ADVERTISEMENT

Sexton will pick the next head coaches...

PrideOfScotland23

Baby Gator
Aug 23, 2013
at UT, FL, AR and aTm...since he is a former Vol manager and UT grad they will get the pick of the litter...everyone else will suck hind tit.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...rida-state-what-to-make-of-texas-a-m-chatter/

Supposedly, both aTm and UT are courting Jimbo.

Jimmy Sexton's lower back must ache from the strain of having to carry weight of his balls.

No doubt. Like I said in another thread, the only person talking about Jimbo for all these jobs is his agent. His salary and buyout are embarrassingly overpriced. And now he’s being “talked about” around a job that isn’t even available at A&M. He’s going to sinhlehandedly put FSU into bankruptcy.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
at UT, FL, AR and aTm...since he is a former Vol manager and UT grad they will get the pick of the litter...everyone else will suck hind tit.
Too bad you suck at trolling. Ol Chipper doesn't use Sexton so no influence their on the UF hire......but yeah he can decide what the rest of the local yocal programs in the SEC get.

No doubt. Like I said in another thread, the only person talking about Jimbo for all these jobs is his agent. His salary and buyout are embarrassingly overpriced. And now he’s being “talked about” around a job that isn’t even available at A&M. He’s going to sinhlehandedly put FSU into bankruptcy.

Apparently, his buyout is only $7.x million, if he leaves willingly. But it's $40+ million if FSU fires him. I like the guy, but for what we're already paying him, we can get someone who is just as good.

I don't see anyone paying him Saban money to steal him away from FSU. Thought, UT does have a reputation for overbuilding and overspending.

If true, what are your thoughts about that?

I'd prefer that Jimbo stays put, but for what we are paying him, we should be able to get someone else who is at least as good. Jimbo is a B+ coach. B+ coaches aren't as easy-to-find as people think, but they don't deserve more than $5+ million per year and $40 million buyouts.

Best case scenario is that Jimbo convinces the boosters to increase the budget for assistant coaches so we don't keep losing the good ones to the SEC and getting stuck with the mediocre ones.

I'd prefer that Jimbo stays put, but for what we are paying him, we should be able to get someone else who is at least as good. Jimbo is a B+ coach. B+ coaches aren't as easy-to-find as people think, but they don't deserve more than $5+ million per year and $40 million buyouts.

I can agree with all of that. If I were a FSU fan (and every day I wake up and thank Wyatt that I am not), I would certainly prefer Jimbo over the field. Plus I agree that Jimbo is a B to a B+ coach and even those coaches are hard to find. Florida and Miami have both shown that even getting one of those is not easy.

Best case scenario is that Jimbo convinces the boosters to increase the budget for assistant coaches so we don't keep losing the good ones to the SEC and getting stuck with the mediocre ones.

Which coaches have left FSU due to being offered more money elsewhere? Pruitt left for UGA for the same position, but I thought that was more for personal reasons. At least that is what you guys told us when it happened. I do not recall there being a big salary difference, but I could certainly be wrong. Have others left for the same position elsewhere, due primarily to money? Finally how do assistant coaching salaries at FSU compare to other programs?

I can agree with all of that. If I were a FSU fan (and every day I wake up and thank Wyatt that I am not), I would certainly prefer Jimbo over the field. Plus I agree that Jimbo is a B to a B+ coach and even those coaches are hard to find. Florida and Miami have both shown that even getting one of those is not easy.

Which coaches have left FSU due to being offered more money elsewhere? Pruitt left for UGA for the same position, but I thought that was more for personal reasons. At least that is what you guys told us when it happened. I do not recall there being a big salary difference, but I could certainly be wrong. Have others left for the same position elsewhere, due primarily to money? Finally how do assistant coaching salaries at FSU compare to other programs?

Only one I can think of Elliot who went with Stooops to become DC at Kentucky. The problem of late is that we have assistants that no one wants. Of course Auburn wanted Kelly last year.

Only one I can think of Elliot who went with Stooops to become DC at Kentucky. The problem of late is that we have assistants that no one wants. Of course Auburn wanted Kelly last year.
Stoops was the FSU DC, so one would assume Elliot got a promotion going to UK

I think it's more that Jimbo wants money to enlarge the staff. He wants to be like Bama and have a big think tank of "analysts" for coaching positions. Jimbo is an absolute devote of "The Process," so whatever he sees Saban getting, he's going to want that.

The fact that Bama hired Chris Weinke away from IMG probably did not sit well with Jimbo.
https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/...-analyst-might-be-bigger-than-anyone-realizes

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT