ADVERTISEMENT

Softball.....

fsu939913

Bull Gator
Jul 29, 2014
Fsu plays for the National title. Would be cool if we got one. I know the Gates have a few.

I can't believe FSU is in the title game, I think UF is easily a better team than the Noles. We got screwed by the umps in the UCLA game and got dumped into the losers bracket against the two time defending champs who play basically at home in the WCWS. Florida doesn't get screwed by the umps against the Bruins and they only have to win once today to advance to the title game. Just a total screw job all the way around.

That said, give the Noles credit. Beating Oregon and UCLA twice in one day is mighty impressive.

All of a sudden my favorite team is the Washington Huskies. Why is that? Noles softball showed a lot of heart this weekend. Lost their opener to UCLA, blowing a lead late. Then beat Georgia, #1 Oregon and UCLA twice today. They've earned the right to be there. But I just can't pull for 'em.

Reactions: fsu939913
Congrats to the Nole ladies, I can't say I want to see them win though.

I can't believe FSU is in the title game, I think UF is easily a better team than the Noles. We got screwed by the umps in the UCLA game and got dumped into the losers bracket against the two time defending champs who play basically at home in the WCWS. Florida doesn't get screwed by the umps against the Bruins and they only have to win once today to advance to the title game. Just a total screw job all the way around.

That said, give the Noles credit. Beating Oregon and UCLA twice in one day is mighty impressive.
I watch a lot of softball and have to say that to me UF & FSU are pretty equal this year. Both have 2 excellent pitchers, both have a stud hitter (Lorenz for us, Warren for them), both have a couple of really good freshmen and both have solid role players. The main difference is that the Gators are better on defense. But FSU is more aggressive at the plate and got hot in the World Series, with several of their "other" players coming through at the plate, whereas the Gators are too passive at the plate and couldn't hit when they needed to.

I cant either....just 2 weeks ago i didnt even know we had a softball team.

Until there it replay and accountability, the Umps decide who the NC is, not the teams... :mad:

Thk god for the refs.... If they disnt hit that home run for us we wouldnt be up 1 to 0

FSU has looked great in the WCWS. Meghan King has been unhittable so far and they've been getting big hit from .250 hitters. They have the mojo so far.

I have a question for Gator fans, of which I am a huge one and have been for 66 years. If you had a softball game you had to win, who would you rather have on the mound - Kelly Barnhill or Meghan King? How about Lauren Haeger or Kelly Barnhill? How about Hannah Rogers or Kelly Barnhill? Stacey Nelson or Kelly Barnhill? I'm not assuming an answer. I would like honest answers.

On any given day, any of the them....
On any other given day, none of them....

But I like to have honest / competent officials at every game, so that the best team on any given day, ends up as the winner on the field... :cool:

I have a question for Gator fans, of which I am a huge one and have been for 66 years. If you had a softball game you had to win, who would you rather have on the mound - Kelly Barnhill or Meghan King? How about Lauren Haeger or Kelly Barnhill? How about Hannah Rogers or Kelly Barnhill? Stacey Nelson or Kelly Barnhill? I'm not assuming an answer. I would like honest answers.

Let’s just say for me it would not be Barnhill because the fact she gets rattled to easy!!! It’s about realizing even though your a pitcher the best there is you are still human and prone to making mistakes. It’s about overcoming to those mistakes and picking yourself up and forgetting. If you can’t do this I wouldn’t want you on the mound.

I have to humble myself and congratulate FSU fans on their women's softball team. They are going to be the only team in WCWS history to lose the 1st game and come back to win the championship. They set a record by winning 6 elimination games. Remember in their Super Regional they lost the 1st game to LSU and had numerous chances to lose game 2, finally winning in I think 15 innings. King has been great in the circle, Warren has been a superstar and several of their more average players have stepped up big time. They have earned this championship, as much as I hate to say it.

Last edited:
Are we the new Gators? 7 wins in football but we win other sports.....i kid i kid.....but seriously... R we?

You got any SEC All Sports Trophies yet? :oops:

You going to finish in the Top 10 for the Director's Cup?
(you going to do that for 34 consecutive years?) :cool:

So nope, you're just the same 'little brother wannabees' that you've always been, and will always beeeee! o_O

So nope, you're just the same 'little brother wannabees' that you've always been, and will always beeeee! o_O
Why do I feel like further discussion with Insta will simply result in him resorting to this:

I%2Bknow%2Byou%2Bare.gif

Last edited:
Please do us both a favor, and never read or attempt to respond to anything thing that I post here on my Gator board,,, EVER. :cool:

I love how that homo @fsu939913 liked this post. I guess you have to look for any cheap entertainment you can find when you're an engineer making nickels and dimes.

I love how that homo @fsu939913 liked this post. I guess you have to look for any cheap entertainment you can find when you're an engineer making nickels and dimes.

Man so many people, especially Noles, can not stand fsunumbers.

Like...a LOT of vitriol for a guy that, regardless of you think he's trolling or whatever, has developed a phenomenally effective persona.

I guess some people don't really appreciate the skill that takes. It's textbook chapter 3 level quality.

Man so many people, especially Noles, can not stand fsunumbers.

Like...a LOT of vitriol for a guy that, regardless of you think he's trolling or whatever, has developed a phenomenally effective persona.

I guess some people don't really appreciate the skill that takes. It's textbook chapter 3 level quality.

Nole fans are very sensitive and the overwhelming majority of them dont really understand football. I remember thinking most Nole fans were like me when i was young and then i started talking to them and its been down hill ever since

Nole fans are very sensitive and the overwhelming majority of them dont really understand football. I remember thinking most Nole fans were like me when i was young and then i started talking to them and its been down hill ever since

I may not agree with you on what constitutes a good football program but you helped drive bucanole away. You are okay in my book.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT