ADVERTISEMENT

The Ghost of Grier is set to materialize...

bananadance.gif

Only so many great coaches out there...only so many blue chipers to get. Look at how long Texas has been average and bad...several other schools that haven't been able to get the right guy too. I don't care if it's 30 million to switch staffs...how much money is the University going to lose hiring 2nd rate guys, that let players like Grier go? Meyer would have never let that happen.

Reactions: bradleygator
I have to admit I had a little grin after he did the 1st down taunting with like 30 seconds to go in the game and then they didn't score.

I have to admit I had a little grin after he did the 1st down taunting with like 30 seconds to go in the game and then they didn't score.
WV might have lost, but that dude has moxy for sure. Even in the loss, it was so obvious how much better he is than any qb on our roster. That was an absolute personnel bungle by Mac. It is unexplainable why that kid is no longer on our team.

Will Grier begins the 2017 season as a LOSER,,, WVa 24 - 31 VaTech.
Passing - 31 of 53, 58.5%, 371 yds, L-60 yds, 3 TD's, 1 Int, 2 sacks, QBR 132.2
Rushing - 11 for 52 yds, 4.7 ypc, L-14 yds, 0 TD's

I was a Grier fan when he was still in HS. However, after his (more than one) bs escapades at UF, move along and forget him. You can't save every puppy in the pound, something that Mc needs to take better to heart, not less. They have some flea bitten, mangy puppies that are still on the team that shouldn't be, imoho... o_O

Reactions: TennesseeGator
WV might have lost, but that dude has moxy for sure. Even in the loss, it was so obvious how much better he is than any qb on our roster. That was an absolute personnel bungle by Mac. It is unexplainable why that kid is no longer on our team.

I agree he is way better than anything we have as I am not sold on Franks ever really having it but hope he proves me wrong.

With that OC all the teams do is sling the ball around mostly and it almost guarantees you a plus 4,000 yard season. His test will be what they do against the other good Big 12 teams as they were an Oklahoma win away last year from winning the Big 12 but I don't think he will be that type of game changer and they will go 7-5 or 8-4 at most. Their schedule isn't so easy after a few cupcakes for the coming weeks.

Last edited:

Because he fvcked up and put himself above the team.

Not defending this staff but and to hell with them.

To hell with cheating azz Will Grier as well.

Some of you guys remind me of dudes that had a woman cheat on you...tried to Max out your credit cards, and drain your bank accounts...

But you still see her out in the town dressed like a slut and all you can salivate about is how good she was in the bed...like once. (Ole Miss)

Reactions: instaGATOR
I didn't like how casually we ran off Grier when it happened. I don't know the extent of what he did. If he was using the wrong supplement, no problem. Shooting up with 'roids is worse and cocaine still worse, I guess. But anybody want to bet we don't have players right now doing the same? I think Mac just didn't like being told by Griers dad that he should start when he came back. But guess what, griers dad was right and macs offense has sucked hard since he left. It will work out ok in the end, because It's looking like the quicker we cashier this yokel, the better.

I didn't like how casually we ran off Grier when it happened. I don't know the extent of what he did. If he was using the wrong supplement, no problem. Shooting up with 'roids is worse and cocaine still worse, I guess. But anybody want to bet we don't have players right now doing the same? I think Mac just didn't like being told by Griers dad that he should start when he came back. But guess what, griers dad was right and macs offense has sucked hard since he left. It will work out ok in the end, because It's looking like the quicker we cashier this yokel, the better.

That game last night made me sick.

We had a gunslinger with most and we let him slip away for....?

Reactions: GatorNation79
That game last night made me sick.

We had a gunslinger with most and we let him slip away for....?

Just read an article by a guy who interviewed him and he said Mac was obviously wanting to go with Del Rio over him. Said Mac but zero effort into even meeting with him , was two hours late to meet with Will and his dad.

He passed for double our total offensive output against a Bud Foster D. And on top of it the kid clearly has the 'it' factor. Love watching him play

Just read an article by a guy who interviewed him and he said Mac was obviously wanting to go with Del Rio over him. Said Mac but zero effort into even meeting with him , was two hours late to meet with Will and his dad.

He passed for double our total offensive output against a Bud Foster D. And on top of it the kid clearly has the 'it' factor. Love watching him play

When Grier was suspended, and ultimately was gone forever, that's when I knew, deep down, it was over.

The only hope was getting a guy to replace him and changing OC.

Both may happen in the next year but it's too late.

Reactions: sadgator
Some of you guys remind me of dudes that had a woman cheat on you...tried to Max out your credit cards, and drain your bank accounts...

But you still see her out in the town dressed like a slut and all you can salivate about is how good she was in the bed...like once. (Ole Miss)
sadgator misses both sex and good quarterback play.

I get that Grier's problems were his own...but I just wish he could have served out his suspension and remained on the team. He would have started the last 6 games of last year and be our starter now. Maybe he asked for guarantees, maybe he didn't. To hear him say it, McElwain basically said just go.

I still think you guys are like the ex-husband that got cheated on and gold dug up.

Forgive me...I acting like the school girl that got dumped by the most popular dude in school. No matter how successful he becomes and inept the ex gf becomes...he is still an icky jerk.

:)

Reactions: instaGATOR
Yeah but Meyer won 2 National Titles so whatever mistakes he made he made up for it for winning almost every game he ever coached at FL.

Nope, Meyer made his name at UF when life long Gator Tebow signed.
Meyer's stay at UF would have been much different if Tebow had gone to UA.

We don't know that...maybe if Cam Newton started he would have played for at least 3 years and who knows how that would have went.

I doubt if Cam was the star he wouldn't have stolen the lap top.

Not sorry that sCam Newtron and his diddle-daddy went to the barn, but that's just me... :cool:

And add to it that Meyer went undefeated at Utah and won a title at Ohio State.

It wasn't a fluke of just having Tebow.

Regardless that's the past and the future isn't looking too bright right now.

Clarabelle, Clarabelle, Clarabelle.... :D

McElwain at his Wed. presser -- "We have a responsibility to our fans to take some of the things that may be concerning them and give them three hours to take their minds off of what is going on.”

Gawd -- "I have a responsibility to Gator Nation, to take their chitty offense that is for sure concerning them, off of their minds this week and give them a few days to be concerned about what's real instead of just what sucks with their phootball team." (I've tried to tell/warn everyone that I have a really twisted sense of humor...) :cool:

Last edited:
He threw for about as many TD's and yards as our QBs have over the years in games, many games combined...

Grier is straight garbage when it comes to leading WV to wins over good opponents it appears. That OC always has huge passing numbers but it takes a good QB to get the wins and unlike last year WV doesn't have it with Grier.

Grier might as well get his family tickets to the Cactus Bowl now because that is where they will be heading after he leads them to a mediocre 7-5 record.

bananadance.gif

Grier losing is the bright spot in an otherwise crappy day.

366 yards, 3TDs and an INT.

The interception hurt because there was a big return on it but it’s not his fault the defense gave up 31 points.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT