They said no to

Open Borders
Gun Control
Leftist SCOTUS
Bad Trade Deals
Globalism

The establishment has been crushed
The MSM has been exposed and discredited

On a personal note, it is very nice to wake up knowing that the next POTUS will not be actively trying to put me out of business!

And they have rejected Obama-ism, Bush-ism, and Clinton-ism

They said no to

Open Borders
Gun Control
Leftist SCOTUS
Bad Trade Deals
Globalism

The establishment has been crushed
The MSM has been exposed and discredited

On a personal note, it is very nice to wake up knowing that the next POTUS will not be actively trying to put me out of business!

I think they said no to the status quo. Individual issues weren't the major factor.

Congratulations...you just elected a reality tv show star into the whitehouse. As a democrat, sadgator will say there were a vast many more qualified conservative folks that sadgator could have easily been content with leading the country. Not sure what this country is going to look like four years from now, but it is a real scary time to be an American citizen.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
Congratulations...you just elected a reality tv show star into the whitehouse. As a democrat, sadgator will say there were a vast many more qualified conservative folks that sadgator could have easily been content with leading the country. Not sure what this country is going to look like four years from now, but it is a real scary time to be an American citizen.

Yet, I am a conservative and you are a liberal, and we are BOTH seemingly good people.

How is that possible?

Those qualified people were weak, political robots. People wanted a REAL change. That we got. It is scary. We should all hope he can be successful.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
If he accomplishes this one thing and this one thing only, I will be happy:
Move the conversation forward (drastically forward) on term limits. We MUST get rid of the ruling class if this country is to survive.

Everything else will be gravy - very good gravy, but gravy nonetheless.

Last edited:
Reactions: dc1gator
If he accomplishes this one thing and this one thong only, I will be happy:
Move the conversation (drastically forward) on term limits. We MUST get rid of the ruling class if this country is to survive.

Everything else will be gravy - very good gravy, but gravy nonetheless.

I think that every elected office in the country should have a 2 term limit. PERIOD.

ANY ELECTED OFFICE.

I think that every elected office in the country should have a 2 term limit. PERIOD.

ANY ELECTED OFFICE.

Term limits would make things worse without other reforms to the system....the bureaucrats, lobbyists and regulators already have too much power as it is, and would have even more under term limits.

ANY ELECTED OFFICE.

Today's conservatives/libertarians and classic liberals have a lot in common, and both are opposed to leftism.

And you're content with the trillions in debt the last 8 years left us with? Maybe the next 4 years will put a dent into that, at least it won't double.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
I'm guessing Sad is more of a liberal than a leftist....TBH, the Dem party has left liberalism far behind and gone full leftist.
sadgator is not sure he understands the difference.

Mainly sadgator is fairly liberal on most social issues, although even sadgator would agree that we went uber-pc under Obama.

sadgator has no problem with moderate conservatives in control...that is the ebb and flow of life
and politics...

But there are some real legitimate concerns about Trump's temperament and persona leading the country. His platform, at least during the campaign, was built on a tremendous amount of negative rhetoric. It is hard to envision and accept the face of our country carrying forward in the same manner while in office. sadgator just thinks the office deserves a more of a comforting statesman then the guy who coined "you're fired." Hopefully, for the good of us all, he will recognize the enormous responsibility he has been handed and adopt a more "presidential" demeanor in office.

That being said, sadgator really wishes Ryan would have run...sadgator would have slept much better with that guy in control.

sadgator is not sure he understands the difference.

Mainly sadgator is fairly liberal on most social issues, although even sadgator would agree that we went uber-pc under Obama.

sadgator has no problem with moderate conservatives in control...that is the ebb and flow of life
and politics...

But there are some real legitimate concerns about Trump's temperament and persona leading the country. His platform, at least during the campaign, was built on a tremendous amount of negative rhetoric. It is hard to envision and accept the face of our country carrying forward in the same manner while in office. sadgator just thinks the office deserves a more of a comforting statesman then the guy who coined "you're fired." Hopefully, for the good of us all, he will recognize the enormous responsibility he has been handed and adopt a more "presidential" demeanor in office.

That being said, sadgator really wishes Ryan would have run...sadgator would have slept much better with that guy in control.

Mehh.....break out of the mainstream media narrative. Go on youtube and watch some of his recent speeches in their entirety....you'll feel better.

How is he an idiot?
Because he thinks a guy that barely beat (and lost the popular vote) the most flawed candidate the Dems could nominate means there was some sort of mandate. and because he believes Trump will accomplish his major campaign promises. I have news for you:

There will be no wall built
There will be no mass deportations of illegals
Terrorists will still enter the country
Your taxes won't go down.
HIlary won't go to jail
Obamacare won't be repealed.
NAFTA won't be repealed
MAnd factoring jobs aren't coming back

And if you think Obama liked executive orders, wait till Trump takes over.

Last edited:
Reactions: pittman3j
And you're content with the trillions in debt the last 8 years left us with? Maybe the next 4 years will put a dent into that, at least it won't double.
Just FYI, Trump's campaign promises would add more to the debt than Hillary's based on on independent analysis .

Because he thinks a guy that barely beat (and lost the popular vote) the most flawed candidate the Dems could nominate means there was some sort of mandate. and because he believes Trump will accomplish his major campaign promises. I have news for you:

There will be no wall built
There will be no mass deportations of illegals
Terrorists will still enter the country
Your taxes won't go down.
HIlary won't go to jail
Obamacare won't be repealed.
NAFTA won't be repealed
MAnd factoring jobs aren't coming back

And if you think Obama liked executive orders, wait till Trump takes over.
Maybe, but at least Scalia will be replaced by another Scalia.

Maybe, but at least Scalia will be replaced by another Scalia.
Fair enough reason. As long as people aren't buying into all of that other nonsense that he spouted off to buy votes from the uneducated. And I think DJE will be disappointed with how autocratic he becomes once he takes office. The man does not have a history of listening to others.

SCOTUS is the most important single issue in my view.
Trump was not my first choice, but Hillary had to be relegated to the ash heap of history.

Read somewhere that the next POTUS would be responsible for up to 104 Federal court appointments.

Least surprising election result ever. For the record, didn't vote for either, because it was already a done deal- That being said...

Just about everyone in this country is dissatisfied with our leaders- F$%#ing pissed, really, and justifiably so- and therefore ready to throw a brick through the window of 'The Government' at large, and for good reason... Trump is a brick. Hillary was a 'window."

So when her own party chose the status-quo 'window' over the 'brick' well math goes out the window. Bernie Sanders was the Dem brick.

The DNC's active campaign to subvert Bernie and anoint HRC between super-delegates and what we've seen from the leaked emails was their undoing... Plus she is incredibly unlikable, full of crap, and beholden to wall street and special interests.. She's the 'window' after all! That circus clown was at least authentic and pissed EVERYONE off, including a ton of people in his own party.. A cinder-block through the window really.

I'm 10000% sure Bernie would have wiped the floor with Trump or anyone else from the GOP from enthusiasm alone, just like Trump wiped the floor with all of the other 'windows' in his party for very similar reasons.

Not a bit surprised.

Least surprising election result ever. For the record, didn't vote for either, because it was already a done deal- That being said...

Just about everyone in this country is dissatisfied with our leaders- F$%#ing pissed, really, and justifiably so- and therefore ready to throw a brick through the window of 'The Government' at large, and for good reason... Trump is a brick. Hillary was a 'window."

So when her own party chose the status-quo 'window' over the 'brick' well math goes out the window. Bernie Sanders was the Dem brick.

The DNC's active campaign to subvert Bernie and anoint HRC between super-delegates and what we've seen from the leaked emails was their undoing... Plus she is incredibly unlikable, full of crap, and beholden to wall street and special interests.. She's the 'window' after all! That circus clown was at least authentic and pissed EVERYONE off, including a ton of people in his own party.. A cinder-block through the window really.

I'm 10000% sure Bernie would have wiped the floor with Trump or anyone else from the GOP from enthusiasm alone, just like Trump wiped the floor with all of the other 'windows' in his party for very similar reasons.

Not a bit surprised.
The Bernie folks are actually largely reaponsible for what happened. If they had gotten behind her like they should have, she would have won. Instead, they publicly ripped her apart for months (thereby making her vulnerable) on behalf of a dude who had no prayer of ever getting elected (Bernie).

Hope the Bernie folks are satisfied with the result they got...they played a HUGE role in it.

...and then of course there is the only real trump perk...

36E14FDB00000578-3724138-image-a-4_1470341335657.jpg

Not a bit surprised.

You didn't vote because it was already a done deal?

What a GD cornball douchebag. There is so much wrong with that statement. First of all, judging by your name, no one should listen to anything you have to say about politics and government. That being said, it was not a DONE DEAL by any stretch of the imagination, that's just bullshit.

Another thing is that voting is not just about POTUS. There are local races and ballot initiatives in every municipality. You're a flocking fool not to realize that the most important votes are for things that affect you locally.

I guess if you've never voted, you don't realize there are lots of things to vote for other than POTUS>...but by all means, keep bitching but not voting.

You didn't vote because it was already a done deal?

What a GD cornball douchebag. There is so much wrong with that statement. First of all, judging by your name, no one should listen to anything you have to say about politics and government. That being said, it was not a DONE DEAL by any stretch of the imagination, that's just bullshit.

Another thing is that voting is not just about POTUS. There are local races and ballot initiatives in every municipality. You're a flocking fool not to realize that the most important votes are for things that affect you locally.

I guess if you've never voted, you don't realize there are lots of things to vote for other than POTUS>...but by all means, keep bitching but not voting.

He would have posted the exact same post no matter who won.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT