ADVERTISEMENT

Thanksgiving coldest on record in the NEast

No, I just don’t really want to debate on this forum. I appreciate matches difference of opinions from me but he is pretty good at this. And I graduated college with a 2.7 so I’m not saying I’m an Einstein or anything over here. I just care about sustainability and the environment.
The presupposition that we don’t is the main problem.

Other than just preventing unnecessary pollution by using reasonable methods, humankind is not going to change our climate. It's arrogant as hell to assume we have that ability. Climate's going to climate, always has, always will. We are powerless and pretending to live like cavemen is a fool's errand.

Reactions: nail1988
Now they are running articles telling people that Frost quakes are a result of global warming.
Forrest-for-the-Trees-Featured-Image.jpg

We absolutely do. Unfortunately, the warmists have proven time and time again that they couldn't care less about the environment.

I've seen posters here who were proud warmists tell me they don't care about the cobalt mines and how that literally destroys the environment. One time @bradleygator was humping wind turbines as 'clean energy' and I asked him what about the flights of birds that were slaughtered by them every year. His direct quote was "I don't give a shit about the birds!'

How do you reason with people like this?

And remember friends, man made climate change is based on unassailable science.

Right ReRe? That's why the predictions of doom and gloom thus far have been stellar?

Perhaps that is why we have 96 pages of "it's cold today" satire???

Odd that you can recognize the ridiculousness of one narrative while the other continues to own you.

Serious, peer-reviewed, research doesn’t include “predictions of doom and gloom.” They just make projections about the value of some data, like mean global temperature, over time.

The “doom and gloom” comes from media pundits and politicians. I don’t endorse them and I have always been opposed to unnecessary alarmism.

If matches is right about a cooling climate change pattern starting up here, I will vote down ballot Republican every two years for the rest of my life.
Didn't I see some mention of you being in your 20s? Up until 1987 or so, the media spin was that we were headed for an Ice Age. @DCandtheUTBand posted a video from a TV Special that Jimmy Carter did while he was President where he told the American people that Americans needed to set their thermostats to 55 degrees in the winter, and just accept that we were going to be cold AF every winter from now on.

The planet is an icecube. Sounds like the planet is on fire, right?

The Coming Ice Age. Harper's Magazine, 1959.

History repeats itself. It's not a matter of if the warmists wil become coolists again, but when.

@Uniformed_ReRe will be first in line to be hoodwinked.

Didn't I see some mention of you being in your 20s? Up until 1987 or so, the media spin was that we were headed for an Ice Age. @DCandtheUTBand posted a video from a TV Special that Jimmy Carter did while he was President where he told the American people that Americans needed to set their thermostats to 55 degrees in the winter, and just accept that we were going to be cold AF every winter from now on.

The planet is an icecube. Sounds like the planet is on fire, right?

The Coming Ice Age. Harper's Magazine, 1959.

History repeats itself. It's not a matter of if the warmists wil become coolists again, but when.

@Uniformed_ReRe will be first in line to be hoodwinked.
Im 37. God willing you can have 60 years of consistent Republican votes every two years.

• Love
Im 37. God willing you can have 60 years of consistent Republican votes every two years.
37. At that age I was entering the prime of my life. Enjoy the next 20 years of your life. They will be your best ones. They were for me, and oh how were they. I was king of the hill. ;) They are short and fleeting though, time passes quicker than you can imagine. May the force be with you! And may you attain more wisdom!

Algores new home

@BSC911 @Kingseve1 @Mdfgator

How could we tie this record from 1934 if the earth was warming ?

Mount Washington’s astonishing AccuWeather RealFeel Temperature in record territory:

The AccuWeather RealFeel Temperature plummeted to 114 degrees below zero Saturday as winds gusted close to 100 mph. The actual temperature at the time of 47 degrees below zero tied with a 1934 record for the lowest temperature ever recorded at the station. https://bit.ly/40yHO3V

Mount Washington is famous for its extreme weather conditions, but the latest Arctic outbreak has set a new precedent for the "Home of the World's Worst Weather." Meanwhile, Boston broke two record lows in the span of a few hours amid the cold blast.

A view from the top of the observatory tower at Mount Washington State Park, where the wind chill dropped to 105 degrees below zero Fahrenheit (-79 Celsius) is seen in a still image from a live camera in New Hampshire, U.S. February 4, 2023. Mount Washington

2023-02-04T143914Z_1738758456_RC294Z9N8X9D_RTRMADP_3_USA-WEATHER.jpg

another record shattered

Screen-Shot-2023-02-04-at-11.02.42-AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
Serious, peer-reviewed, research doesn’t include “predictions of doom and gloom.”

Serious, peer reviewed, research also doesn't unequivocally assign blame of climate change on mankind.

So pick a stance imo. You either side with the serious, peer reviewed, scientists or with the alarmists you mentioned.

I've never doubted that climate changes or that it is changing. I've doubted man's impact on that change. How about you?

Serious, peer reviewed, research also doesn't unequivocally assign blame of climate change on mankind.

So pick a stance imo. You either side with the serious, peer reviewed, scientists or with the alarmists you mentioned.

I've never doubted that climate changes or that it is changing. I've doubted man's impact on that change. How about you?

Maybe I am misunderstanding your post, but I thought I declared my stance that I side with the serious, peer-reviewed, scientists over the alarmists.

I guess I “doubt” that the surface of the Earth will be swept up into a Venusian hellscape by the time I qualify for AARP membership, but I think man is a factor in gradually increasing the mean global temperature.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your post, but I thought I declared my stance that I side with the serious, peer-reviewed, scientists over the alarmists.

I guess I “doubt” that the surface of the Earth will be swept up into a Venusian hellscape by the time I qualify for AARP membership, but I think man is a factor in gradually increasing the mean global temperature.
Overpopulation might be a cause of that. Are you saying as responsible planet keepers we need a purge? 😂

Then your vehemently against govt overreach in changing out economy to be “green”?

Example - CA’s ban on gas vehicles in the next decade.

There's no peer-reviewed serious science that points toward man being the cause. There's loads of evidence showing historical changes in climate where we absolutely know man wasn't involved.

If you're just saying that's your gut or your unscientific opinion, fine.

But let's stop creating policy based on gut feelings and opinions imho.

A couple days ago I checked on Goose Bay, Labrador. -16F. About what I lived with when I was stationed there long ago. Greenland is still to cold for the Vikings to herd cattle as they did in the 10s and 1100s.

A couple days ago I checked on Goose Bay, Labrador. -16F. About what I lived with when I was stationed there long ago. Greenland is still to cold for the Vikings to herd cattle as they did in the 10s and 1100s.
You ever use Windfinder or Windy to watch storms? I look at it often not only to see marine conditions (for fishing purposes) but also hurricanes. If not, take a peek at it. You can parse with it just like Google Earth. But my point...............the north Atlantic is a no fun zone most of the year. There are gale force storm winds going on for most of the year. I don't know how anyone lives in that region, it must really suck. :oops:

This is a typical day in Greenland and Iceland (which supposedly has milder climate than Greenland) Constant wind of 45-50 mph. And it's like this during the summers too. :oops:

This is a typical day in Greenland and Iceland (which supposedly has milder climate than Greenland) Constant wind of 45-50 mph. And it's like this during the summers too. :oops:

So help me here....I just googled it, Greenland covers 836,000 square miles.

If the earth is on fire, how is a country almost a million miles in area seeing such a cold climate? Shouldn't things be heating up there?

Or does 'global warming' somehow skip Greenland? I thought GLOBAL means the ENTIRE GLOBE?

@BSC911?

So help me here....I just googled it, Greenland covers 836,000 square miles.

If the earth is on fire, how is a country almost a million miles in area seeing such a cold climate? Shouldn't things be heating up there?

Or does 'global warming' somehow skip Greenland? I thought GLOBAL means the ENTIRE GLOBE?

@BSC911?

Therein lies the lie. It gets colder in some places and warmer in others. Overall I do think it's probably warming slightly.

We're learning more and more about the poles in this process. We now believe that the poles flip way more regularly than we believed just a few years ago.

While at the Goose, I sometimes gassed up the Thule turnaroud. McGuire AFB, NJ MATS C-118 stopped at the Goose on it's way to Thule, Greenland for fuel and a mail drop. The Ann Margret likeness was usually the Thule flight attendant until she walked into a C-118 propeller at McGuire AFB.

Therein lies the lie. It gets colder in some places and warmer in others. Overall I do think it's probably warming slightly.
I wouldn't be surprised. Just like I wouldn''t be surprised if the planet wasn't cooling slightly in the 50s-80s when the media and left told us here comes the Ice Age.

If we had more critical thinkers, and fewer emotional ones, they couldn't get away with these hoaxes.

Serious, peer-reviewed, research doesn’t include “predictions of doom and gloom.” They just make projections about the value of some data, like mean global temperature, over time.

The “doom and gloom” comes from media pundits and politicians. I don’t endorse them and I have always been opposed to unnecessary alarmism.

What will the warmest say about this?

Arctic blast so cold it creates a steam devil ?

Arctic blast led to rare weather phenomenon over a Vermont lake​

Onlookers near Vermont's Lake Champlain might have caught sight of a funnel over the water, but this was no waterspout.

steamdevil.jpg

What will the warmest say about this?

Arctic blast so cold it creates a steam devil ?

Arctic blast led to rare weather phenomenon over a Vermont lake​

Onlookers near Vermont's Lake Champlain might have caught sight of a funnel over the water, but this was no waterspout.

steamdevil.jpg

Insta being beamed up? :oops: 😂

ADVERTISEMENT