ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost

Links to 'Official' statements, otherwise I'm calling BS on individual opinions on what Frost or UF might or might not do... :cool:

Frost very well may end up at Nebraska. That wouldn't be a surprise. Although I don't think he would truly be able to run the offense he wants to run at Nebraska. He won't be able to get the athletes. But yes it's his alma mater. Of course he could end up there.

Got a question why do people say Stoops is too old? He’s only 57 !!!! That is not old whatsoever to Coach at any level and in fact is in his prime still.

When I used to go out and party in Miami during my high school years, I didn't tell my parents I was drinking alcohol and smoking weed and Marlboro lights....so...

don't you know that only one of those will kill you dead

This alma mater thing is overblown. How many coaches actually try to go coach at their alma mater much less become HC there? It rarely happens. Frost might go to Nebraska but it most definitely won't be the only thing under consideration. Probably isn't even anywhere near the top of his list of reasons if he's as smart as everybody says he is.

if we offer the job, and think we will.. it's too perfect for him to turn down, like Meyer's situation was over Notre Dame...

there-s-a-chance-dumb-and-dumb_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

Reactions: GordonGecko
This alma mater thing is overblown. How many coaches actually try to go coach at their alma mater much less become HC there? It rarely happens. Frost might go to Nebraska but it most definitely won't be the only thing under consideration. Probably isn't even anywhere near the top of his list of reasons if he's as smart as everybody says he is.

if we offer the job, and think we will.. it's too perfect for him to turn down, like Meyer's situation was over Notre Dame...

1. Florida is not a hot job. They have high expectations and will be beat out in recruiting by FSU/Miami. Big Ten West is easy, but we are incompetent under this regime.

2. The expectations are way too high. Your dude Jim just got fired and won the sec west the last 2 years in a row.

3. Frost has said Nebraska is his dream job.

4. Parents live in Lincoln and are also alum.

5. Nebraska will give him at least 7 years of security.

6. Frost in HS chose to go to school at Stanford versus Nebraska. Nebraskans hated him for that and that has always upsetted him. If he did that again it would be rough.

7. Tom Osborne will show up and offer him. He won't turn it down. It is like Roy Williams turning down Dean

If you don't think Florida is a hot job, you're insane.

We won the East twice. How are we sposed to take you seriously when you don't even know what division we are in?
Coaches lie. Meyer told us that Florida was the mountaintop, and then Saban whipped his ass and he went running for ohio.

Reactions: instaGATOR
1. Florida is not a hot job. They have high expectations and will be beat out in recruiting by FSU/Miami. Big Ten West is easy, but we are incompetent under this regime.

2. The expectations are way too high. Your dude Jim just got fired and won the sec west the last 2 years in a row.

3. Frost has said Nebraska is his dream job.

4. Parents live in Lincoln and are also alum.

5. Nebraska will give him at least 7 years of security.

6. Frost in HS chose to go to school at Stanford versus Nebraska. Nebraskans hated him for that and that has always upsetted him. If he did that again it would be rough.

7. Tom Osborne will show up and offer him. He won't turn it down. It is like Roy Williams turning down Dean
Ok, but Urban Meyer's dream job was Notre Dame when we courted him and ND rolled out the red carpet for him but he still wanted to come to G-ville.

If you don't think Florida is a hot job, you're insane.

We won the East twice. How are we sposed to take you seriously when you don't even know what division we are in?
Coaches lie. Meyer told us that Florida was the mountaintop, and then Saban whipped his ass and he went running for ohio.
West. Because I dont care about Florida. Last time I cared was the 1996 Fiesta.

UF was Spurrier's alma mater, regardless of where he was born.

Yeah well insta threw up a stupid analogy, go figure

Nebraska will probably get Matt Campbell. That makes much more sense for them.

He made Mariotas name and career and Mariota admits that himself.. The fact that everyone worries about JUST what he's done as a short term head coach is silly and cherry picking.. He's literally taken the worst offense in college football and in about the shortest time possible as a HC made it the BEST and #1 scoring offense and in about every category.. You check out that guys analytics ppg and yards per play, along with development of some no name QB, you can see the proof is all there.. Coming to UF he would be basically doing the exact same thing he's already done at UCF with a dead beat last ranked offense.. Except with WAYYYYYY more talent than he could ever dream even way more than Oregon, along with a defense yearly and recruit the best players from all over.. I have absolutely ZERO doubt he'd do the same turn around for us on offense and just averaging 30 a game at Florida makes the Gators an instant contender with a defense and in Atlanta and playing for Playoff spots yearly right off the bat.. Kirby Smart isn't near the mind in football this guy is and only took the same talent UGa has always had, they've never had a talent problem and he's only doing it with defense and an average ass OC Chaney.. Frost would murder the state of Florida in recruiting and have us beating teams brains in with good QB play and spreading the ball out. If Gator fans have doubt about Frost, don't because if we miss on a guy like him.. We will pay for it dearly if he goes somewhere else that plays us yearly.. He's beaten teams with WAY more talent than his roster already at UCF and teams in big conferences and with good coaching, UCF should and would NEVER be pounding teams like Maryland or Memphis that's ranked without upper echelon x's and o's ability that he posesses.. Period.

go to sleep insta

don't you know that only one of those will kill you dead

Legal weed coming in NJ with new governor. Scott Frost as coach and recreational weed by September should make for a fun Fall 2018. Arrow is definitely pointing up with fat disgraces Chris Christie and coach Mac gone.

Reactions: Husker-NJ
Why Scott Frost as the Gator's next Head Coach?
What Frost has done in 2 years, taking over a winless 0-12 UCF program that had the lowest-ranked offense in the country and turning it into an 8-0 team with the highest-scoring offense nationally.

I have a thought for Scott to consider.
Who does his coaching style and his offense most resemble?
Tom Osborne's black shirt defense, or Steve Spurrier's Fun & Gun offense?
(chomp-chomp)

Mike Norvell - Memphis is taking a way bigger chance than Frost imo.
Justin Fuente - VaTech - making 3.4 Mil and has a 6 Mil buyout.
Matt Campbell - Iowa State has a freakin' 9.4 Mil buyout.
Campbell is my own personal #2, but that buyout's a deal killer imo.

To me, hiring cow-Chip Kelly will resemble hiring Charlie Cheeseburger with his 'Schematic Advantage' offense...

IF it's not Frost, for a more 'seasoned' coach, then I'd way rather have a Dan Mullen than a LAC-12 retread cow-Chip.
But I'd rather go new, young and successful, than with either of those older guys. Gundy would be a better choice than either cow-Chip or Dan.
========

Those that won't be back on the team; at least I hope not... :rolleyes:
Dumbaway, Scarlett, Telfort, Smith, Desir-Jones, Wells, Davis.
I might be willing to give Miller and Houston another chance, but they'd have a 1 inch leash. o_O
And both of those guys will need to concentrate on the STUDENT part of student/athlete.... :confused:

But if the new head coach didn't want any of them back, I'd also be just fine with that decision. :cool:
Plus there are a few more that I'd be fine with taking an xfer outta here... The need for a house cleaning (delousing) speaks to more than just the coaches. :oops:

PS
Dumb-danny is like a ten year old light stick. No matter how many more times that you snap him, and then shake the chit oftta him, his meager little light will never come on again...:cool:

Last edited:
I think Frost is a good up & coming HC with only minimal experience.

I think it would be a gamble to take him. He could be someone that is great, but also someone that tanks. I think it is too early to call his fate in his short career.

Can he handle the grind of uf? The SEC? The boosters? Spurrier?

How long would it take to get his guys in the system to run the spread?

Why Scott Frost as the Gator's next Head Coach?
What Frost has done in 2 years, taking over a winless 0-12 UCF program that had the lowest-ranked offense in the country and turning it into an 8-0 team with the highest-scoring offense nationally.

I have a thought for Scott to consider.
Who does his coaching style and his offense most resemble?
Tom Osborne's black shirt defense, or Steve Spurrier's Fun & Gun offense?
(chomp-chomp)

Mike Norvell - Memphis is taking a way bigger chance than Frost imo.
Justin Fuente - VaTech - making 3.4 Mil and has a 6 Mil buyout.
Matt Campbell - Iowa State has a freakin' 9.4 Mil buyout.
Campbell is my own personal #2, but that buyout's a deal killer imo.

To me, hiring cow-Chip Kelly will resemble hiring Charlie Cheeseburger with his 'Schematic Advantage' offense...

IF it's not Frost, for a more 'seasoned' coach, then I'd way rather have a Dan Mullen than a LAC-12 retread cow-Chip.
But I'd rather go new, young and successful, than with either of those older guys. Gundy would be a better choice than either cow-Chip or Dan.
========

Those that won't be back on the team; at least I hope not... :rolleyes:
Dumbaway, Scarlett, Telfort, Smith, Desir-Jones, Wells, Davis.
I might be willing to give Miller and Houston another chance, but they'd have a 1 inch leash. o_O
And both of those guys will need to concentrate on the STUDENT part of student/athlete.... :confused:

But if the new head coach didn't want any of them back, I'd also be just fine with that decision. :cool:
Plus there are a few more that I'd be fine with taking an xfer outta here... The need for a house cleaning (delousing) speaks to more than just the coaches. :oops:

PS
Dumb-danny is like a ten year old light stick. No matter how many more times that you snap him, and then shake the chit oftta him, his meager little light will never come on again...:cool:

Your analogy sucked.

Get over it.

I think Frost is a good up & coming HC with only minimal experience.

I think it would be a gamble to take him. He could be someone that is great, but also someone that tanks. I think it is too early to call his fate in his short career.

Can he handle the grind of uf? The SEC? The boosters? Spurrier?

How long would it take to get his guys in the system to run the spread?

Scott Frost's (42 yrs old) supposed 'miminal' experience includes:
As some of us know, 42 is the answer to 'Life, the Universe, and Everything.' ;)

In HS,
6,859 yds and 67 TD's passing, plus 4,278 yds and 72 TD's rushing. How strong was his arm? He won a Neb.State Championship in the Shot Put.

Stanford QB 2 yrs - Nebraska QB 2 yrs - A letterman all 4 years and a Unitas Golden Arm Finalist.

He was a Co-NC in 1997 with a 42 - 17 Orange Bowl win over Tenn/Manning. (I like him already) :)

He played for Bill Walsh at Stanford, and for Tom Osborne at Neb.
For a twist, he was drafted in the 3rd Rnd and played FS/ST's for 6 years on 4 different NFL teams.
In the NFL, he played for Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, and Jon Gruden. :eek:

For a college coach, I'd say that he's about as 'rounded' in experience as you could possibily ask for.

As a College coach: (16 seasons)
Neb Grad Assist 2002-05
KanSt Grad Assist 2006
N.Iowa LB'ers 2007
N.Iowa Co-DC 2008 (3rd in FBS with 40 takeaways)
Ore 2009-12 WR's
Ore 2013-14 OC/QB's
While at Oregon he was a 2014 Broyles Award Finalist.
In 2015 he replaced George O'Leary as the new HC for UCF.

~ Did I mention WELL ROUNDED in his experience, as both a player and as a coach??? o_O

And lastly, he would already have the players on the roster right now to implement some form of a Spread offense.

Loaded at WR, TE, RB with more coming in the 2018 class.
QB's
Trask rsSo 6-5 239 4.6/40 - Thunder
Toney So 5-11 194 4.5/40 - Lightening
Allen rsFr 6-3 200 4.7/40
Corral Fr 6-2 196 4.7/40 Early Enrollee
And a couple of pretty good, young W-O QB.
Sproles 6-2 211 rsSo
Ruskell 6-2 195 rsFr

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT