ADVERTISEMENT

Telvin Smith: The Mentor

To an underaged girl. Even gave the girl a measly $100 to keep her quiet.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ex-nfl-telvin-smith-jaguars-underage-girl-mentor-report

In cases like these, once one young woman has the courage to speak out, other will start to come forward. If he's a predator it's unlikely this is his first statutory rape.

On the other hand, she was 17. It's not like she was 12. It's possible he believed she was older. He's 29, if he believed she was 20 or 21, that's not that big of an age difference. Does that make it any less illegal? It does not. But it would take him out of the realm of child abusing pervert and move him more into the category of being an idiot who is now being treated as a child abusing pervert.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
In cases like these, once one young woman has the courage to speak out, other will start to come forward. If he's a predator it's unlikely this is his first statutory rape.

On the other hand, she was 17. It's not like she was 12. It's possible he believed she was older. He's 29, if he believed she was 20 or 21, that's not that big of an age difference. Does that make it any less illegal? It does not. But it would take him out of the realm of child abusing pervert and move him more into the category of being an idiot who is now being treated as a child abusing pervert.

My opinion on this may be extreme but this girl is 17 and knew exactly what she was doing. She even accepted multiple payments. What is the difference between a 17 yr old and 18 yr old? I realize the age has to be cutoff somewhere but there is no difference. Apparently this girl was 2 months away from being 18 (still illegal) but i just dont see the difference. Hoes will be hoes. Not if the girl was 12 or 13 or 14 then yea hes a sicko weirdo. I remember going to a college party when i was about 21 or 22 and there was this girl there who was drinking and looked like a college student, we started talking and then her older sister came and told me she was 16 and in high school.... To me, if i did anything with that girl, she should have been arrested not me.

Reactions: goldmom
My opinion on this may be extreme but this girl is 17 and knew exactly what she was doing. She even accepted multiple payments. What is the difference between a 17 yr old and 18 yr old? I realize the age has to be cutoff somewhere but there is no difference. Apparently this girl was 2 months away from being 18 (still illegal) but i just dont see the difference. Hoes will be hoes. Not if the girl was 12 or 13 or 14 then yea hes a sicko weirdo. I remember going to a college party when i was about 21 or 22 and there was this girl there who was drinking and looked like a college student, we started talking and then her older sister came and told me she was 16 and in high school.... To me, if i did anything with that girl, she should have been arrested not me.

I'm not going to say you are wrong, but there has to be a cutoff somewhere, and the law has set it at 18. He's 29, he's supposed to know how to handle his business. In this day and age, that literally includes taking a picture of her drivers license. That's your proof. If her license says she is over 18, and it turns out she showed a fake ID, that really should get you off the hook.

Reactions: fsu939913
I'm not going to say you are wrong, but there has to be a cutoff somewhere, and the law has set it at 18. He's 29, he's supposed to know how to handle his business. In this day and age, that literally includes taking a picture of her drivers license. That's your proof. If her license says she is over 18, and it turns out she showed a fake ID, that really should get you off the hook.

I agree there has to be a cutoff i just think its weord to arbitrarily pick 18. Why not 19? Why not 22? Just weird to me. Im not defending him just saying

I agree there has to be a cutoff i just think its weord to arbitrarily pick 18. Why not 19? Why not 22? Just weird to me. Im not defending him just saying

Well, 18 is the age most kids are at when they graduate from high school. While nowadays a great many kids continue to college, back in the day you would go get a job when high school ended, most people got married soon after high school, etc. Even the kids who go to college, they normally move away to attend school and are more or less on their own and responsible for themselves. It's just the age where everything transitions. Now, if they ever extend mandatory schooling two more years, up to getting an AA degree, they could increase the age of adulthood to 20. But as it stands, 18 just makes sense.

If Telvin is not 100% stupid he'll hire an attorney who will dig into this girls background. She knew who he was. She set up the meeting place. And T was thinking with his Willie, not his brain.

Reactions: fsu939913
If Telvin is not 100% stupid he'll hire an attorney who will dig into this girls background. She knew who he was. She set up the meeting place. And T was thinking with his Willie, not his brain.

Will her background change the fact he had sex with an underage person?

Just another version of "did you see the way she was dressed? She was asking for it". And from a woman. smh

Just another version of "did you see the way she was dressed? She was asking for it". And from a woman. smh

I was thinking the same. It doesn't matter if she committed 48 armed robberies and had sex with 368 different males...including most/all over the age of 18. It is still breaking the law.

High paid athletes should know better.... this isnt the case of "I met her at a bar where she was drinking and she had a fake ID" kind of ish.

Last edited:
Reactions: gatordad3

No, she was not "asking for it", and btw, she's not claiming she was assaulted violently against her will.
As I said, Telvin was a dummy for having sex with an underage female. Did she initially lead him to believe she was of age? As I said, we don't know yet the full facts of this case. I'm sure his attorneys have told him to SHUT UP in the meantime.

No, she was not "asking for it", and btw, she's not claiming she was assaulted violently against her will.
As I said, Telvin was a dummy for having sex with an underage female. Did she initially lead him to believe she was of age? As I said, we don't know yet the full facts of this case. I'm sure his attorneys have told him to SHUT UP in the meantime.

You know what's in the term "statutory rape"?

Rape.

I do believe in the dress appropriate thing, if i walk down an alley and start berating a gang..... Am i expecting anything else than an ass whoopin? Or should i say attempted ass whoopin.... If its 4 or less i win easy

I do believe in the dress appropriate thing, if i walk down an alley and start berating a gang..... Am i expecting anything else than an ass whoopin? Or should i say attempted ass whoopin.... If its 4 or less i win easy

Not sure what the connection is between appropriate dress and walking down an alley to berate a gang. Are there special clothes for that?

Oh deer gawd.... Nvr mind
?
h08CF9A14

"Your honor, she told me she was 18" never holds up in court.

"Your honor, I met her in a bar", that has a shot, because everyone in there is required to be over 21.

But the article says he met her at her job. She can't work at a bar, being under 21, so where else is he going to get a presupposition of legal age?

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT