ADVERTISEMENT

Roll Call for Lexington

Bull Gator
Sep 22, 2003
Ill be up there next weekend, be going to the Red Sox game in Cincinatti first on Friday then in Lexington booked room by late Friday.

Anyone else gonna be there this weekend wanna meet up and tailgate?
Let me know bros

Gators are #20 and opening line favored by 4 over the Cats, that's all we got for now and know about the game.

Reactions: sadgator
Last time I was there looked like the first time in my life they would beat us up 17-3 and then a punt return for a TD by Derek Abney called back.. The world went to shit like a nightmare for them right after that and Leak's first start led us all the way back for the win at the very end..

If it's like that again I better bring the xanax.. it was a sell out and looked like the planets aligned for them that day. It would only be fitting 14 years later on my next visit. That was so long ago I was on a visit, and joker phillips was my host as the recruiting coordinator lol.

Reactions: HUBER
So no Gator fans here going or gonna be there this weekend Saturday?

Any Cats fans going to your home game here got any places to tailgate/ or meet up???

We have a decent tailgate - should be packed and plenty of food. We are in the purple parking lot off if Alumni Drivr heading to the stadium. There's construction of the new baseball stadium that's really impacted purple lot, so I've got to figure out where the crew is specifically setting up.... I haven't been to a home game this year yet; as we were down in the Outer Banks for a while

I'll find out info and post our location on FB. Were you a member of Sotheastern College Football Duscussion Group with Swami and 56? Or The Gator Life group? I was thinking we had at one time both been invited to the same discussion group at one time

We have a decent tailgate - should be packed and plenty of food. We are in the purple parking lot off if Alumni Drivr heading to the stadium. There's construction of the new baseball stadium that's really impacted purple lot, so I've got to figure out where the crew is specifically setting up.... I haven't been to a home game this year yet; as we were down in the Outer Banks for a while

I'll find out info and post our location on FB. Were you a member of Sotheastern College Football Duscussion Group with Swami and 56? Or The Gator Life group? I was thinking we had at one time both been invited to the same discussion group at one time
Sounds like you have a great life...other than being a Kentucky football fan, of course...

I was with one group for awhile, is that the one with Ghost?

Yea you can get up with me on facebook or some way to talk about meeting up if you wish, im taking my family since I don't get to see them much or do things like this with them...

Last call for alcohol...

Anyone else decided they are going to tuck neckixington land this weekend?

Im leaving tomorrow morning boys...It's about time I meet SOMEBODY from these boards at least, the one time I get to get away for a game in 5-6 years...

I was with one group for awhile, is that the one with Ghost?

Yea you can get up with me on facebook or some way to talk about meeting up if you wish, im taking my family since I don't get to see them much or do things like this with them...

That was the one with Ghost, but i didn't know if I still belong to that group or not, as Gjost could be an asshat in general.

Do you remember what the group name was?

Also, I'll be up in Louisville in 2 weeks for the big landscaping expo.

Any booze and eating suggestions?

I think you already had the name of it, or something close to it...

I'll post a FB message in both and will monitor responses - our location is floating a bit with the new const so I can't share the specifics yet..... but we can establish comms in FB

Ive posted in both Gator football FB sites im a member of .... respond and we will get you tailgate info

The Galt House on the riverfront has an immense bourbon offering.... once largest in world, but not sure they still have that ranking

Bardstown Road extends for a few miles with great places to eat and drink, and there are lots of places with bands; it extends and transitions into Baxter Ave which also has bars and breweries and chicas

Reactions: nail1988
I must not be in any/either of the groups you posted in or are in, didn't see anything even if it's a Gator group discussion...

I've got some numbers for some Gator fans i'll be meeting up with and the Blue Grass Gator club I guess it's called, probably see plenty at my hotel the night and morning before the game.. Then head to the tailgate near the Stadium...

Will you be in the downtown area or out by the fairgrounds? Louisville isn't massive but getting around by Taxi could get expensive.

If in the downtown area Toast on Market is a my pick for Breakfast.
http://www.toastonmarket.com/

A trendy "hipster" spot, Hammerheads looks like a hole in the wall but the food is amazing and reasonably priced. http://louisvillehammerheads.com/

If steak is your game well you have the usual places like Ruth Chris and Morton's steak house but for a bit of local flavor try Pat's Steak House http://patssteakhouselouisville.com/ but be warned its cash only.

Drinks anywhere on Bardstown Road. The Troll Bar downtown next to the bridge is a good spot as well, actually theres lots of bars downtown next to the KFC Yum Center. Theres 4th street live downtown but its more of a tourist trap type of place with a Hard Rock Cafe and Howl at the Moon.

Diamond Pub and Billiards in St. Matthews (1 of 2 locations). Open until 4:00 am. Pool tables, strong drinks, and live music (10:00 pm-2:00 am) free of charge, 7 days a week. Good pub food and great local feel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT