ADVERTISEMENT

Suspended players back this week?

Gator'nDC4

Baby Gator
Jan 18, 2012
I haven't seen any word that either Callaway or Scarlett are a lock to be playing. Is there a chance these suspensions go longer as more information on this whole sh!t show unfold?

They aren't on the depth chart.

I do believe Robinson was the one who is back
Robinson's suspension was 1 game for pot. The other 9 are tied up in the debit/credit card thing and until the investigation is finished and decisions are made, they remain unable to even practice with the team. What a mess a once-promising season has turned into very quickly.

Reactions: gatorjake2
Robinson's suspension was 1 game for pot. The other 9 are tied up in the debit/credit card thing and until the investigation is finished and decisions are made, they remain unable to even practice with the team. What a mess a once-promising season has turned into very quickly.
Suspension had very little to do with the season going down the tank.

Sure we may have possibly scored one more FG set up by a Callaway catch. And gained 4 more yards rushing with Scarlett runny the ball.

The other dudes would have helped pour Gatorade in bottles.

Am I the only one that doesn't care? And I'm not saying that just to be negative either. It's just that the two guys who we could really use depend on other positions to do their jobs (QB and OL) not to mention the OC. And all three of those areas suck which means it's not likely they're gonna make the difference we'd all like them to make.

Reactions: HardeeWildcatFan

Sure we may have possibly scored one more FG set up by a Callaway catch. And gained 4 more yards rushing with Scarlett runny the ball.

Totally with your statement. You apparently didn't understand my previous one because I never said nor implied what you said I did.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Am I the only one that doesn't care? And I'm not saying that just to be negative either. It's just that the two guys who we could really use depend on other positions to do their jobs (QB and OL) not to mention the OC. And all three of those areas suck which means it's not likely they're gonna make the difference we'd all like them to make.

I will care if they aren't playing next week.

I have already said as much...

I have already said as much...
One thing the suspensions indicate to me is a lack of leadership within the team. Where are the juniors and seniors who are supposed to take charge of the younger ones - show them the ropes, help them stay out of trouble, get in their face when they need to and helped mold a real TEAM? What Callway the leader they were allowed to look up to? I don't see leadership on the sidelines, on the field between plays, nor in daily life situations. I can't believe that only the 9 guys suspended knew about what they were doing. Why didn't older leaders stop them? Without leaders among the players a team will not overcome adversity during games and over time the team will disintegrate from within. No accountability, no trust.

as negative as the talk is and grim, talent is not the problem now... we should be able to pull some games out not expected at some point because of it... Nuss won't be allowed to continue this a whole season... I think we should win UT game in a close one, A&M is a winnable game, LSU will be a backyard fight again at home, our schedule and games in our home state can be won... UGA and FSU don't have the QB's right now at least... While there's no reason for faith now, I really think we bounce back because I think Franks really has the tools to develop and get better. He will see schemes and defenses not as good as Michigan and all on one week preps. The season won't be lost until I see us lose to UT, and if we are 3-1 going into the Vandy, A&M, LSU, UGA stretch. We'll know more, we can still win the East but if we do it this time we should look better doing it. We have the talent now on offense, but we need Robinson, Callaway, and Scarlett back to take pressure off Franks and get it going. The smart guys in football all see the talent and still believe in us. Todd blackledge is one of the smartest in that business, he still thinks we got what it takes and I take what he says seriously... Though we all wanna jump off the bridge now, we can out talent various teams despite nuss holding us back but it can still equal wins. Shannon did good things to cause those turnovers, but we just got out coached overall, but it wasn't shannons fault. The defense is young, will get better and the added depth at LB and up front from suspensions will come back and help us get better, maybe slowly but it will happen.

Reactions: BCSgator
Sometimes talent takes over, it depends how bad our players want it to happen, we just gotta pray they don't give up and give in now.. I think our talent has more pride to change this cycle, I really do.

as negative as the talk is and grim, talent is not the problem now... we should be able to pull some games out not expected at some point because of it... Nuss won't be allowed to continue this a whole season... I think we should win UT game in a close one, A&M is a winnable game, LSU will be a backyard fight again at home, our schedule and games in our home state can be won... UGA and FSU don't have the QB's right now at least... While there's no reason for faith now, I really think we bounce back because I think Franks really has the tools to develop and get better. He will see schemes and defenses not as good as Michigan and all on one week preps. The season won't be lost until I see us lose to UT, and if we are 3-1 going into the Vandy, A&M, LSU, UGA stretch. We'll know more, we can still win the East but if we do it this time we should look better doing it. We have the talent now on offense, but we need Robinson, Callaway, and Scarlett back to take pressure off Franks and get it going. The smart guys in football all see the talent and still believe in us. Todd blackledge is one of the smartest in that business, he still thinks we got what it takes and I take what he says seriously... Though we all wanna jump off the bridge now, we can out talent various teams despite nuss holding us back but it can still equal wins. Shannon did good things to cause those turnovers, but we just got out coached overall, but it wasn't shannons fault. The defense is young, will get better and the added depth at LB and up front from suspensions will come back and help us get better, maybe slowly but it will happen.
damn numbers...UF needs to hire you bro...I started thinking YES WE CAN...lol...I hope you're right but I agree, Nuss is a huge problem.

nuss is the only one holding back this talent all over the roster...

One thing the suspensions indicate to me is a lack of leadership within the team. Where are the juniors and seniors who are supposed to take charge of the younger ones - show them the ropes, help them stay out of trouble, get in their face when they need to and helped mold a real TEAM? What Callway the leader they were allowed to look up to? I don't see leadership on the sidelines, on the field between plays, nor in daily life situations. I can't believe that only the 9 guys suspended knew about what they were doing. Why didn't older leaders stop them? Without leaders among the players a team will not overcome adversity during games and over time the team will disintegrate from within. No accountability, no trust.

Well that 08 team had some real winners off the field. I guess Tebow can't rub off on everyone. It really sucks when you have major character issues and they aren't that great on the field either.

Nuss isn't even close to the only problem, just the one people can point too more obviously. Shannon is just as bad and that will show as the season goes along. Errant passes notwithstanding, we gave up almost 500 to that QB and they ran for damn near 300 on us. He isn't good and that basic ass Cover 2 zone is gonna get ate up by any OC with a clue, this isn't 2001.

Totally with your statement. You apparently didn't understand my previous one because I never said nor implied what you said I did.
I wasn't meaning to say you implied anything. Was just confirming what you said. The season had promise. It looks to be mediocre at best. The suspensions are just whip cream added to the misery of mediocrity.

Reactions: ocalaman
Nuss isn't even close to the only problem, just the one people can point too more obviously. Shannon is just as bad and that will show as the season goes along. Errant passes notwithstanding, we gave up almost 500 to that QB and they ran for damn near 300 on us. He isn't good and that basic ass Cover 2 zone is gonna get ate up by any OC with a clue, this isn't 2001.

If Mac isn't helping with the game plan its his own damn fault, but I think he is. And yes, Shannon called a terrible game. I really just think the whole thing is broken. I don't think a new OC will fix nearly what some do. Nuss doesn't suck the fire and emotion out of Mac.

If Mac isn't helping with the game plan its his own damn fault, but I think he is. And yes, Shannon called a terrible game. I really just think the whole thing is broken. I don't think a new OC will fix nearly what some do. Nuss doesn't suck the fire and emotion out of Mac.

A new OC wouldn't pull a miracle season...but keeping the OC sure the heck doesn't.

A new OC wouldn't pull a miracle season...but keeping the OC sure the heck doesn't.

Honestly, cannot believe he brought him back. My fear always was laying an egg against Michigan and then having Nuss be the focal point of the whole season. And what do ya know, hear she goes.

The guy couldn't get an offense inside the top 100 in two years and actually got worse in year two. Can his ass.

And more to oozie's point, he has multiple players calling him out on Twitter. Its just a circus at this point. We need to win the Tennessee game and hopefully we can settle in after that.

I don't know if he will get a few seconds to throw or not but I looked at that QB from N Colorado and the guy can sling the ball decent based on 2015 (he was injured all of 2016 basically). I wonder if he gets a little time will he light us up for a few deep ones. He damn sure looked like a much better passing QB than Speight was.

Some rumors going around all but Smith and Callaway will be cleared to participate in the next 2 weeks but those 2 may be in bigger trouble and booted from team.

I kind of doubt we see any of them on the field this season. Callaway and Scarlett have probably played their last football here and will be heading to the draft. Scarlett probably assured himself that he will be a free agent signing or a 7th round pick at most.

Hope so. That way when we take more ass whoopings it's one less excuse for the con man.

The diversion is just a way for them to pay back the money. If they do not meet the timetables on time each month then the state will go to the judge and ask for a trial. That is all the diversion is. You can say it’s a civil probation not criminal probation.

I don't know if he will get a few seconds to throw or not but I looked at that QB from N Colorado and the guy can sling the ball decent based on 2015 (he was injured all of 2016 basically). I wonder if he gets a little time will he light us up for a few deep ones. He damn sure looked like a much better passing QB than Speight was.

Fev, do you want to see a Soph QB that can get rid of the ball under a heavy rush, to the open guy with a 1-3 step drop, on time, that threw 27 TD's to just 7 Ints?
I sure hope that he comes to UF, we really need a guy like this... :cool:

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3701605/jake-allen

Fev, do you want to see a Soph QB that can get rid of the ball under a heavy rush, to the open guy with a 1-3 step drop, on time, that threw 27 TD's to just 7 Ints?
I sure hope that he comes to UF, we really need a guy like this... :cool:

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3701605/jake-allen

I guess we will find out when the new coach takes over. It will probably be like when Spurrier started coaching here and may the best QB win the job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT