ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry, America: China's leading the real Olympic medal count...?

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008

In an unexplained yet (apparently) nationally accepted counting method, Americans tally the standings not by what country wins the most golds, but what country wins the most total medals....

That means China’s current tally of 32 golds, 21 silvers and 16 bronzes (69 total) is somehow not as good as the United States’ 25 golds, 29 silvers and 21 bronzes (75 total). Try telling China’s seven extra gold medalists that their victories didn't matter.

What in the name of participation trophies is going on here?

The rest of the world favors gold over everything. That’s how the International Olympic Committee tallies it. Same with the medal standing on the Toyko 2020 website. It’s good enough for media companies all over the world, just not in the U.S. apparently.
--------------------------------

Not sure how it used to be presented to the US public but I do remember how the media tried to twist Michael Johnson into the world's fastest man even though he wasn't a 100m threat at all because we didn't have the 100m champion then.

As far as this I don't think you can just claim the most golds means you did better or you could get some ridiculous results though the most golds in the games is a bragging point itself. I think maybe saying a gold is worth 3 points, a silver 2 points and a bronze 1 point would be a good way of comparing results.

At the time of this article that would have China at 154 and the US at 154 also.

Reactions: gatordad3
Thinking about medals I wonder when the last time the US failed to win a gold medal in either the men's or women's 100m and 200m sprints. That was really a disappointment.
So much promise on the men's sprint side and it all blew up. We had the favorite in the 100, 200, 110h, 400h and came up with no golds.

Reactions: Gator Fever
mrvaye2ejs1f.jpg

The cool thing about Ross is that she isn’t perfect…there are some unflattering images of her…but when she cleans up, she is perfectly imperfect….

You know she tries hard…
R4B2pAj.jpg

She is one of those that makeup can do wonders for her face but there is a big dropoff without it. Not sure her face would be a 5 without it. More of those than you realize out there.

Last edited:
It’s like night and day with Ross…she plays the angles…but she can make ALL of your dreams come true…trust sadgator…

April_Ross_and_Whitney_Pavlik_at_the_AVP_Austin_Open_2017_%28cropped%29.jpg

WIlson_VB_ARoss_Portrait_0042_RT_SB_Cropped-260x300.jpg

Looking at the without makeup photo It does look like some work on her nose could do wonders. It would also make her close eye syndrome not stick out so much. It wouldn't surprise me to see her take care of that soon.

Reactions: gatordad3
The cool thing about Ross is that she isn’t perfect…there are some unflattering images of her…but when she cleans up, she is perfectly imperfect….

You know she tries hard…
R4B2pAj.jpg
She has my full attention in that outfit.

I have to be the one to mess up a thread of hot chicks by posting a video of a burly dude...but seriously the way we have barely edged out China was done in a matter of with a split second left on the clock.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT