ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee hires new AD

TJtheGator

Gator Great
Jun 4, 2001
Danny White from UCF.

I wanna see white schedule an outright 1-for-1 with UCF.

Lets see if he sacrifices a home game and millions in revenue to appease to the UCF masses.

I will admit that playing a game in East Orlando may give UT much needed recruiting exposure.

Two thoughts:

1 - I thought UCF was on par with all of the P5 programs. Why would he leave for Tennessee?

2 - Frustrated with not being considered for the playoffs, how long before he declares UT National Champs?

Last edited:
Two thoughts:

1 - I thought UCF was on par with all of the P5 programs. Why would he leave for Tennessee?

2 - Frustrated with not being considered for the playoffs, how long before he declares UT National Champs?
How many licks to get to the center of the tootsie pop before ya bite? I’m guessing 3 years

Why? The UCF program has regressed since Frost left. Heupel hasn’t recruited very good at all at UCF either in comparison to other AAC or similar programs.

mainly because I still think he's a better coach than any Tennessee has had since Kiffin left.

that being said, I'd rather they hire Heupel instead of Billy Napier.

I don't think Freeze goes there.

Look for UT to hire an over the hill sacrificial retread type to get them through the next 2-3 years. Players and recruits are fleeing that program like the proverbial rats from the sinking ship. They are going to have a massive rebuilding job ahead of them.
Agreed. They haven’t had a good coach in a long long time and they aren’t going to get one now unless they somehow get lucky.

mainly because I still think he's a better coach than any Tennessee has had since Kiffin left.

that being said, I'd rather they hire Heupel instead of Billy Napier.

I don't think Freeze goes there.
I don’t think Freeze goes anywhere in the SEC. and I’ve heard Napier is very arrogant and has named a number tenuhsee won’t be able to pay.

The first ever five win "National Champions". Hasn't Tennessee had enough of these corny sloganeers with Butch" Brick by Brick" Jones?

I don’t think Freeze goes anywhere in the SEC. and I’ve heard Napier is very arrogant and has named a number tenuhsee won’t be able to pay.

So living in New Orleans, I hear a lot about Napier, and it's a little odd that he hasn't moved to a bigger job.

I think (and wait for it, I'm about to agree with you) that he may be a bit of an arrogant oddball like PJ Fleck.

but he's a good coach. I don't want him in Knoxville.

I swear I think they will somehow end up on the Gus Bus.

That will be bad and good. He always pulls a rabbit out of his arse but other times lays an egg.
As a Georgia fan, I strongly endorse this move. Gus may have beaten Saban a few times but he had no clue how to beat Richt or Kirby.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
A poster on the UK board speculated that perhaps he’s waiting for the LSU job.... Who knows...

he may be waiting a while. The for for Ed O soured this year, even after last years success. He's completely shaken up the coaching staff so that may buy him another year or two but if he goes back to 4 and 5 loss seasons, he's going to be out.

I guess I could see Napier waiting for that.

Who would want to work for Mike White's pVssY @SS brother, Danny? The wuss AD who only wanted just a home and home series with UF.

Haven’t they had a “massive rebuilding job” ahead of them for like the past 20 years? At this point...what the hell are they even “rebuilding?”
Going to need a lot of glue to piece those ashes together. We got our glue from Costco.

Terrible/lazy hire but maybe about the best they could do considering the circumstances but this was just a easy/lazy move by White. Didn’t do any kind of search or put any effort into it. Not to mention UCF has regressed every year under Heupel.
Didn't Mr "Home and Home series vs Florida" also force Heupel to bring in "more than you ever know" Randy Shannon as DC?

Last edited:
Reactions: PacoGator19
Terrible/lazy hire but maybe about the best they could do considering the circumstances but this was just a easy/lazy move by White. Didn’t do any kind of search or put any effort into it. Not to mention UCF has regressed every year under Heupel.
Pretty much everything you said.

I think UT could have easily gotten Josh without getting Danny if that is the route they wanted to take. If they wanted Danny for Danny, they should have made Danny put a little effort into the search.

Yes Heupel has regressed at UCF. Also success at UCF doesn't always translate into winning at bigger programs.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
Pretty much everything you said.

I think UT could have easily gotten Josh without getting Danny if that is the route they wanted to take. If they wanted Danny for Danny, they should have made Danny put a little effort into the search.

Yes Heupel has regressed at UCF. Also success at UCF doesn't always translate into winning at bigger programs.
Yep nailed it!

All sadgator will say is that the “tempo” garbage Heupel ran at UCF last year was a failure. He better learn how to manage games situationally more than simply wanting to blow through every possession at warp speed or Tennessee will get drubbed (worse than they have been) by the rest of the SEC. That being said...he’ll be a better leader for them than Pruitt.

All sadgator will say is that the “tempo” garbage Heupel ran at UCF last year was a failure. He better learn how to manage games situationally more than simply wanting to blow through every possession at warp speed or Tennessee will get drubbed (worse than they have been) by the rest of the SEC. That being said...he’ll be a better leader for them than Pruitt.
Just this past off-season you were speaking as if we should beware and be shaking in our boots because Pruitt had UT on the rise. 😂

Just this past off-season you were speaking as if we should beware and be shaking in our boots because Pruitt had UT on the rise. 😂
They should have kept Butch Jones. Pruitt was really bad. Maybe even worse than Derek Dooley.

Curious to see how Tenn does. The East will probably be a hot mess except for Florida and Georgia.

sadgator’s been buying the hype about Tennessee for years. Probably best to take a “wait and see” approach here. sadgator will say this...whatever they claim...Heupel was not who they wanted...
Of course not. No way they had Heupel in there top 10.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT