Something real bad has to happen in order for me to change my mind,” Smith said. “It’s a great academic school. I’m not going there just for football. My mom loves what they have to offer.

Hey head-nailed-to-da-flor, he could always flip and go with 'Big Game Bob' at Choke-la-homa instead. I hear that they teach their players how to pimp-out their cheerleaders to make some side cash.... (a 6-pac of Pepsi and a couple packs of Marboro would likely be enough for a barter job in the dust-bowl) :D:D:D

Update (rivals)

NR WR Corey Gammage 6-2 188 - Delray Beach, FL
UF - AU - Mia, NCSt, IoSt, NCSt, Syr, W.Va, etc

NR TE/OT Jalen Goss 6-5 250 - Valdosta, GA
UF - MsSt - VaTech, USF, UCF, WF, etc.

#69 WR Jalynn Williams 5-11 188 - St.Petersburg, FL
UF - UK -- GaT, Mia, NC, tOSU, etc

#19 CB Divaad Wilson 6-0 180 - Miami, FL
UF - SCa, VU -- UL, NCSt, Rut, USF, UCF, Syr, etc

#24 FS C.J. Smith 6-1 190 - W. Palm Beach, FL
UF - UA, UK, LSU, SCa, Tn -- UL, Mich, Neb, OK, VaT, WVa, etc...

Mc-staff never beats out any decent D1 for any of their recruits, as the offers list proves beyond all doubt.... :rolleyes:
===========

Way-Way-Way Too Early 2019 Commits:

WR John Dunmore 6-3 170 - Delray Beach, FL
UF - Syr, W.Va, FL-A&M

DB Jashon Watkins 6-4 180 - Nashville, TN
UF - UK, MS, TN - Okla, Cincy, etc.

Ath Tyrique Stevenson 6-1 180 - Homestead, FL
UF - UCF

WR Frank Ladson 6-4 170 - Miami
UF - UGA -- USF, UCF,,, FL-Atl (local lame kitten)

DT Jaquaze Sorrells 6-3 250 - Largo, FL
UF -- Mich, VaT

DB Jaleel McRae 6-1 185 - New Smyrna Beach, FL
UF - UGA -- NCSt

2018 FS C.J. Smith 6-2 193 - He holds 20 offers, including Alabama, LSU, Michigan and Oklahoma. He’s still hearing from other schools and wants to take official visits, but a de-commitment seems unlikely. “I’m locked in with Florida. Something real bad has to happen in order for me to change my mind,” Smith said. “It’s a great academic school. I’m not going there just for football. My mom loves what they have to offer.

Hey head-nailed-to-da-flor, he could always flip and go with 'Big Game Bob' at Choke-la-homa instead.

2018 rivals recruiting

Choklehoma # 11 ( pulled top 5 back out of Florida IMG ) :cool:

Lizzerds # 20 :eek::eek:

stoops.gif

I hear that they teach their players how to pimp-out their cheerleaders to make some side cash.... (a 6-pac of Pepsi and a couple packs of Marboro would likely be enough for a barter job in the dust-bowl) :D:D:D

mcmillian-arrest-daniel.jpg

Former Florida Gators linebacker Daniel McMillian was arrested Thursday on a first-degree felony charge of attempted sexual battery and third-degree felony kidnapping-false imprisonment.:D:D:D

instaGATOR said:

Hey head-nailed-to-da-flor, he could always flip and go with 'Big Game Bob' at Choke-la-homa instead.

2018 rivals recruiting

stoops.gif

I hear that they teach their players how to pimp-out their cheerleaders to make some side cash.... (a 6-pac of Pepsi and a couple packs of Marboro would likely be enough for a barter job in the dust-bowl) :D:D:D

mcmillian-arrest-daniel.jpg

Former Florida Gators linebacker Daniel McMillian was arrested Thursday on a first-degree felony charge of attempted sexual battery and third-degree felony kidnapping-false imprisonment.:D:D:D

2018 rivals recruiting

Yep, and much like the Ugly buttsniffing leghumpers in Athens, 'Big Game Bob' seems to win so few NC's, even with all of those 'supposedly' superior recruits.... ;)

i.e. Glorified FB Tebow 24 - 14 Heisman Pretender Sam Bad-ford :cool:

However,,,,
According to 247 for 2019:
#1 Gators
#5 Dust Bowl Chokers
:D

=========

Okey Player Pimped Cheerleader = Sure Thing o_O

Arrested Gator = Charged but undetermined if guilty as yet. ;)

Last edited:
WoW!!! Big Game Bob got a great RB out of IMG. Stealing him away from UF... :eek:
#5 RB T.J.Pledger 5-9 175 **** - Bradenton, FL, IMG (rivals recruiting)

He did get an early offer from UF back in Dec, but they didn't really pursue him.
I think that T.J. took a look at UF's roster of RB's and decided that the Big 12-10-whatever was more of a match for his size and his true talent level.... ;)

RB Mark Thompson 6-2 237 rsSr ***** (#1 Juco, 2016 4.4 ypc)
RB Jordan Scarlett 5-10 213 Jr **** (2016 5.0 ypc)
RB Lamical Perine 5-11 221 So ****- Fr All SEC, 2016 4.6 ypc)
Ath/QB/RB/WR Kadarius Toney 5-11 180 Fr-EE (14.8 ypc in O&B game)
RB Adarius Lemons 6-1 195 Fr **** (he began 2016-17 as FL's #1 HS RB)

RB Malik Davis 5-11 190 Fr **** - Played his 5A Florida football in Tampa.
Sr HS season: #1 in the Nation - 2,469 yds, 11.5 ypc, 33 TD's :eek:
Career - 7,025 yds, 83 TD's.
blasting Clemson RB Ray-Ray McCloud's (5,765 yds) record.

So I can't really blame little Pledger for choosing to bail out for the dust bowl....:cool:

Last edited:
2017 Early Enrollees:

#1 DT Campbell 6-3 323
#10 TE Gamble 6-3 241
#22 OT Telfort 6-6 318
#24 Ath/QB Toney 5-11 180
#42 OLB Houston 6-1 233
-- per 247
Another Spring has sprung and gone.
===========

The 18 summer arrivals will be here soon.

#11 WR James Robinson IV 6-3 196 - Lakeland, FL (#14 WR)

#18 WR Daquon Green 6-1 186 - Tampa, FL (33 WR)

#25 RB Adarius Lemons 6-1 194 - Clearwater, FL (#27 RB)

#16 QB-PP Jake Allen 6-4 204 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL (#23 QB-PP)

#33 OT T.J. Moore 6-6 280 - Charlotte, NC (#25 OT)

#75 RB Malik Davis 5-11 185 - Tampa FL (#25 RB)

* per rivals (247)
===========

#11 OT/DT Tedarrell Slaton 6-5 353 - Plantation, FL (#3 OG)

#10 Ath/DB Christopher Hendrson 6-1 179 - Miami, FL (#15 CB)

#12 DE Zachary Carter 6-5 251 - Tampa, FL (#3 DEss)

#13 FS Brad Stewart 6-1 194 - N.O. LA (#20 CB)

#22 CB Marco Wilson 6-0 180 - Plantation, FL (#28 CB)

#23 CB Shawn Davis 6-0 190 - Miami, FL (#43 CB)

#42 OLB Ventrell Miller 6-0 227 - Lakeland, FL (#35 OLB)

#54 DT/DE Elijah Conliffe 6-4 295 - Hampton, VA (#19 DT)

#60 OLB Nick Smith 6-2 200 - Orlando, FL (#78 OLB)

#74 S Donovan Stiner 6-2 185 - Bellaire, TX (#56 S)

#94 S Brian Edwards 6-3 187 - Miramar, FL (#58 CB)

NR OLB Lacedrick Brunson 6-2 210 - Miami, FL (#153 OLB)

* Ht-Wt and position rankings are per ESPN. (247's position rankings)

=====================

2018 Gator Committed Recruits: (5)

#17 S C.J. Smith 6-2 193 - W.Palm Bch, FL (#24 S)

#42 CB Divaad Wilson 6-0 180 - Miami, FL (#19 CB)

#61 OT Jalen Goss 6-5 250 - Valdosta, GA (NR OT)

#103 WR Jalynn Williams 5-10 188 - St. Petersburg, FL (#69 WR)

#112 WR Corey Gammage 6-2 188 - Delray Bch, FL (NR WR)

* Ht-Wt and position rankings are per 247. (rivals position rankings)
=====================

2019 Gator Committed Recruits (5)

#4 S Jaleel McRae 6-0 185 - New Smyrna Bch, FL

#10 DT Jaquaze Sorrells 6-3 256 - Largo, FL

#21 Ath Tyrique Stevenson 6-0 175 - Homestead, FL

#30 WR John Dunmore 6-3 170 - Delray Bch, FL

#32 WR Frank Ladson 6-4 170 - Homestead, FL

* Ht-Wt and position rankings are per 247.

Last edited:
WoW!!! Big Game Bob got a great RB out of IMG. Stealing him away from UF... :eek:
#5 RB T.J.Pledger 5-9 175 **** - Bradenton, FL, IMG (rivals recruiting)

He did get an early offer from UF back in Dec, but they didn't really pursue him.
I think that T.J. took a look at UF's roster of RB's and decided that the Big 12-10-whatever was more of a match for his size and his true talent level.... ;)

RB Mark Thompson 6-2 237 rsSr ***** (#1 Juco 4.4 ypc)
RB Jordan Scarlett 5-10 213 Jr **** (2016 5.0 ypc)
RB Lamical Perine 5-11 221 So ****- Fr All SEC 4.6 ypc)
Ath/QB/RB/WR Kadarius Toney 5-11 180 Fr-EE (14.8 ypc in O&B game)
RB Adarius Lemons 6-1 195 Fr **** (he began 2016-17 as FL's #1 HS RB)

RB Malik Davis 5-11 190 Fr **** - Played his 5A Florida football in Tampa.
Sr HS season: #1 in the Nation - 2,469 yds, 8.1 ypc, 33 TD's :eek:
Career - 7,025 yds, 83 TD's.
blasting Clemson RB Ray-Ray McCloud's (5,765 yds) record.

So I can't really blame little Pledger for choosing to bail out for the dust bowl....:cool:

Lizzerd RB'S Meh. ( only back I would like to have is Perine)

*Pledger position # 5 national # 35 :cool:
* Davis position # 16 national NO RANKING :eek::rolleyes:

Kennedy Brooks 6' 197 F 4*
Trey Sermon 6'2 225 F 4*
Rodney Anderson 6' 220 RS S 4* ( 2015 Texas HS player of the year)
Abdul Adams 5'10 208 sophomore 4*
Marcel Sutton 5'10 195 sophomore 3*

Lizzerd RB'S Meh. ( only back I would like to have is Perine)

*Pledger position # 5 national # 35 :cool:
* Davis position # 16 national NO RANKING :eek::rolleyes:

The genius and totally unbiased rankings handed out by rivals recruiting,,, and they never get it wrong... (bio/stats by MaxPreps, recruit rankings from rivals)

#2 Ath/RB Ray-Ray McCloud 5-10 175 ***** 6.1 - Tampa, FL - Sickles HS
2014-15 - Sr - 270 for 1,933 yds, 7.2 ypc, L-63, 17 TD's
Career - 760 for 5,765 yds, 7.6 ypc, 58 TD's.

#16 RB Malik Davis 5-11 190 **** 5.8 - Tampa, FL - Jesuit HS
2016-17 - Sr - 214 for 2,469 yds, 11.5 ypc, L-91, 33 TD's
Career - 831 for 7,029 yds, 8.5 ypc, 83 TD's.

Which shows yet again why recruit rankings are so important to the coaches doing the recruiting... :confused:

Dabo tried his best to flip Davis to Clemson, and he already has Ray-Ray.
I wouldn't trade you any of UF's current roster backs for Pledger.

Of course, you and Big Game Bob know a lot more than NC Dabo, or 2x SECe-C McElwain, so instead you got a Pledger...
But hey, he should be able to compete pretty well in the Big12-10-whatever... ;)

2016 Total Defense Rankings:

1. UA - SEC-C
~ 2. FSU --- UF's annual in-state rival
3. BYU
4. MichSt
5. UF - SECe-C

6. BGSU
7. NL
8. LSU
9. U-Conn
10. Rut
11. SCa
12. BSU
* 13. Mich --- UF's 1st opponent in 2017
14. UtahSt
15. Wis
16. TCU -- <<< The ONLY Big12-10-whatever in the Top 25.
17. Pitt
18. VaT
19. VU
20. Stan
21. Mary
22. FresSt
23. UL
24. SJSt
25. Tulsa
The SEC had 5 in the Top 25, with 2 in the Top 5.

32. UGA
46. Ole Miss
52. MsSt
57. aTm
58. Mizz
59. UK
The SEC had 11 teams in the Top 60.

73. Ark
79. AU
107. tennis-sea -- :eek: - :D:D:D

64. Choke-la-homa
67. TX - the chokers big Big12-10-whatever rival.
80. OkSt - the chokers big in-state rival.

See what I mean... :cool:

Last edited:
The genius and totally unbiased rankings handed out by rivals recruiting,,, and they never get it wrong... (bio/stats by MaxPreps, recruit rankings from rivals)

#2 Ath/RB Ray-Ray McCloud 5-10 175 ***** 6.1 - Tampa, FL - Sickles HS
2014-15 - Sr - 270 for 1,933 yds, 7.2 ypc, L-63, 17 TD's
Career - 760 for 5,765 yds, 7.6 ypc, 58 TD's.

#16 RB Malik Davis 5-11 190 **** 5.8 - Tampa, FL - Jesuit HS
2016-17 - Sr - 214 for 2,469 yds, 11.5 ypc, L-91, 33 TD's
Career - 831 for 7,029 yds, 8.5 ypc, 83 TD's.

Which shows yet again why recruit rankings are so important to the coaches doing the recruiting... :confused:

Dabo tried his best to flip Davis to Clemson, and he already has Ray-Ray.
I wouldn't trade you any of UF's current roster backs for Pledger.

Of course, you and Big Game Bob know a lot more than NC Dabo, or 2x SECe-C McElwain, so instead you got a Pledger...
But hey, he should be able to compete pretty well in the Big12-10-whatever... ;)

2016 Total Defense Rankings:

1. UA - SEC-C
~ 2. FSU --- UF's annual in-state rival
3. BYU
4. MichSt
5. UF - SECe-C

6. BGSU
7. NL
8. LSU
9. U-Conn
10. Rut
11. SCa
12. BSU
* 13. Mich --- UF's 1st opponent in 2017
14. UtahSt
15. Wis
16. TCU -- <<< The ONLY Big12-10-whatever in the Top 25.
17. Pitt
18. VaT
19. VU
20. Stan
21. Mary
22. FresSt
23. UL
24. SJSt
25. Tulsa
The SEC had 5 in the Top 25, with 2 in the Top 5.

32. UGA
46. Ole Miss
52. MsSt
57. aTm
58. Mizz
59. UK
60. SCa
The SEC had 12 teams in the Top 60.

64. Choke-la-homa

See what I mean... :cool:

Bobby Stoop's 190-48
:cool:

Swamp Donkey 41-24 :eek:

I think Bobby knows a little something about great RB's unlike the swamp donkey and dumbo :D

a6641b42707f12efe92ae0e4ce25e9d612e0f20a61f95af1c69398d57b745854_large

giphy.gif

Bobby Stoop's 190-48 :cool:

Swamp Donkey 41-24 :eek:

I think Bobby knows a little something about great RB's unlike the swamp donkey and dumbo :D

Yeah, and everyone in the country knows the differences in playing in the SEC and playing in the no-defense Big12-10-whatever....

Who did McElwain get his 9-4 record against in 2016?

2016 Total Defense Rankings: (5. UF)

L 1. UA @ SEC-C
L @ 2. FSU
W @ 8. LSU
W 11. SCA
W @ 19. VU
-------
W 32. UGly @ WLOCP
W 49. Iowa - @ Outback Bowl
W #58 Mizz

Five teams with Top 20 defenses in the nation, with 3 more in the Top 60.
And only 2 of those opponents were played at home in the SWAMP.

64. Choke-la-homa

2018 Gator Committed Recruits: (6) Ranking 247, (rivals)

#17 S C.J. Smith 6-2 193 - W.Palm Bch, FL (#24 S)

#42 CB Divaad Wilson 6-0 180 - Miami, FL (#19 CB)

#61 OT Jalen Goss 6-5 250 - Valdosta, GA (NR OT)

#103 WR Jalynn Williams 5-10 188 - St. Petersburg, FL (#69 WR)

#112 WR Corey Gammage 6-2 188 - Delray Bch, FL (NR WR)

Update - 1-14-17

#17 RB Iverson Clement 5-11 190 - Mount Holly N.J. (#6 RB)
Offers: UF - TN, UK - Bay, Mich, Neb, tOSU, VaT, Wis, etc.

#9 RB Asa Martin 6-0 193 - Decatur, AL (#7) (says UF is his leader)
Offers: UF - AU, GA, LSU, Ms, MsSt, TN, - Bay, Mich, OkSt, Ore, WVa, Wis, etc.

Martin is another hard running back from AL with great receiving hands coming out of the backfield, and he knows how to pick up the blitz and block. He had this to say about the Gator RB coach. “What he did with his RB's at WVa was awesome. He sent a player to the NFL 4 years in a row, so he’s a good coach and he knows what he’s doing.” (Asa's family wants him at UF)

~ At this time, it appears Clement and Martin will likely be the 2018 RB's.

Hey head-nailed-to-da-flor, here's your latest RB recruit at the Nike regional...

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/iverson-clement-gator-chomps

Oops, sorry, that's the Gator's latest RB recruit in action,,,
(see chomp) :p -- :D -- :cool:

zzzzzzzzzzz :rolleyes::rolleyes:

NEWSOK Blogs / OU Blog
OU ranked as best NFL running back :cool::cool:factory by ESPN
brooke_pryor1.jpg
by Brooke Pryor Published: April 24, 2017 10:48 AM CDT Updated: April 24, 2017 11:16 AM CDT

http://newsok.com/article/5546640

I will stick with Stoop's RB eval :eek::p

zzzzzzzzzzz :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I will stick with Stoop's RB eval :eek::p

I think you meant to say that you're stuck with Big Game Bob's eval.

Every starting Gator RB going back to before HoF E.Smith has gone on to the NFL.

Here's just the last 4 to do so....

Mike Gillislee - Drafted by Bills, now with the Pats on a restricted F/A buy-out
Matt Jones - Redskins
Kelvin Taylor - 49'ers
-----------------
Mark Herndon - Browns as a F/A (a former Gator walk-on)
And he was a 2016 backup RB and S/T's player, not even a starter.

I think you meant to say that you're stuck with Big Game Bob's eval.

Every starting Gator RB going back to before HoF E.Smith has gone on to the NFL.

Here's just the last 4 to do so....

Mike Gillislee - Drafted by Bills, now with the Pats on a restricted F/A buy-out
Matt Jones - Redskins
Kelvin Taylor - 49'ers
-----------------
Mark Herndon - Browns as a F/A (a former Gator walk-on)
And he was a 2016 backup RB and S/T's player, not even a starter.

Yap yap yap zzzzzzzzzz

All practice squad and 3rd team backs.No All pros or NFL rushing leaders. Samaje Perine will now bump Matt Jones to the bench :eek::D

Yap yap yap zzzzzzzzzz

All practice squad and 3rd team backs.No All pros or NFL rushing leaders. Samaje Perine will now bump Matt Jones to the bench :eek::D

Has every single Choker starting RB, going back to the 80's, gone on to the NFL?

UF has only had - Emmitt Smith - Eric Rhett - Fred Taylor, among all of the many others.
Starting RB Fred Taylor went to the NFL in the 1st Rnd to the Jags.
Starting RB Elijah Williams switched to CB as a Sr and went to the Falcons.
Starting RB Eugene McCaslin switched to MLB as a Sr and went to the Packers.
All 3 of them were on the 1996 team that beat FSU 52 - 20 for the NC.

The entire point of the NFL is to become a millionaire, it's a job. Its not to be a record setting Pro Bowler. If that happens then great, but it's not necessary.
Millionaire is an individual goal. The other requires a great team. A great team and you can be a great player. A chitty team and,,, not so much... :rolleyes:
============

Matt Jones 6-2 231 4.55/40 - In 2014 Matt had a career high 192 yard vs 10-3 UGA at the WLOCP. -- Note: Kelvin Taylor had 197 yards that same day.
UF 38 - 20 UGA -- UGA 45 - 21 Clem -- Clem 40 - 6 Chokers <-----<<< :p
Matt went in the 3rd round to the Skins. == 2016 4.6 ypc - 9.1 yds/rec.

Samaje Perine 5-10 235 slow - In 2014 Samaje had a record breaking 427 yards in a game, but it was against perennial Big 12 dog, 3-9 Cans-azz.
He didn't go until the 4th round to the Skins in 2017.
NFL Draft Bottom Line Eval:
Perine can be a complimentary "banger" for a team who already has a slasher. But Perine doesn't have the burst or play speed to be a dynamic lead back.

Gawds but this dust-bowl swooner with his head-nailed-to-da-flor never tires of being FoS, or just plain WRONG! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Moving right along on the recruiting front.... :cool:

Saban is still having nightmares over losing Pineiro to McElwain's flip.
While Mc fought off Saban's attempted flip of Ala. HS RB Lamical Perine.

Mc is getting recruits away from Alabama/Saban.

Mc is getting recruits away from Louisiana/Myles/Orgeron

Mc is getting recruits away from Miami/Golden/Richt

Mc out recruited Tennis-sea's Head-BJ in the 2017 class, (#9 to #15).

Mc is keeping some Florida recruits home that were recruited by,,,
Mich - tOSU - Ok - ND - Clem..
He also fought off Dabo's attempt to flip RB Malik Davis.
Davis broke Clemson RB Ray-Ray McCloud's HS Rushing Yards and TD's records.

While nobody gets them all, nor everyone that they offer, Mc is still getting more than his fair share imo, and he's getting better at it with each new class. He arrived to the 91's class and turned it into the #21 class.
Then his 1st full class was the 12th class.
Then in 2017 he got the 9th class.
And now the 2018 and 2019 classes are shaping up to be Top 10's again, maybe even Top 5's. :)

Right now, UF is recruiting S/CB Brad Stewarts Louisiana HS teammate, S Joe Foucha. Joe says him and Brad are like brothers.
And also CB C.J. Herderson's (Maimi) younger brother Xzavier.
He'a a way down the road 2020 WR'er, but getting in early on a legacy is a smart move, that's how he got CB Marco Wilson, 2nd Rnd CB Quincey's brother. ;)

IMO, Zach continues to be the best source for Gator recruiting news. https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-in

PS

QB Malik Zaire is reportedly a 'head case' so he's just what the Gator's need to further their 'cluster' at QB...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
A very LONG way until 2018 NSD still....

#72 RB Christian Turner 5-11 187 - Buford, Ga. - List
He just got a UF offer. ----- He just committed to Mich. today

That RB is a quality player. Strong, shifty, good balance, runs with his head up, and fast.

However, watching his team block for him is the real highlight imo.
Even when the opposing defense put 10 in the box, they still got a hat on a hat and held their blocks long enough for the RB to get through the holes they were making.
The OL blocks, their TE's block, their FB blocks when used, and even their WR's block down field.
Those other guys are a BLOCKING MACHINE for their RB.

Maybe Mc-staff should be offering some of those other guys a ship, along with the RB..... Go take a look for yourself.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-christian-turner-michigan

==================

The current abbreviated Gator's 2018 RB Board according to SEC Counrty / Zach:

Iverson Clement - Mount Holly, NJ - Gator commit
Asa Martin
- Decatur, Ala - UF Lean -- but AU is still in the mix.

Dameon Pierce - Bainbridge, Ga - UA commit
Jashaun Corbin - Melbourne, FL - TN commit
James Cook - Miami - FSU commit
(I hope this food-truck cook, goes where the short-order cook went)

Lavonte Valentine - Melbourne, FL
==========
==========

RB ship offers from the Gator's, according to ESPN: (Uncommitted List in BOLD)

#1 RB Zamir White 6-0 205 **** - Laurinburg, NC - List
Offers: UA, AU, UF, UGA, SCa, TN, and a host of others,,, OK, tOSU, etc

#2 RB Ricky Slade 5-9 185 4.48/40 **** - Woodbridge, Va - PSU
Offers: UF, SCa, TN,,, Bay, Clem, Mia, tOSU, etc.

#3 RB James Cook - Miami - FSU

#4 RB Lorenzo Lingard - Orange City, FL - Miami

#5 RB T.J. Pledger - Bradenton, FL - OK

#6 RB Dameon Pierce - Bainbridge, Ga - UA

#9 RB Lyn-J Dixon - Butler, Ga - List

#10 Ath/RB Seth Williams - Cottondale, Ala - List
#10 RB Brian Snead - Seffner, FL - tOSU
#11 Ath/RB Kyler McMichael - Deluth, Ga - List

#16 RB Jashaun Corbin - Melbourne, FL - TN

#17 RB Chris Curry - Lehigh Acres, FL - List
#26 Ath/RB Iverson Clement - Mount Holly, NJ - UF Commit

#43 RB Leddie Brown - Smyrna, Del - WVa

(181 total UF offers are out on the table, with 6 firm commits)

If they keep Clement and get Martin, I'd be good with that for the 2018 RB's.

Last edited:
Early 2018 Recruit Class Ranking per Rivals

2. LSU 16 -- 0 - 7 - 9 - 0 - 3.44

13. TN - 9 -- 1 - 3 - 5 - 0 - 3.55

26. UF - 6 -- 0 - 3 - 3 - 0 - 3.50

38. UA - 3 -- 0 - 4 - 0 - 0 - 4.00

60. UG - 3 -- 0 - 0 - 3 - 0 - 3.00

1. Mia - 17 - 1 - 12 - 4 - 0 - 3.82
4. ND -- 12 - 0 - 8 -- 4 - 0 - 3.67
5. tOSU 9 -- 2 -- 6 -- 1 - 0 - 4.11
7. FSU - 9 -- 1 - 3 -- 4 - 1 - 3.44
10. USCw 7 - 2 - 4 - 0 - 1 - 4.00

So, should all of us SEC fans (except LSU), jump off the nearest bridge/cliff, or should we wait until NSD? :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT