ADVERTISEMENT

Some interesting things going down in Tally today

fsu939913

Bull Gator
Jul 29, 2014
Taggarts agent has been contacted about a buyout apparently...... Supposedly its a done deal. Feelers have been put out for interest in the following

1. Urban
2. Belichek
3. Saban

Homie
hqdefault.jpg

Krusty
krustyheyhey-56a009f35f9b58eba4ae96d3.jpg

No way they boot him unless they got a spare 17 Million at the CASH STRAPPED FSU Athletic Dept.

gatorshime,

Last time I looked at the figures it was $17.5 mil, but who's counting. FSU doesn't have even half of that !

At this point, Sweet Willie might be willing to take 1 Mil per year for the next 20 years, so a buy-out is still possible... ;) --- :D

At this point, Sweet Willie might be willing to take 1 Mil per year for the next 20 years, so a buy-out is still possible... ;) --- :D
I don't think his agent, Jimmy Sexton, will allow Taggart to be bought that easily.
Let's not forget the assistants, having to buyout another coach's contract and having to pay the new coach, unless they hire some division 3 or a position coach for dirt cheap.

I do like Jay Gruden. Personally I think he got screwed in DC. He'd be a good hire for FSU.
He's a great coach...that's the difference between college and NFL....the coach means more than anything in college. Most of the time the coach doesn't have the control in the NFL. If I was a good head coach I would only coach in college...at least then you can control your destiny and things the way that you think is best. Also you win around 10 games a year, win some big bowl games, beat your rivals and win some titles...they build a statue for you at the stadium and you make a fortune.

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring if FSU is still currently looking. 17 million for 1-2 years worth of work before my buyout for gross incompetence on the job sounds pretty good. Much better odds of getting hired as FSU's head coach than I have of winning the Florida Lottery.

Hell Tennessee will hire just about anyone who has a detectable heartbeat if their latest hire is any indication and they are FLUSH with cash as always. I can't stand the puke orange I'd have to wear for a year or two though.....

16. John Cocktoasten
17. Fred “The Dorf” Dorfman
18. Fat Sam

Interesting note on Fred Dorfman. Flounder in Animal House, whose last name was Dorfman, was a legacy due to a big brother named Fred, leading to the classic exchange:

My brother Fred is alumni here, I understand legacies usually get in?

That’s true unless the alumni is a real closet case... Like Fred!

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring if FSU is still currently looking. 17 million for 1-2 years worth of work before my buyout for gross incompetence on the job sounds pretty good. Much better odds of getting hired as FSU's head coach than I have of winning the Florida Lottery.

Hell Tennessee will hire just about anyone who has a detectable heartbeat if their latest hire is any indication and they are FLUSH with cash as always. I can't stand the puke orange I'd have to wear for a year or two though.....

Yeah, but that $15-20 mil buyout could sure smooth out the rough spots.

He's a great coach...that's the difference between college and NFL....the coach means more than anything in college. Most of the time the coach doesn't have the control in the NFL. If I was a good head coach I would only coach in college...at least then you can control your destiny and things the way that you think is best. Also you win around 10 games a year, win some big bowl games, beat your rivals and win some titles...they build a statue for you at the stadium and you make a fortune.

I think it really depends on how well you deal with recruiting and booster politics.

4. Santa Claus
5. The Easter Bunny
6. The Risen Christ
They are all just as likely as each other to be FSU's next head coach.

Those that do not believe that it is likely that The Risen Christ could be FSU’s next coach need to be mindful of the fact that FSU could certainly turn to one of its former players to fill the position...

2052863652_e8dc7b0af6.jpg

Those that do not believe that it is likely that The Risen Christ could be FSU’s next coach need to be mindful of the fact that FSU could certainly turn to one of its former players to fill the position...

Has this candidate been fired or thrown out of the NFL yet??? ;)

mail
[

:D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT