ADVERTISEMENT

The play calling was awesome...

Play calling has been pretty good all year. We just need a QB that fits his system. He’s done an incredible job with Franks but no matter what Franks is still limited on what he can do and he certainly isn’t a good fit for a Dan Mullen offense.

I will give Mullen credit he has kept the Driskeling crap at a minimum with Franks who just doesn't have it at QB. I do think if we were to get upset in one of these next 2 games he might want to start giving Jones a lot more playing time. Not sure if he will being this late in the season however.

We’ll be in every game with Mullen...

Been waiting almost a decade for him to come home. Thank goodness we got him.

Yep, execution was the problem. Without the mistakes by Florida, the Gators win by 10-14 points yesterday.

Georgia got outcoached, but the mistakes killed Florida. Those will get cleaned up in time. Kirby was coaching scared in the first half, as he tends to do in a tight game.

Georgia got outcoached...
Honestly, not so sure about that. Mullen’s switch to Emory at the end of the first half was a massive blunder. If Franks is in, we make that pitch and keep that drive going. Huge point in the game.

That said, the play calling itself was outstanding, and yes, poorexecution was the reason we got beat.

Franks hadn’t cost us a game all year...until yesterday...and it wasn’t all him...we have no secondary left.

Last edited:
My question is why would the commentators say that defenses has to be careful if Franks pulls the ball!!! He is the slowest QB in the NCAA, he has no speed whatsoever and it’s my opinion the Coaches need to work with him in the offseason at the stadium bleachers and hop the steps. If he expects to ever get fast this is how you do it!!! It builds muscles you never thought u ever had. If he has no quickness what good is he on any type of option play.

Honestly, not so sure about that. Mullen’s switch to Emory at the end of the first half was a massive blunder. If Franks is in, we make that pitch and keep that drive going. Huge point in the game.

That said, the play calling itself was outstanding, and yes, poorexecution was the reason we got beat.

Franks hadn’t cost us a game all year...until yesterday...and it wasn’t all him...we have no secondary left.

Asking a freshman QB to go in cold and run an option and pitch the ball was a dumb call, I'll grant you that.

I would have just had Franks or Perine dive forward and pick up that yard, that said, even in hindsight I don’t have a problem with the call. They were starting to crash their ends to take away the give to the back and the option was wide open. The defensive player just made a good play. We get that pitch off and the entire right sideline was wide open. We got the look we expected and had the call to beat it.

Probably should have left Emory in. Franks had the best throw of the day but Emory’s toss was #2, maybe even #1 when you consider he hadn’t thrown a ball all year. Dime right on the money. The fact that one pass could be considered the best ball all day is pathetic exactly because it’s the only pass he threw. Franks was that bad yesterday.

I would have just had Franks or Perine dive forward and pick up that yard, that said, even in hindsight I don’t have a problem with the call. They were starting to crash their ends to take away the give to the back and the option was wide open. The defensive player just made a good play. We get that pitch off and the entire right sideline was wide open. We got the look we expected and had the call to beat it.

Probably should have left Emory in. Franks had the best throw of the day but Emory’s toss was #2, maybe even #1 when you consider he hadn’t thrown a ball all year. Dime right on the money. The fact that one pass could be considered the best ball all day is pathetic exactly because it’s the only pass he threw. Franks was that bad yesterday.
Franks pretty much lost the game for us....Emory has a nice arm and put that ball on the money. I think he'll be the starter before the end of the season...he's coming into the game and getting snaps for a reason....we know it, Mullen knows it and it's going to happen.

Franks is a big dude. He’s pretty damn good on that short draw play. sadgator is comfortable with Franks for the most part. He’s grown up a lot this year...one game with some mistakes shouldn’t define his season, and it won’t.

Except he has had two. It's just that the other one was against Vandy and fortunately for us, Vandy Vandied.

It's not Franks fault they lost. :oops:
He played hard, and all the way up to his limited 50/50 ability. o_O
That's on Dan and Brian.
They're the one's that put him out there, (or someone told them too). :cool:

Marco goes down and they lose to kensucky.
C.J. goes down and they lose to UGly.
Do-Do Occurs... :rolleyes:

The defense played to many plays, because the offense couldn't sustain drives, + 3 T-O's.
The rest is largely on Stewart and Edwards, who did not play,,, because... :mad:

Edit -- And why didn't they put Moon in to sit on the freakin' UGly TE??? :confused:
==========

Emory can play in 4 games and still redshirt, he's played in 2 now.
Give him the entire Idaho game and the full week of practice before it.
Then save him for emergencies and for some use in the bowl game.

Next season you have both Emory rsFr and Jalon Fr to compete for the 'future' job.

Trask has shown by his very poor showings in all the games this year that he is a total waste of a ship, so his ship should be pulled and given to someone deserving of it.... :cool:

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
It's not Franks fault they lost. :oops:
He played hard, and all the way up to his limited 50/50 ability. o_O
That's on Dan and Brian.
They're the one's that put him out there, (or someone told them too). :cool:

Marco goes down and they lose to kensucky.
C.J. goes down and they lose to UGly.
Do-Do Occurs... :rolleyes:

The defense played to many plays, because the offense couldn't sustain drives, + 3 T-O's.
The rest is largely on Stewart and Edwards, who did not play,,, because... :mad:

Edit -- And why didn't they put Moon in to sit on the freakin' UGly TE??? :confused:
==========

Emory can play in 4 games and still redshirt, he's played in 2 now.
Give him the entire Idaho game and the full week of practice before it.
Then save him for emergencies and for some use in the bowl game.

Next season you have both Emory rsFr and Jalon Fr to compete for the 'future' job.

Trask has shown by his very poor showings in all the games this year that he is a total waste of a ship, so his ship should be pulled and given to someone deserving of it.... :cool:

Strategically I don't like the 100% switch to Jones yet. If you push Franks out - he (and potentially Trask) both transfer in the off season.

I don't think next year you want your 2nd and 3rd QBs being true freshmen.

If Jones is the future, let him earn it next spring while we can still keep at least one more veteran guy as Jones' backup.

Strategically I don't like the 100% switch to Jones yet. If you push Franks out - he (and potentially Trask) both transfer in the off season.

I don't think next year you want your 2nd and 3rd QBs being true freshmen.

If Jones is the future, let him earn it next spring while we can still keep at least one more veteran guy as Jones' backup.

Roster Listing:
1. Franks
2. Trask
3. Jones

So they play #3 instead of a 6-5 240 #2 in the game.
The real #2 then is actually Jones, not Trask.
Therefore, it's fine to have another tFr (Jalon Jones) as the backup to the 'experienced Idaho starter' Emory Jones rsfr. (UGly and UA seem okay with doing that...) o_O

If Franks and Trask bail out, you already have another QB-dt on the roster in Toney, a Jr.
You also have - QB-dt Jaylin Jackson Fr that is red-shirting. (Ath- QB/CB/KR)

Except he has had two. It's just that the other one was against Vandy and fortunately for us, Vandy Vandied.

He has exceeding my expectations for him but they were really low.

Imo he looked pretty bad against Georgia the whole game, KY the 2nd half (tried to give them the ball 2 more times but they didn't want to take it) and the 1st half against Vandy. We may have been swing pass U a few games but Mullen is probably getting the most out of him that is possible.

This kind of reminds me of the 2012 season some with Driskel before he went crazy Driskeling more on that little time he played in 2013 and his play in 2014.

We are worse on defense and a little better overall on offense but we are finding ways to win usually besides the QB play.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT