ADVERTISEMENT

The state of the program

GatorNation79

Bull Gator
Sep 27, 2009
Sparks, NV
The hope hasn't been this great in years. We haven't been a program to come from behind and win. We've beat 2 top 15 teams...come from behind to win 2 games that Swamp Donkey or Muschamp would have never won these games. YEAH...it wasn't always pretty but seeing these kids not quit...come back and win tells me that we are we're we need to be.

I agree with most but Franks would have never helped up win this game today...and he did...kid deserves a lot of props today, played with a chip on his shoulder and got it done. We need to rebuild and get better talent but the we did today was a total credit to Mullen and his staff. Go Gators!

Reactions: ih8f$u
Agreed. Past under Mac and Chump would have just mailed it in today and we would have lost by about 4 TDs.

We have a lot of holes on this roster. Give Mullen time and I’m confident he’ll fix this.

Mullen is great. The difference on the football coaching side is like night and day. But, what we need is better overall fan/crowd support and energy. It is hard to generate that.

It was kinda telling that Franks felt he needed to Shhhh the crowd yesterday....

But sadgator had no issue with it. Kid has played his heart out all year.

Mullen is great. The difference on the football coaching side is like night and day. But, what we need is better overall fan/crowd support and energy. It is hard to generate that.

It was kinda telling that Franks felt he needed to Shhhh the crowd yesterday....

Yup, the entire team seemed irritated by the booing, which has to hurt recruiting, too. Boobirds need to be mercilessly shamed in the crowd.

Yup, the entire team seemed irritated by the booing, which has to hurt recruiting, too. Boobirds need to be mercilessly shamed in the crowd.
Agreed. I get it. Fans have just reached their breaking point in regards to poor QB play but right now the offense is doing the best it has in years. We are #48 in the nation in yards per play. Last year we were #104. That is a huge improvement.

I’ve been critical but I have never booed players at a college sporting event. I really don’t think it is necessary and it isn’t a good look.

People are to worked up on Franks/Trask. Next year we will see the entire offense when Jones is in there. In the meantime Mullen has done a fantastic job of making what he can out of average QB who doesn’t fit the system.

We hired a great coach, now we just need to get some more and the right tools in here

Agreed. I get it. Fans have just reached their breaking point in regards to poor QB play but right now the offense is doing the best it has in years. We are #48 in the nation in yards per play. Last year we were #104. That is a huge improvement.

I’ve been critical but I have never booed players at a college sporting event. I really don’t think it is necessary and it isn’t a good look.

You are a better person than most.

Someday I'll tell you about the way an opposing team's fans treated my players at a game. In under-8 soccer.

Oh, wait, I don't know you IRL. Nevermind.

No issue with Franks sssshhhing the crowd...kid made it happen. He's a Gator and he was a MAJOR factor in the win. I'm actually proud that he had that fire. Doesn't matter what you think about the QB that he is...guy got the job done...that was awesome.

People are to worked up on Franks/Trask. Next year we will see the entire offense when Jones is in there. In the meantime Mullen has done a fantastic job of making what he can out of average QB who doesn’t fit the system.

We hired a great coach, now we just need to get some more and the right tools in here

I agree long-term but I actually think we could take a step back offensively next year. We lose 4 of 5 on the OL, Scarlett and Perine are likely to leave, we lose our top two TE’s in Lewis and Stephens, and we’ll also probably lose Jefferson at wideout. That’s a lot to replace and then throw in a likely first-time starter and there’s gonna be growing pains.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
Turnover on offense will be interesting. I know Ivey, Johnson & Jordan are seniors and Taylor is a junior and may leave for the draft, but Buchanan will be back, Heggie will take Jordan's place at LG, Bleich and Banks will be back on the right side of the line. Forsyth will be back as will T.J. McCoy, who hasn't played much this year but was a pretty good center for us last year. Richard Gouriage came in highly touted and should be ready to go next year as well as Jean Delance, who transferred in from Texas, and will have adjusted to the new system and be ready to play. We will be very thin on O-line though and already have 4 OL commitments for the 2019 class, but imagine Mullen is searching the JUCO ranks to try to find some immediate help.
I'm not sure how many of our juniors test the NFL waters, but I think we've built nice depth at WR and have 2 commits already. At RB, if Malik Davis can stay healthy, he Pierce & Clement will be a good trio even if Perine and/or Scarlett leave. Time will tell, but we've all agreed that the talent level on the roster isn't at a championship level yet and the coaches need to improve their current recruiting ranking from 11th in the SEC and 22nd nationally if we're going to contend with the big boys.

Recruiting rankings are important, but not definitive. As an example, these are our Top 10 all time rated recruits, in order, per Sports247 composite ratings coming out of high school:
Ronald Powell
Brock Berlin
Martez Ivey
Percy Harvin
Vernon Hargreaves
D.J. Humphries
Will Hill
Dominique Easley
Jelani Jenkins
Shariff Floyd

Tim Tebow was #23

Recruiting rankings are important, but not definitive. As an example, these are our Top 10 all time rated recruits, in order, per Sports247 composite ratings coming out of high school:
Ronald Powell
Brock Berlin
Martez Ivey
Percy Harvin
Vernon Hargreaves
D.J. Humphries
Will Hill
Dominique Easley
Jelani Jenkins
Shariff Floyd

Tim Tebow was #23

Great point. Hargreaves and Harvin lived up to the hype. Easley was on his way before he got hurt. Jenkins and Floyd were real solid.

The 2019 projected roster is not nearly as lacking as some seem to think... :cool:

OL -- I counted 17 with the 4 2019 Fr incoming.
16 if RT Wannie leaves and IF no others are added.
OG Deyavie hammond 6-3 353 (uncommitted, 100% crystal)
OG Kamaar Bell 6-3 320 (uncommitted, 100% crystal)

TE
Lucas Krull 6-6 255 rsJr
Kemore Gamble 6-3 246 rsSo
Kyle Pitts 6-6 246 So
Dante Lang 6-5 253 rsFr
-----
Keon Zipperer 6-2 240 (87% crystal)

RB
Scarlett rsSr is likely gone
Lamical Perine 5-11 227 Sr - might return
Malik Davis 5-11 191 rsSo (if med-rs, or Jr if not)
Dameon Pierce 5-11 207 So
Iverson Clement 5-11 202 rsFr
-----
Nay'Quan Wright 5-8 188 (uncommitted, 92% crystal)
If both Scarlett and Perine go, T.Sanders might be more inclined?

WR/RB Kadarius Toney 5-11 190 Jr

WR
Dre Massey 5-9 189 - Gone (slot/CB)
Van Jefferson 6-2 197 rsSr - might be gone.
-----
Tyrie Cleveland 6-2 206 Sr
Josh Hammond 6-0 194 Sr
Freddie Swain 6-0 199 Sr
Rick Wells 6-0 202 rsJr
Trevon Grimes 6-5 210 Jr
Daquon Green 6-1 192 Jr
Jacob Copeland 6-0 198 rsFr
Jaylin Jackson 5-8 171 rsFr (slot-WR/CB/dtQB)
Dionte Marks 6-1 180 Fr ****
Ja'Markis Weston 6-3 200 Fr ****
-----
dtQB/WR Jaden Seider 5-10 175 (uncommitted, 100% crystal)

The 2019 projected roster is not nearly as lacking as some seem to think... :cool:

TE
Lucas Krull 6-6 255 rsJr
Kyle Pitts 6-6 246 So
Dante Lang 6-5 253 rsFr
-----

RB
-----

WR
-----
Josh Hammond 6-0 194 Sr
Freddie Swain 6-0 199 Sr
Rick Wells 6-0 202 rsJr
Trevon Grimes 6-5 210 Jr
Daquon Green 6-1 192 Jr
-----

Prob good enough for 3rd/4th in the East....

TE
Lucas Krull 6-6 255 rsJr
Kyle Pitts 6-6 246 So
Dante Lang 6-5 253 rsFr
-----

RB
-----

WR
-----
Josh Hammond 6-0 194 Sr
Freddie Swain 6-0 199 Sr
Rick Wells 6-0 202 rsJr
Trevon Grimes 6-5 210 Jr
Daquon Green 6-1 192 Jr
-----

For those of you who don't know, insta doesn't ever believe a we don't have depth, because he thinks everyone walk-on is a legitimate part of the starting option, 2 and 3 depth options.

Itstbat whole "I don't really know how anything works" mentality.

Cue the bad slam poetry.

For those of you who don't know, insta doesn't ever believe a we don't have depth, because he thinks everyone walk-on is a legitimate part of the starting option, 2 and 3 depth options.

Itstbat whole "I don't really know how anything works" mentality.

Cue the bad slam poetry.

Not to mention no one even said anything about the roster lacking in talent. We’re just replacing a lot of players and experience. We’ll upgrade the talent level in some spots but they’re still gonna be a learning curve. Arguably our most talented team ever in 2007 lost 4 games because they were so inexperienced. But somehow this team is losing a bunch of players on a team that lacked depth to begin with and it doesn’t matter because he can list a bunch of guys on a pretend depth chart, many of which haven’t done a thing at UF. Seems legit.

Longest win streak in our game in 30 years sure has got you feeling froggy, doesn't it?

No worries, it ends next year, Florida returns to its normal spot on top of the rivalry.

Little lizard, let me remind you:

Uga leads series 52-43-2
Uga has won 5 of the last 8
Uga has won 2 in a row (largest is 7)
Uga will win the next 10

Uga leads series 52-43-2
Uga will win the next 10

The fact that you are here trying to convince Florida fans that Mullen isn't going to cut it speaks VOLUMES about how scared you are that he will.

I'm not on the Georgia board talking smack to you guys about the NC win cause.....we're not worried about Georgia.

You wouldn't be here if you weren't worried about Florida.

Not to mention no one even said anything about the roster lacking in talent. We’re just replacing a lot of players and experience. We’ll upgrade the talent level in some spots but they’re still gonna be a learning curve. Arguably our most talented team ever in 2007 lost 4 games because they were so inexperienced. But somehow this team is losing a bunch of players on a team that lacked depth to begin with and it doesn’t matter because he can list a bunch of guys on a pretend depth chart, many of which haven’t done a thing at UF. Seems legit.

I'm convinced we are still 2 full recruiting cycles out from title-expecations. We need 2 more full classes with 16-17 blue chippers.

Reactions: GatorNation79
The fact that you are here trying to convince Florida fans that Mullen isn't going to cut it speaks VOLUMES about how scared you are that he will.

I'm not on the Georgia board talking smack to you guys about the NC win cause.....we're not worried about Georgia.

You wouldn't be here if you weren't worried about Florida.

You sir are a joke! Why are you here? You have been run off of so many message boards. Don’t forget I know who you are!

Georgia doesn’t have a free board or you would be all over it!

Most Georgia fans are a cross between aubarn and Ole Miss fans. Always think they have the youngest team, always think they are going to get better every year and the other teams won't, always blaming the refs when they lose.

I'm convinced we are still 2 full recruiting cycles out from title-expecations. We need 2 more full classes with 16-17 blue chippers.

Agree 100%. Next year I bet we improve overall but the win-loss record will be around the same. We’re losing a lot and have what looks on paper to be a brutal schedule. Might have a first time starter at QB too. I’m looking at year 3 before we take any kind of a leap.

Agree 100%. Next year I bet we improve overall but the win-loss record will be around the same. We’re losing a lot and have what looks on paper to be a brutal schedule. Might have a first time starter at QB too. I’m looking at year 3 before we take any kind of a leap.
Agreed. Although I’d argue we have already made 1 leap for how we are ahead of plan as of right now. We will have at worst case 8 wins this year which is a +4 from last year. Pretty darn good IMO.

How I see it also. Just hoping we go ahead and prepare the new QB for that 3rd season.

Uga leads series 52-43-2
Uga will win the next 10

Oh sweetie, you have been barely better than us in a down cycle. It's so CUTE that you think it means anything. No, that's fixed now. I know you lead the series by EIGHT (you have 51 wins in the series, as any semi-intelligent person knows), and it was 24 not that long ago. This little mini run has only delayed the inevitable overtaking and dominance of the overall series record by the Gators. I know you don't think that will happen, but guess what? Tennessee didn't think it would happen either, yet here we are.

As for you winning the next 10, you are off by about, oh, 8. See, that's the norm for the series. We win 7-8 out of ten. Oh, not back in the 1920's, but for the real football era.

I know what you are thinking, that ooh, you had a good recruiting class, that's going to make the difference. But Florida beats Ugaly even in years you have better talent. That's part of what makes our dominating you so delicious.

It's ok, you can keep making with the loud talk. But we all know, that's what people do when they are scared but are trying to hide it.

Last edited:
Reactions: instaGATOR
How I see it also. Just hoping we go ahead and prepare the new QB for that 3rd season.

I don't agree. Year 2 of being coached up by Mullen and staff is going to reap dividends with the young guys. He's going to win 9-10 games this year with a team still covered in Mac stank. Next year everybody will hit the ground running, and there will be guys buried on the depth chart right now that will make surprising improvements in year 2. I'm very optimistic about next year.

Agreed. Although I’d argue we have already made 1 leap for how we are ahead of plan as of right now. We will have at worst case 8 wins this year which is a +4 from last year. Pretty darn good IMO.

At this point 8 would be very disappointing.

We need to beat FSU this year more than any other non-championship year. And not just a win. A beat down. The noise in the system will be very low there if they win. It'll be "bad year but we beat UF". But let us put a number on them, and the noise will be thunderous. Recruits will be very afraid that Tags won't be there all three years, and instability chases recruits away faster than most anything else. We could not only steal a couple from their class this year, but change the attitude of the next several High School classes in Florida as well. By the time they get rid of Taggart, Mullen could reign supreme in the state. Let us start picking and choosing the elite Florida talent and we will be jumping up to Bama level.

I don't agree. Year 2 of being coached up by Mullen and staff is going to reap dividends with the young guys. He's going to win 9-10 games this year with a team still covered in Mac stank. Next year everybody will hit the ground running, and there will be guys buried on the depth chart right now that will make surprising improvements in year 2. I'm very optimistic about next year.

The winning in spite of him wasn't as great this year as with some other QBs before him but what has improved a lot is our running game not the passing game. Franks is just not a good QB and limits what you can do on offense. If we lost that SC game even by one point everyone would be calling for his head. I think we need to move on to the QB that actually fits what Mullen wants to do and hope he becomes a good one.

Prob good enough for 3rd/4th in the East....

While the Gators have had 3 NC's since the UGly buttniffers last had one... :cool:

PS

Pitiful little attention beggar, kinda sad really, but here ya go,,, yet again.
Here to foul up yet another thread with his always village idiot smelly crap.
BothTotally Clueless and Boring is any ugly combination.

Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised drunk loser that he is... :confused:

There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

The winning in spite of him wasn't as great this year as with some other QBs before him but what has improved a lot is our running game not the passing game. Franks is just not a good QB and limits what you can do on offense. If we lost that SC game even by one point everyone would be calling for his head. I think we need to move on to the QB that actually fits what Mullen wants to do and hope he becomes a good one.

Well, yeah, Jones or a freshman will be our QB next year. After Idaho, I'm hoping Jones basically takes the reins. That's part of the excitement.

While the Gators have had 3 NC's since the UGly buttniffers last had one... :cool:

PS

Pitiful little attention beggar, kinda sad really, but here ya go,,, yet again.
Here to foul up yet another thread with his always village idiot smelly crap.
BothTotally Clueless and Boring is any ugly combination.

Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised drunk loser that he is... :confused:

There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

You're such an obsessed old homo.

Are you personally massaging Kyle Trasks foot?

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT