• Yes

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

BSC911

Bull Gator
Apr 18, 2018
Just checking the demographics of this board. Feel free to reply to this thread with your personal situation. Myself, I will not. I make too much money.

This WaPo link was posted previously in another thread a week or so ago. My income is sufficiently high enough that I won't get the full amount, but looks like I'll get about 95% of the max.

I have mixed emotions. If the government is giving me "free" cash, it's kinda hard to take a principled stand and turn it down. OTOH, future generations will be paying that much more interest on all those T-bills we auction off to Saudi and the ChiComs.

Look, might as well take it .... because you not taking it won’t make a difference as to whether they give the $$$ away. And because the quantum easements they’ll need to execute to “fund” this $$$ will drive up commodities and soft inflation, so what you currently have won’t have the same buying power anyway

Take the check, buy a stock or other depressed equity and catch the wave when it goes back up..... thereby hedging against the soft inflation (and perhaps hard inflation) they’re gonna cause

I'll get one, since I'm retired and on a fixed income. Why would anyone be "ashamed" to get what is effectively a small refund of what they've paid in taxes over the years? Isn't it really their money at the end of the day?
It's not really a refund since the money we've paid in has already been spent. This is all borrowed money. I have a hard time understanding why retirees get a check. How have you been negatively affected?

This WaPo link was posted previously in another thread a week or so ago. My income is sufficiently high enough that I won't get the full amount, but looks like I'll get about 95% of the max.

I have mixed emotions. If the government is giving me "free" cash, it's kinda hard to take a principled stand and turn it down. OTOH, future generations will be paying that much more interest on all those T-bills we auction off to Saudi and the ChiComs.
Yep. Nothing is free. Someone has to pay for it.

It's not really a refund since the money we've paid in has already been spent. This is all borrowed money. I have a hard time understanding why retirees get a check. How have you been negatively affected?
I make less than $75K. I'm affected because I had to take a leave of absence at my part time job, and it filled the gap between my income and the withdrawal I must take when I turn 72in a couple of years.
But I file taxes just like you. So...you bet I'll take my...rebate. Better?

I make less than $75K. I'm affected because I had to take a leave of absence at my part time job, and it filled the gap between my income and the withdrawal I must take when I turn 72in a couple of years.
OK. You can keep it.

@BSC911

yet you vote for Lamumba, Madam Chiang and Biden people who punish producers and redistribute earned wealth?

odd.
Do you realize that if you reply to my post that you don’t have to tag me? It’s redundant.

I don’t recognize any of those that you mentioned other than Biden. Yes, I will vote for him. While not the most exciting, at least he doesn’t lie through his teeth every time he speaks.

Do you realize that if you reply to my post that you don’t have to tag me? It’s redundant.

I don’t recognize any of those that you mentioned other than Biden. Yes, I will vote for him. While not the most exciting, at least he doesn’t lie through his teeth every time he speaks.

Thanks. I didn’t know that. Wow :eek::p:D

Just checking the demographics of this board. Feel free to reply to this thread with your personal situation. Myself, I will not. I make too much money.
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f394655454a714c77384f456e57513d3d2d3434323833323037342e313466376164616638326164396662333134303831323839333837362e676966

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
I should get a direct deposit. I'm probably the poorest guy here. I have 10 cents more than I need. I don't live paycheck to paycheck.

A cancer diagnosis in April, 2003 ended my 12 year career as a "professional tourist." I was off 4 years in recovery. Investments provided me with a tidy income.
But at least you get to brag about how smart you are in every post. So you’ve got that going for you.

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
You don't owe @BSC911 squat. 3 Trillion stimuli but everyone here is a millionaire? Too funny.

The elitist mindset that is mostly in the Dim party but claim to have Middle America's best interest at heart.
If you think the elitist Pubs have your best interests in mind then you are more naive than I gave you credit for.

Just like our resident snob here who drinks an overpriced and overrated Blantons.

Hey now, don’t be dissing good bourbon.... may be overpriced , not overrated

I do prefer others like Willet/Basil Hayden/Four Roses SB..... but Blantons is damn good too

Reactions: gatordad3

I do prefer others like Willet/Basil Hayden/Four Roses SB..... but Blantons is damn good too
Don't get me wrong, it's bad ass bourbon. Just not going to buy at the liquor store every week. I only buy it during the holidays ever since my oldest drinks the rest of the bottle when he comes over for a visit.:mad:

I have all of those in my bar. I like to switch it up but always go back to Blantons, long before it became trendy.

He (Joe) sure did. As the US does all the time. Just not unilaterally by the wannabe dictator and election fixer.

IF it's standard U.S. practice (no it's not), then why attempt to impeach Trump by falsely claiming that he was doing it? o_O ---- Little girl, your slip is showing yet again... :rolleyes:

Your Dim-Moe-Rats attempted a partisan coup impeachment, by falsely claiming that Trump had done what Joe and Obomba actually did. FAILED BTW, no bribery or Quid by DT. :cool:

So, Joe committed criminal bribery with a Quid-Pro-Quo as the Ukraine Corruption 'Point Man,' not Unilaterally as he was appointed and directed by Obomba, making both criminals under both Ukraine and International Law. And you agree with and support it, by claiming that the U.S. does it as a standard practice, against our own laws.... o_O

Thank you for posting here. It has a pretty good chance of embarrassing other clueless Libs that it's time for them to WTF-UP and switch parties... :eek:

Reactions: DCandtheUTBand
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT