ADVERTISEMENT

The SEC "ARMS" Race

Should be a fun year. We’ve got the arms. Just need the young guys to come through to give the lineup some depth. Our frontline hitters are as good as anyone.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
What is The Process to Win The TOUGHEST NATTIE in College Sports - The CWS ?

2022 NCAA Division I baseball tournament​

The 64 participating NCAA Division I college baseball teams were selected out of an eligible 300 teams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_NCAA_Division_I_baseball_tournament

The most level playing field in College Sports. If you have 2 great arms & the ability to play "Small Ball" you can win it all !

How many SEC Teams will Host a Regional ?

Perhaps we should rename it - The SEC - CWS

Starting field of 64 teams; comprised of the
30 Division I conference champions who receive automatic berths and followed by the 34 at-large selections.

Of these 64 teams, eight are given National Seeds & Host a Regional Tournament on their Home Field.

REGIONALS

Regionals are held in 16 national locations and consists of four teams at each location seeded one through four. The 16 locations are determined through merit.

Nice new Baseball Stadiums, Parking, & Rankings also figure into hosting a regional.

Merit meaning how much money the NCAA can make from the specific locale. But most number one seeds will host a Regional.

Each regional field features four teams, playing in a double-elimination format. All 16 regionals are scheduled for the same TWO STARTING DATES - ending date - it depends !

SUPER REGIONALS
The winner of each Regional will move on to the Super Regionals.

Any of the eight National Seeds who advance from Regionals, will host Super Regionals at their home site.

The 16 surviving teams then play a best-of-three series at eight sites for a berth in the College World Series in Omaha, Nebraska.

HUGE NOTE -
National Seeds cannot face each other at the Super Regional level !

All those games you play in the regular season & at Conference Championships - They Count - A Whole Lot !

Where you play matters as much as who you play.

CWS
Eight teams advance from the Super Regionals and meet, in Omaha, to play in the CWS.

The CWS imitates the insanity of the earlier rounds. It consists of two double-elimination brackets of four teams each.

The winners of each bracket meet in a best-of-three final. The winner of the final series has successfully navigated this beast and is crowned National Champion.

Simple !

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/ncaa/understanding-road-omaha-cws-breakdown

Last edited:
College basketball natty isn’t so easy to win either. Pretty sure there are over 300 D1 college basketball programs too isnt there?

Reactions: Gator Fever
College basketball natty isn’t so easy to win either. Pretty sure there are over 300 D1 college basketball programs too isnt there?
My opinion is that it's tougher to win a title in baseball than in basketball because the number of players required to perform at a high level for a baseball team to achieve that level of success is significantly higher than in basketball. There are 301 D1 baseball programs, 350 d1 basketball programs, from the latest info. I could find. Basketball teams can have 15 players on their roster, 13 can suit up for games. Baseball teams can have up to 40 players on the roster, expanded from 32 during COVID. Not sure how long that will remain. But for a baseball teams to excel, you've got to have several pitchers who are really good (at least 3 quality starters and 3-4 relief guys who can be relied upon) as well as 8 position starters and a few bench guys who come through in various ways on a regular basis. Basketball teams need 2-3 excellent players and 4-5 really good support players to win and I just think it's easier to put together a winning basketball program than baseball just due to the number of positions and participants who have to work together at a high level to win.

Man, sadgator hates baseball…

I_07b5e4_300424.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT