ADVERTISEMENT

The liberal way…cashless bail

According to Newsday, Nassau County police said the four may have ties to a South American thievery ring.

Good to see we are getting their best and brightest

• Angry
Reactions: NavigatorII
Again, and again, and again, Illegal Immigration is our #1 issue and Mayorkas should be impeached. And I do not proffer things like this lightly.

I don’t know if it’s our #1 issue, but I agree that Democrats needlessly alienate people by ignoring (or actively undermining) their concerns about illegal immigration.

I don’t know if it’s our #1 issue, but I agree that Democrats needlessly alienate people by ignoring (or actively undermining) their concerns about illegal immigration.
Ya think? 😌

ReRe, there is a unified (and uniformed) bunch of effing idiots who cheer this bullshit on. It's time to pick a side, and the side you've been leaning on ain't a good look brah.

Ya think? 😌

ReRe, there is a unified (and uniformed) bunch of effing idiots who cheer this bullshit on. It's time to pick a side, and the side you've been leaning on ain't a good look brah.
Key policy stands for me:

1. Fix illegal immigration/build a wall (or whatever)
2. Fund the policy
3. Sane fiscal policy
4. Break up monopolies/promote competition
5. Teach history - even if uncomfortable; stop

Key policy stands for me:

1. Fix illegal immigration/build a wall (or whatever)
2. Fund the policy
3. Sane fiscal policy
4. Break up monopolies/promote competition
5. Teach history - even if uncomfortable; stop
They have done this for 200 years. What will NOT stand for is the lefts attempt to indoctrinate our young by trying to teach them that white people owe others reparations for things done 150 years ago. Anyone that believes that can stick it right up their @@@. And trying to force their multi gender BS on young children. AIN'T gonna happen

Reactions: dezyDeco
They have done this for 200 years. What will NOT stand for is the lefts attempt to indoctrinate our young by trying to teach them that white people owe others reparations for things done 150 years ago. Anyone that believes that can stick it right up their @@@. And trying to force their multi gender BS on young children. AIN'T gonna happen
To an extent, but, in the South, it was greatly romanticized. (e.g. "the war of northern aggression", "the lost cause", etc.)

The Confederacy was a sovereign nation according to the majority of the people who lived there. The entire war was fought in the South. Meets the definition of an invasion to me.
I've studied this intensively over the past 3 years. American history is interesting to me. Many Virginians bailed out of the Confederate Army when Lee was making counter attacks into Maryland and PA. The counter attacks though were for one purpose: To invade Washington DC and force Lincoln and the War Department to sign a truce and recognize the Confederate States as a sovereign nations. I've read Shelby Foot's trilogy of Civil War books. Altogether they are about 3000 pages (and not written in large print font). It took him 15 years to complete his work, it took me about 4 months to read them all. I was not just taking my time, some nights I'd read 100 pages.

As for those who say the south were traitors, I'd say Queen Victoria would like a word with them. Too soon? 😂

Reactions: fatman76
To an extent, but, in the South, it was greatly romanticized. (e.g. "the war of northern aggression", "the lost cause", etc.)
I grew up in Texas and OK, born in 1977.

I can assure nothing about the Civil War was romanticized (at least that I can ever recall).

I grew up in Texas and OK, born in 1977.

I can assure nothing about the Civil War was romanticized (at least that I can ever recall).
I did all of my schooling on I-24 and went to a school called "University of the South". I have read Jefferson Davis cover to cover (he was a compelling author, by the way). I have read more Faulkner than I care to admit and other Southern Gothic fiction. I am about a decade older than you are.

of course there is not one singular telling of history, any history.

I did all of my schooling on I-24 and went to a school called "University of the South". I have read Jefferson Davis cover to cover (he was a compelling author, by the way). I have read more Faulkner than I care to admit and other Southern Gothic fiction. I am about a decade older than you are.

of course there is not one singular telling of history, any history.
Sewannee ...I grew up with John Swallow when he lived in SC.

john and i overlapped a bit. He is now the president of carthage college
Yep...I meant to look him up while he was still provost but it is about a 2 hr drive and I never got around to it

...his parents were professors at Coker. I was taking Algebra I as a freshman and he was taking Calculus at Coker.

We did have English and band together.

He had already skipped a grade.

He was our (Hartsville,SC) Doogie Howser.

The man does not age and if I remember correctly he was wearing tweed jackets with the leather elbows in HS. LOL

Yep...I meant to look him up while he was still provost but it is about a 2 hr drive and I never got around to it

...his parents were professors at Coker. I was taking Algebra I as a freshman and he was taking Calculus at Coker.

We did have English and band together.

He had already skipped a grade.

He was our (Hartsville,SC) Doogie Howser.

The man does not age and if I remember correctly he was wearing tweed jackets with the leather elbows in HS. LOL
What a great story. Small world. Have a great weekend.

Reactions: DCandtheUTBand
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT