ADVERTISEMENT

SEC is playing chess, everybody else is....

A 1 loss bama/auburn or whatever does not get in over an undefeated FSU.... Sry bud but thats already been proven. The ACC has just as many National championships over the past 6 yrs as the SEC. The fact that you believe the statement you made though shows the bias and entitlement. " a one loss sec team should get in over an undefeated ACC team and the only reason clemson gets in is because they beat bama". That has to be the most delusional thing ive heard
It must be tough to only be able to use the past 6 years huh? The SEC dominance started way way before then and has been going on for quite a long time but you already know that.
Just an FYI probably 3-4 teams from the SEC would have gone undefeated with Clemson’s schedule this year.

Always has been conference pride in my lifetime. For the last 30 years SEC has been the best. Fans, teams, universities are insane... it's awesome. I remember Meyer making the arguing fir that game and we stomped The OSU. After that kick off return for a TD... we killed those guys.

It was awesome. We beat that ass and media was shocked...oh a guy named Mullen ran the offense.

Wasn't just us, although we were the most of it. But it was supposed to be Ohio State vs Michigan, because they had been undefeated in their season finale and played a barn burner of a game so everybody (and by everybody I mean the Northern media) wanted a rematch. But instead, Florida got the bucknuts and SoCal got Meatchicken. And we routed tOSU and SoCal routed UM.

So then the narrative changed to "how could these teams have looked so incredible all season but gotten their backsides handed to them in the bowls? Big 10 must be very overrated". Which was the correct answer, btw.

That's why I say it wasn't just us, but mostly us. If we had lost but USC still killed Michigan, then it would have been that the Big 10 was still great, UM just didn't care because they weren't playing for a title. But, had we won and USC lost to Michigan, then it would have been some rumblings about the Big 10 being overrated but they would have responded about "bad matchup" or "bad breaks". But since it was BOTH "all world teams" being humbled within days of each other, it was obvious that the Big 10 had been puffed up by the media and was nowhere near as good as they thought.

Wasn't just us, although we were the most of it. But it was supposed to be Ohio State vs Michigan, because they had been undefeated in their season finale and played a barn burner of a game so everybody (and by everybody I mean the Northern media) wanted a rematch. But instead, Florida got the bucknuts and SoCal got Meatchicken. And we routed tOSU and SoCal routed UM.

So then the narrative changed to "how could these teams have looked so incredible all season but gotten their backsides handed to them in the bowls? Big 10 must be very overrated". Which was the correct answer, btw.

That's why I say it wasn't just us, but mostly us. If we had lost but USC still killed Michigan, then it would have been that the Big 10 was still great, UM just didn't care because they weren't playing for a title. But, had we won and USC lost to Michigan, then it would have been some rumblings about the Big 10 being overrated but they would have responded about "bad matchup" or "bad breaks". But since it was BOTH "all world teams" being humbled within days of each other, it was obvious that the Big 10 had been puffed up by the media and was nowhere near as good as they thought.

The biggest joke was the media claiming that game was so great when MI had to score late to even make it close. OSU controlled almost the entire game. I remember we also needed that UCLA upset over USC or we would have still got screwed.

The playoffs should be expanded to 8 teams , top four from the SEC and top four from the rest of the country . Let them go at it ... odds are good for an all SEC final .

It must be tough to only be able to use the past 6 years huh? The SEC dominance started way way before then and has been going on for quite a long time but you already know that.
Just an FYI probably 3-4 teams from the SEC would have gone undefeated with Clemson’s schedule this year.

The only team in the SEC that could possibly go undefeated and its not a given is LSU. All others would have multiple losses. See UGA getting smacked by Texas last yr as an example. Miss st taking a pounding in the bowl game by an ACC team. Also i use the past 6 yrs because that is current players (with medical rs). No one is sayi g the sec is not the best, im saying the bias and the money difference is stupid. I dont blame the sec for taking advantage of it but i just dont like it for the game. I want cfb to stay exciting. Not have it rigged for 4 or 5 teams. Thats why i dont watch MLB

The only team in the SEC that could possibly go undefeated and its not a given is LSU. All others would have multiple losses. See UGA getting smacked by Texas last yr as an example. Miss st taking a pounding in the bowl game by an ACC team. Also i use the past 6 yrs because that is current players (with medical rs). No one is sayi g the sec is not the best, im saying the bias and the money difference is stupid. I dont blame the sec for taking advantage of it but i just dont like it for the game. I want cfb to stay exciting. Not have it rigged for 4 or 5 teams. Thats why i dont watch MLB

1. LSU NC 15-0 Beat 12-1 OK/Big 12-C by 5 TD's.
Beat defending NC #2 CU by 15 Pts.

4. UGly 12-2 - Lost to 4-8 SCa and LSU in SEC-C by 27 Pts

6. UF 11-2 - 14 Pt loss @ #1 LSU, 7 Pt loss to #4 @ WLOCP

8. UA 11-2 - lost to LSU & AU

14 AU 9-4 - Lost to UF, LSU, UGly & Minnie in Bowl

AU is the only Top 15 SEC team to have an OoC loss, and that was in a bowl by 7 Pts.

This might just be why so few SEC teams finish undefeated...
==========

SEC NC this century:

2019 LSU
2017 UA
2012 UA
2011 UA
2010 AU
2009 UA
2008 UF
2007 LSU
2006 UF
2004 XXX USCw,--- while 13-0 AU went undefeated.
2003 LSU

Out of 20 years, the SEC won 10 by 4 different teams, and it should have been 11.

Reactions: Nicktheslick

I never give a lot of credence to bowl games except the playoff games especially with so many players sitting out now as I think not being motivated can be a big factor in those games. I felt that way in the past also when the SEC might not have had a good bowl record that year.

There is one big disadvantage in college football I think in 2020 with going undefeated and its being a member of the SEC West with A&M looking to improve a lot with their young team from last season. It will be a blood bath probably with 4 talented teams like that.

LSU, UGA & UF go undefeated with Clemson’s schedule easily. Maybe even Bama. The toughest game for Clemson this year besides getting smacked by LSU was a 5 loss SEC team in Texas A&M. The ACC was horrendous this year. The ACC finished with 1 team in the entire top 25. It’s actually a little embarrassing.

Last edited:
LSU, UGA & UF go undefeated with Clemson’s schedule easily. Maybe even Bama. The toughest game for Clemson this year besides getting smacked by LSU was a 5 loss SEC team in Texas A&M. The ACC was horrendous this year. The ACC finished with 1 team in the entire top 25. It’s actually a little embarrassing.

Lol the delusion

Lol the delusion
It’s just the facts. It is what it is. Only 1 ACC team finished in the top 25. Unless you think other ACC teams were deserving of the top 25. Who was the 2nd toughest team on Clemson’s schedule this year. Go ahead and list all the teams on Clemson’s schedule this year that would beat or even be favored over LSU, UF or UGA.

maybe Bama?

they'd go undefeated with Mac Jones at QB, let alone Tua probably wouldn't get hurt against Clemsons schedule.

maybe Bama?

they'd go undefeated with Mac Jones at QB, let alone Tua probably wouldn't get hurt against Clemsons schedule.
I actually agree with you but I was trying to be somewhat conservative and give Clemson’s charmin soft schedule the benefit of the doubt. Bama would have gone undefeated with Clemson’s schedule as well.

The toughest team Clemson played before they got to the playoffs was Texas A&M

I actually agree with you but I was trying to be somewhat conservative and give Clemson’s charmin soft schedule the benefit of the doubt. Bama would have gone undefeated with Clemson’s schedule as well.

The toughest team Clemson played before they got to the playoffs was Texas A&M

that conference is bad I wouldn't doubt if 10 teams from the SEC would win 10 games against that schedule.

mans that's not going to change. Clemson, FSU, Miami, and Virginia Tech are the only real football schools in the conference. The odds of all four of them being good at the same time are pretty low.

thevrest of the conference is either basketball centric or just plain mediocre across the board.

Reactions: seffnergator
that conference is bad I wouldn't doubt if 10 teams from the SEC would win 10 games against that schedule.

mans that's not going to change. Clemson, FSU, Miami, and Virginia Tech are the only real football schools in the conference. The odds of all four of them being good at the same time are pretty low.

thevrest of the conference is either basketball centric or just plain mediocre across the board.
And Miami hasn’t even had a good team since 2003. Joining the ACC has actually hurt Miami. Not only that college football has become such a big money business that Miami can’t compete and not sure they really ever will be able too. Same problem for the ACC in general when it comes to football. They just don’t generate anywhere close to the amount of revenue the SEC does. I think the ACC knows their place and realize they are just a basketball conference.

It’s just the facts. It is what it is. Only 1 ACC team finished in the top 25. Unless you think other ACC teams were deserving of the top 25. Who was the 2nd toughest team on Clemson’s schedule this year. Go ahead and list all the teams on Clemson’s schedule this year that would beat or even be favored over LSU, UF or UGA.

I think you can say LSU, UF, UGA, and Bama would have been favored if they didnt have to play Clemson. I could say the same about Clemson, they would be favored if they were in LSUs schedule. Being favored doesnt mean squat though. UGA lost to South Carolina. UF beat UVA but i feel like UVA got worse as the season went on (injuries and not as much depth). I also feel UF improved greatly throughout the year. Even then the game came down to a few plays. UVA missing 2 wide open receivers for tds, dropping picks, it was a losable game for UF. Do i think UVA is the better team? no. If they played 10 times i think UF would win more, probably 6 or 7 but UVA this yr can beat UF. UGA lost to SC... so anyone can beat them. Hell, NC almost beat Clemson. Difference in being favored and staking a claim that teams would just go undefeated. The Gators have never went undefeated in the regular season. Ever in the modern era. Its a HARD thing to do but you are acting like its plug and play. Its not.

I think you can say LSU, UF, UGA, and Bama would have been favored if they didnt have to play Clemson. I could say the same about Clemson, they would be favored if they were in LSUs schedule. Being favored doesnt mean squat though. UGA lost to South Carolina. UF beat UVA but i feel like UVA got worse as the season went on (injuries and not as much depth). I also feel UF improved greatly throughout the year. Even then the game came down to a few plays. UVA missing 2 wide open receivers for tds, dropping picks, it was a losable game for UF. Do i think UVA is the better team? no. If they played 10 times i think UF would win more, probably 6 or 7 but UVA this yr can beat UF. UGA lost to SC... so anyone can beat them. Hell, NC almost beat Clemson. Difference in being favored and staking a claim that teams would just go undefeated. The Gators have never went undefeated in the regular season. Ever in the modern era. Its a HARD thing to do but you are acting like its plug and play. Its not.
Well considering Clemson just got dominated by LSU I seriously doubt Clemson would have gone 4-0 against the likes of UF, UGA, Bama & Auburn. Honestly Clemson didn’t look that impressive to me against LSU. I thought they would put up a better fight than they did.

Well considering Clemson just got dominated by LSU I seriously doubt Clemson would have gone 4-0 against the likes of UF, UGA, Bama & Auburn. Honestly Clemson didn’t look that impressive to me against LSU. I thought they would put up a better fight than they did.

Lawrence was off, he had a bad night and the only other time i saw that was against UNC. CLemson would dominate those 4. They smacked around a better bama team the yr before.

Lawrence was off, he had a bad night and the only other time i saw that was against UNC. CLemson would dominate those 4. They smacked around a better bama team the yr before.
Well then he is more than capable of having a bad night against any of those 4 as well. It’s hard to really judge Clemson this year when they just played 1-2 teams all year. Last year was last year. Clemson just got dominated by LSU. LSU could have made it 49-25 if they had wanted too. It is what it is. Clemson did not look good at all. Clemson has a good team but playing a very soft schedule may have hurt them this year. LSU was definelty more battle tested. Clemson is LOADED with talent too. I just expected much more.

Last edited:
ACC is garbage aside from Clemson. UK was the 8th best team in the SEC this year, and they destroyed the 2nd place team in Clemson’s division, UL. Then UK faced the 2nd best team in UVA’s division in our bowl game and beat VA Tech

There is no bench in the ACC, just Clemson. All there’s left afterwards are basketball schools and football has beens

Reactions: PacoGator19

UF 28 - 42 @ LSU in a 'Death Valley' night game (+14)

CU 25 - 42 LSU at a neutral site (+17) :p
=====

UF and CU both beat -- SCa, FSU and UVa.
UF had major injury problems all season long.
QB Franks-WR Toney-DE Zuniga-DE Greenard, just to name a few...:cool:

While CU had the same advantage that FSUcks has enjoyed by being in the All-Cupcake-Conf instead of the SEC. They mostly skate through a list of cupcakes, instead of the SEC defense gauntlet, where injuries happen on a weekly basis. o_O

UF 28 - 42 @ LSU in a 'Death Valley' night game (+14)

CU 25 - 42 LSU at a neutral site (+17) :p
=====

UF and CU both beat -- SCa, FSU and UVa.
UF had major injury problems all season long.
QB Franks-WR Toney-DE Zuniga-DE Greenard, just to name a few...:cool:

While CU had the same advantage that FSUcks has enjoyed by being in the All-Cupcake-Conf instead of the SEC. They mostly skate through a list of cupcakes, instead of the SEC defense gauntlet, where injuries happen on a weekly basis. o_O

Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT