ADVERTISEMENT

The one thing I like about Desantis the most

DCandtheUTBand

Gator Great
Sep 5, 2001
He is proactive. If he sees the direction libtards are moving he moves to block. Most pubs are purely reactive and often move too late. The RINOs usually say "oh we dont need and amendment there will never be gay marriage DOMA is all we need" "oh come on no one seriously thinks that boys will be going into girls showers, bathrooms or playing in their sports" Pubs/cons need to go on offense and get legislation passed to block libtard laws/rule before they happen. Otherwise we are the proverbial frog being slowly boiled in a pot. So this is NOT a problem in Fla. and Desantis is proactively making sure that if it arrives it is crushed swiftly.

He is proactive. If he sees the direction libtards are moving he moves to block. Most pubs are purely reactive and often move too late. The RINOs usually say "oh we dont need and amendment there will never be gay marriage DOMA is all we need" "oh come on no one seriously thinks that boys will be going into girls showers, bathrooms or playing in their sports" Pubs/cons need to go on offense and get legislation passed to block libtard laws/rule before they happen. Otherwise we are the proverbial frog being slowly boiled in a pot. So this is NOT a problem in Fla. and Desantis is proactively making sure that if it arrives it is crushed swiftly.

Im fine with this. Along with laws against men playing women’s sports.

I say let the local municipalities do whatever they want and then abide by the consequences.
If the City of Ft Lauderdale wants to abolish the police force...let them do it. No help from the state unless they pay for the National Guard. No immunity from lawsuits either. When tourism dries up and wealthy tax payers bolt for safer pastures in nearby communities they'll get the message.
Ultimately we have to hold voters accountable for their decisions. If they want woke leftism...give it to them.

I think you mean he’s a principled conservative.

Ever notice how McConnell is a pit bull in the minority and a basset hound when he has power? He’s not about to kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

Democrats don’t have this problem because their platform is gov’t growth and ever increasing regulations/taxes.

DeSantis could very well beat Trump in 2024 if both decide to run.

Trump and DeSantis are very similar in their policies and how they don't take shit from the dems and media.

The difference is Trump starts shit to get the dems and media to move where he wants them to go. I think it's an insanely effective tactic, but it also offends the 'Oh i wish he'd stop with the mean tweets!' hand-wringers.

That group would love DeSantis.

If Trump decides to run in 2024, ideally DeSantis would run as his VP. Or if Trump doesn't run, DeSantis does, and Trump endorses him.

Either would be preferable to Trump and DeSantis facing off. But I think DeSantis needs to be on the ticket, either as Pres or VP.

Reactions: BCSpell

Trump and DeSantis are very similar in their policies and how they don't take shit from the dems and media.

The difference is Trump starts shit to get the dems and media to move where he wants them to go. I think it's an insanely effective tactic, but it also offends the 'Oh i wish he'd stop with the mean tweets!' hand-wringers.

If Trump decides to run in 2024, ideally DeSantis would run as his VP. Or if Trump doesn't run, DeSantis does, and Trump endorses him.

Either would be preferable to Trump and DeSantis facing off. But I think DeSantis needs to be on the ticket, either as Pres or VP.

Zero chance of that and DeSantis wouldn't even try it. Anyone would be demolished in the primaries by Trump.

Zero chance of that and DeSantis wouldn't even try it. Anyone would be demolished in the primaries by Trump.
Primaries are in 2024, not 2021.

I hope it doesn't happen as it would split a lot of Trump supporters. But it WOULD split them. If DeSantis wanted to run against Trump, Trump would NOT get all the votes from everyone that voted for him in 2020.

DeSantis would get some. Not sure it would be enough to win, and again, I don't think they should run against each other.

IMO the best option is, if Trump is still healthy and wants to, he should run in 2024, with DeSantis as his VP. Then DeSantis takes over in 2028.

IMO that would be the best option for everyone. But if Trump decides not to run and endorses DeSantis, he will be a lock for the R nomination.

Course the dems will just steal the election again unless we do something.

Primaries are in 2024, not 2021.

I hope it doesn't happen as it would split a lot of Trump supporters. But it WOULD split them. If DeSantis wanted to run against Trump, Trump would NOT get all the votes from everyone that voted for him in 2020.

DeSantis would get some. Not sure it would be enough to win, and again, I don't think they should run against each other.

IMO the best option is, if Trump is still healthy and wants to, he should run in 2024, with DeSantis as his VP. Then DeSantis takes over in 2028.

IMO that would be the best option for everyone. But if Trump decides not to run and endorses DeSantis, he will be a lock for the R nomination.

Course the dems will just steal the election again unless we do something.

I know a bunch here in my part of FL and even though they love DeSantis (who Trump got him elected) as Governor they would never vote for him over Trump. Maybe a few of the rich northerner transplants would but that is mostly it imo.

Maybe somewhere like Wisconsin DeSantis might play just a little better.

Can DeSantis run as his VP being they are both FL residents? Not sure the specifics on that in the Constitution.

I think Trump ends up supporting DeSantis if he doesn't run though he may not endorse at first if others he likes are in there.

Yep this fraud has to be stopped because they will just steal every swing state that has a Dem friendly or Trump hating SoS if we don't. There was a reason they didn't pull their mess in FL in 2020 as they knew it would likely be exposed here with the SoS.

I know a bunch here in my part of FL and even though they love DeSantis (who Trump got him elected) as Governor they would never vote for him over Trump. Maybe a few of the rich northerner transplants would but that is mostly it imo.

Maybe somewhere like Wisconsin DeSantis might play just a little better.

Can DeSantis run as his VP being they are both FL residents? Not sure the specifics on that in the Constitution.

I think Trump ends up supporting DeSantis if he doesn't run though he may not endorse at first if others he likes are in there.

Yep this fraud has to be stopped because they will just steal every swing state that has a Dem friendly or Trump hating SoS if we don't. There was a reason they didn't pull their mess in FL in 2020 as they knew it would likely be exposed here with the SoS.
Pres Trump will pretty much be out of the public eye for the next 3 years. Support for him will wane a bit, it's just human nature.

At the same time, DeSantis will likely keep making smart moves, and support for him will grow. If they ran against each other, DeSantis would pull some support from Trump.

I don't think it would be much, and I don't think DeSantis would win if they ran against each other. But it's entirely possible, based moreso on what DeSantis does over the next 3 years.

But again, I think the best alternative by far today in 2021, is a Trump/DeSantis ticket in 2024.

Pres Trump will pretty much be out of the public eye for the next 3 years. Support for him will wane a bit, it's just human nature.

At the same time, DeSantis will likely keep making smart moves, and support for him will grow. If they ran against each other, DeSantis would pull some support from Trump.

I don't think it would be much, and I don't think DeSantis would win if they ran against each other. But it's entirely possible, based moreso on what DeSantis does over the next 3 years.

But again, I think the best alternative by far today in 2021, is a Trump/DeSantis ticket in 2024.
If Trump decides to run in 24, I doubt DeSantis will bother to run. He was Trump's wingman as a governor, it's bad optics to run against your mentor. I'm sure there will be a pow wow in Mara Laga about the VP slot promises to stay on the sidelines. DeSantis is young for a Presidential candidate, being VP would rocket his chances down the road.

He's far better at telling it like it is than DJT, quite frankly.
Face it, in '24 DJT will be too old. Like the Vegetable in Chief is now.

Not if he starts taking this ....

wiselifenaturals-neuroguard-organic-nootropic-brain-supplement-pre-workout-stimulant-focus-supplement-brain-boost-memory-supplement-for-brain-mood-boost-memory-pills-best-anti-anxiety-supplements-60ct__58408.1614311362.jpg

If Trump decides to run in 24, I doubt DeSantis will bother to run. He was Trump's wingman as a governor, it's bad optics to run against your mentor. I'm sure there will be a pow wow in Mara Laga about the VP slot promises to stay on the sidelines. DeSantis is young for a Presidential candidate, being VP would rocket his chances down the road.

Color me selfish but I want to keep Desantis as my Governor for at least 6 more years.

I'm usually pretty much in lockstep with you, but we differ here.

I think there are a crapload of people that say out loud "I wish he'd stop with the tweeting" but in their heads they absolutely love it when he drops the gloves and goes blue.

Trump won because he fought. But sometimes when you stand up for yourself to anything/anyone you're going to go too far, as he often did, but that fighting attitude is something most conservatives haven't seen in decades.

Trump owns the Republican party right now. DeSantis is next, not now IMO.

Now, Trump cost himself money and worked his ass off as president (and put his family through hell). Does he back DeSantis and campaign for him so he can stay in the private sector? That's his call.

And you weren't a fan of the 'mean tweets' as I recall. I knew DeSantis would resonate with that group.
Maybe.

@goldmom - hypothetically in 2024 you have a choice between another 4 years of Biden or Trump back in the WH.

Do you:
Stay at home because of the tweeting?
or
Vote Biden out/Trump in?
or
Vote for Biden because the tweets are so terrible?

I guess my point is we overlook things when the choice is binary. Trump got 75MM votes despite Twitter.

I’d vote for that ticket twice.

That is, if I voted like a democrat.

Maybe.

@goldmom - hypothetically in 2024 you have a choice between another 4 years of Biden or Trump back in the WH.

Do you:
Stay at home because of the tweeting?
or
Vote Biden out/Trump in?
or
Vote for Biden because the tweets are so terrible?

I guess my point is we overlook things when the choice is binary. Trump got 75MM votes despite Twitter.
I'm not talking about Hiden vs Trump, I'm talking Trump vs DeSantis.

I think the hand-wringers over the 'mean tweets' would probably vote for DeSantis over Trump.

To be fair, I don't think there's enough of them to give it to DeSantis in that hypothetical.

And again, we are talking 3 years from now, not today.

Trump owns the Republican party right now. DeSantis is next, not now IMO.
Again, primaries are in 3 years, not today.

Trump will be out of the public eye, for the most part. DeSantis will not. And if he keeps kicking ass, lefty media will unwittingly give him a lot more exposure.

But again, I don't think they will run against each other. If they did, I do think it will be closer than a lot of diehard Trump guys think it will be.

Still think Trump would win. But who knows 3 years is a lifetime in politics.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
He's far better at telling it like it is than DJT, quite frankly.
Face it, in '24 DJT will be too old. Like the Vegetable in Chief is now.

He may be alright then. Its hard to say but Biden literally has early alzheimers. I am surprised they haven't forced him to step down yet. Maybe wanting this rioting and border stuff to be past its worse before letting her take over.

He may be alright then. Its hard to say but Biden literally has early alzheimers. I am surprised they haven't forced him to step down yet. Maybe wanting this rioting and border stuff to be past its worse before letting her take over.
The rioting and border stuff Hiden is encouraging?

Probably More than you think.

But I’ll have to re-evaluate. if Im on the same side as Ghost. I’m probably overlooking something.
😂😂😂

I concur we probably agree on a lot. However, taking digs at each other has been a lot of fun.

You will need to circle back on agreeing with ghost as your feud with him has been pretty damn entertaining.

Reactions: BSC911
No, they are waiting for 2 years, so they can have her for a total of 10 years.

Yep they are always scheming in the background. Maybe want the worst under his watch since she will be the 24 dem nominee as the media will make sure of that.
DEMS aren't as dim as most think. In plain sight, they have already started the demise of the Repubs, who seem content to sit back and let it happen. It started with Obama (look at all the leftist judges he appointed) and the Biden Admin is moving full stem ahead. 1. Notice they do not call the border crisis a crisis. Why? They wanted this to happen. They are now talking about amnesty/citizenship for all the illegals here and the ones the children can bring as part of chain migration as part of the "infrastructure" bill = millions of new democrat voters. 2. Talk about ending the filibuster, which would help the push for statehood for DC and Puerto Rico = more democrat Senators and House members. 3. The Biden Commission on the Supreme Court and now the House pushing legistation to to pack the SC = no legal challenges for anything they want to do/or SC approval of everything.

You have to be proactive to stay ahead of evil.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT