ADVERTISEMENT

Shingles...

Here is my plug for vaccination if you are 50 or older and have ever been exposed to chickenpox. Annual flu shots are also a good idea, but discuss these with your doctor before any treatment.

https://www.cdc.gov/shingles/vaccination.html

A new shingles vaccine called Shingrix was licensed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2017. CDC recommends that healthy adults 50 years and older get two doses of Shingrix, 2 to 6 months apart. Shingrix provides strong protection against shingles and PHN. Shingrix is the preferred vaccine, over Zostavax®, a shingles vaccine in use since 2006.

Here's hoping that you get better soon, Sad.

Enjoy your content.

Reactions: sadgator
Here is my plug for vaccination if you are 50 or older and have ever been exposed to chickenpox. Annual flu shots are also a good idea, but discuss these with your doctor before any treatment.

A new shingles vaccine called Shingrix was licensed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2017. CDC recommends that healthy adults 50 years and older get two doses of Shingrix, 2 to 6 months apart. Shingrix provides strong protection against shingles and PHN. Shingrix is the preferred vaccine, over Zostavax®, a shingles vaccine in use since 2006.

Enjoy your content.

Holy crap...yes everyone (the few lost few souls that find their way to this Board)...listen to Vickirsam!!!!! Get vaccinated against shingles. Let sadgator tell you, this virus is a bitch, man!

sadgator is 47 years old. He thought shingles was like an elderly person’s disease. sadgator has been under a ton of stress lately, and this freaking thing shows up. It isn’t just the rash...it literally feels like sadgator’s ribs and internal torso are being ripped apart! It totally sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen to sadgator and Vickirsam...do yoga...find your inner peace...get vaccinated...and do whatever you can to avoid this nightmare. It is honestly misserable.

Really hoping that sadgator doesn’t get PHN. That would drive you insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And to make matters worse...

mrs. sadgator had the audacity to tell sadgator...”I’d sleep with you tonight, but I’m not gonna because of the rash.”

sadgator’s like...”O RLY?!?!?! Yeah, ok, baby...sure....” Been a helluva week.
Damn. That really sux. "For better or worse"?????

Enjoy your content.
That new vaccine seems to be in short supply....at least in my area.

Holy crap...yes everyone (the few lost few souls that find their way to this Board)...listen to Vickirsam!!!!! Get vaccinated against shingles. Let sadgator tell you, this virus is a bitch, man!

sadgator is 47 years old. He thought shingles was like an elderly person’s disease. sadgator has been under a ton of stress lately, and this freaking thing shows up. It isn’t just the rash...it literally feels like sadgator’s ribs and internal torso are being ripped apart! It totally sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen to sadgator and Vickirsam...do yoga...find your inner peace...get vaccinated...and do whatever you can to avoid this nightmare. It is honestly misserable.

Really hoping that sadgator doesn’t get PHN. That would drive you insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Admiral William F.( Bull) Halsey missed the most important Naval Battle of WWII, the Battle of Midway, because of Shingles. Stress does indeed bring it on.

Sad, yours truly had a bout with shingles in my 40's as well. Glad you're better and I know all too well what you went through.

Reactions: sadgator
My dad had a bout with shingles. The sad part was he never broke out with the rash, which is usually the tell tale sign that it has activated. Because there was no rash, it was not diagnosed right away and he ended up developing a neuropathy (this may not be the correct term) in his upper arm and shoulder. This left his with extreme sensitivity in the arm to the point where clothes and even the air from the AC blowing on his harm caused immense pain. This lasted the rest of his life and he was pretty miserable because of it.

So the bottom line is if you have developed some strange pain and sensitivity to the skin, don't take it lightly. Get it checked. And ask if it cold be shingles even without a rash showing.

My dad had a bout with shingles. The sad part was he never broke out with the rash, which is usually the tell tale sign that it has activated. Because there was no rash, it was not diagnosed right away and he ended up developing a neuropathy (this may not be the correct term) in his upper arm and shoulder. This left his with extreme sensitivity in the arm to the point where clothes and even the air from the AC blowing on his harm caused immense pain. This lasted the rest of his life and he was pretty miserable because of it.

So the bottom line is if you have developed some strange pain and sensitivity to the skin, don't take it lightly. Get it checked. And ask if it cold be shingles even without a rash showing.
That sucks. Sorry about your dad. Yeah, the PHN thing is the scariest part. When you are in the middle of it, you can't imagine pain like that affecting you the rest of your life...that would drive you nuts...
sadgator is extremely grateful that his case was relatively mild without after effect.

That sucks. Sorry about your dad. Yeah, the PHN thing is the scariest part. When you are in the middle of it, you can't imagine pain like that affecting you the rest of your life...that would drive you nuts...
sadgator is extremely grateful that his case was relatively mild without after effect.

I had shingles and didn’t cry about it Sad. Man up.

I had shingles and didn’t cry about it Sad. Man up.

sadgator’s gift to LakerGator...
completeBox.png

Reactions: nail1988
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT