ADVERTISEMENT

The “greatest team ever assembled” just went absolutely nowhere

TJtheGator

Gator Great
Jun 4, 2001
That would be Tennessee Volunteer baseball this year.

Perhaps greatest collection of players to ever don the same uniform, but certainly not a team.

Entitled and conceited to the nth degree, both players and fans. And Vitello has his own orbit of douchebaggery that he resides in.

Enjoy NOT going to Omaha.

That would be Tennessee Volunteer baseball this year.

Perhaps greatest collection of players to ever don the same uniform, but certainly not a team.

Entitled and conceited to the nth degree, both players and fans. And Vitello has his own orbit of douchebaggery that he resides in.

Enjoy NOT going to Omaha.
Ah, the Vols-in-tears.

Nobody loves seeing them cry more than m-ok, well, to be fair, TennesseeGator, but I'm right there with him.

Acting like dipsh**s while posing for the cameras got them nothing but an exit from the super regionals. The regular season is totally irrelevant once the tourney starts and they were far from being prepared. Eff the Vols!

Reactions: Nicktheslick
e3186cb8f6dd63ff39390c929c0f8da8.jpg

I love it!

"The coach that didn’t care about anything, well, they’re getting a little bit of a taste of humble pie up on Rocky Top today,” Finebaum said. “A tough pill to swallow for the Volunteers. Peyton Manning showing up on Friday. Does Tennessee ever win when Peyton Manning shows up?”

I love it!

"The coach that didn’t care about anything, well, they’re getting a little bit of a taste of humble pie up on Rocky Top today,” Finebaum said. “A tough pill to swallow for the Volunteers. Peyton Manning showing up on Friday. Does Tennessee ever win when Peyton Manning shows up?”
A good start would be to change that sanitation worker orange.

I still think it’s a odd how Finebaum’s a Bammer yet is an actual Tennessee grad.

I understand if you grew up a fan, but ended up graduating from a school without a major FBS progam, or a school far away, or no school, etc. But this guy was born in Tennessee, I assume grew up in Tennessee, graduated from Tennessee, and then became a fan of another SEC school?

I’m sure there’s a perfectly reasonable explanation, but I’m too lazy to google.

Reactions: fsu939913
I still think it’s a odd how Finebaum’s a Bammer yet is an actual Tennessee grad.

I understand if you grew up a fan, but ended up graduating from a school without a major FBS progam, or a school far away, or no school, etc. But this guy was born in Tennessee, I assume grew up in Tennessee, graduated from Tennessee, and then became a fan of another SEC school?

I’m sure there’s a perfectly reasonable explanation, but I’m too lazy to google.
Sign on the dotted line (or make an x if you can’t write) get the degree then bolt.

In baseball Vanderbilt is their in state daddy. According to Vol fans this is a slap to the nads. Imagine Rollins college being better than Florida in any sport.

Reactions: gatordad3

He was born and raised in Memphis. Attended UT. First big job was in Birmingham in 1980. Also did some newspaper work in Mobile.

I'm not sure who he is a fan of. Just covers a lot of Bama. Has been doing such since 1980. He seems critical of them when needed. I remember he broke the Antonio Langam signed illegally with an agent story. Has hyped UT at times. Critical of them when they do something dumb(quiet often) as he does with nearly any SEC and even nationally. Seems to have a hard on for Jim Harbaugh for some reason.

Majority of his callers through the years were Bama fans. So he obviously knows Bama.

Pat Dye was a UGA alumni but a Auburn coach. Vince Dooley was a Auburn alumni but a UGA coach/AD. Cutcliffe was a Bama alumni but a long time UT assistant and Ole Miss HC. Will Muschamp was a UGA alumni but a Florida coach. Gene Chizik was a UF alumni but an Auburn coach. Robert Gillispie was a Gator alumni but an assistant at SCar and UT assistant. Mickey Andrews was a Bama alumni but a long time FSU assistant. Spurs is the definition of Gator but coached at SCar

Sometimes you have to go elsewhere to make money even if it means going against your Alma Mater. I guess being a press member is somewhat similar to coaching depending on where one can get paid better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
He was born and raised in Memphis. Attended UT. First big job was in Birmingham in 1980. Also did some newspaper work in Mobile.

I'm not sure who he is a fan of. Just covers a lot of Bama. Has been doing such since 1980. He seems critical of them when needed. I remember he broke the Antonio Langam signed illegally with an agent story. Has hyped UT at times. Critical of them when they do something dumb(quiet often) as he does with nearly any SEC and even nationally. Seems to have a hard on for Jim Harbaugh for some reason. Spurs is the definition of a Gator but took a job at SCar.

Majority of his callers through the years were Bama fans. So he obviously knows Bama.

Pat Dye was a UGA alumni but a Auburn coach. Vince Dooley was a Auburn alumni but a UGA coach/AD. Cutcliffe was a Bama alumni but a long time UT assistant and Ole Miss HC. Will Muschamp was a UGA alumni but a Florida coach. Gene Chizik was a UF alumni but an Auburn coach. Robert Gillispie was a Gator alumni but an assistant at SCar and UT assistant. Mickey Andrews was a Bama alumni but a long time FSU assistant.

Sometimes you have to go elsewhere to make money even if it means going against your Alma Mater. I guess being a press member is somewhat similar to coaching depending on where one can get paid better.
That clown Skip Bayless is a Vanderbilt graduate, yet he spent the majority of his career in Dallas. He is an avid Oklahoma Sooner backer, yet he has no ties to the school to my knowledge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT