ADVERTISEMENT

Ricky Pearsall Out Indefinitely

Ocala,

Damn !
Not what we needed. Severe ankle sprain (if thats what it is) takes forever to heal; broken foot even worse.

Someone from the wideouts group will need to emerge alongside solidified possession receiver Justin Shorter. Some prospects to assume that role include Xzavier Henderson, Ja'Quavion Fraziars, Marcus Burke, Trent Whittemore, JUCO transfer Thai Bowman and true freshman Caleb Douglas, among others.

While the ultimate goal will be seeing jumps from each of the individuals listed above to create an all-around elite unit in 2022, that doesn't seem realistic under the current circumstances.

Discussion of our remaining receivers - somewhat critical -
https://www.si.com/college/florida/...ial-absence-wide-receiver-ricky-pearsall-mean

Last edited:
That sucks. The rumors were he was catching on really quick and looked pretty good at practice.

Fast Fraizer needs to spend lots of time on the JUGGS machine to improve his hands imo. Concentration / Drops have hurt him in the past....

Whittemore is a very solid good hands possession receiver.
Weston is the relative newbee I had the highest hopes for, it's time for his breakout.

Be nice if either or both Burke and Douglas could emerge during Fall practice.
Others can step up if they are able, the door is wide open at this point.

As to WR Pearsall going down, it's a minor setback imo. It's not like he's ever amounted to anything for the Gators, or played at the SEC level. He was a nice xfer addition, but the Gator's were not going to live or die on him alone. I was depending on the Shorter-Henderson-Whittemore combo before Pearsall arrived, so nothing has changed in that aspect for me. With or without Ricky, the cupboard is NOT empty imo.

A solid dependable guy like a Chris Doering is what they need more than some 'flash in the pan' would be savior. Whittemore and/or Weston could fill that bill imo. The younger guys will also need to step up, but that's true virtually every year....

I would not be waiting on Pearsall's return, I'd be moving forward with the other guys, letting Ricky try to regain his share of the playing time as he becomes available. “I would say at the receiver position, there’s going to be a ton of competition,” Napier said. -- That's not something you say to an empty WR cupboard...

Throw in the RB's and the solid group of receiver TE's (Elksnis/Keeter/Odom if healthy) should not be overlooked nor discounted. No excuses,
Get-er-done....

Report: Gators WR Ricky Pearsall 'Day-to-Day' With Foot Injury​

Gators wide receiver Ricky Pearsall reportedly avoided any major injuries after hurting his foot in practice this week.

Gators wide receiver Ricky Pearsall is considered "day-to-day" while recovering from two bone bruises on the metatarsal in his foot, according to Jacob Rudner of 247Sports, which the former Arizona State transfer suffered in practice on Tuesday.

Rudner reported that medical testing conducted Wednesday revealed Pearsall avoided major bone damage as well as any ligament injuries, and that the junior pass-catcher will be able to return to practice once Florida's coaching staff is comfortable allowing him to do so.

URMC's reporting specifically states that someone nursing a bone bruise "may not be able to return to sports activities for weeks or months."

Still, the idea that Pearsall could be back in action prior to the Gators' season-opening game against Utah on Sept. 3 is certainly a positive one.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...-report-ricky-pearsall-day-to-day-foot-injury

Report: Gators WR Ricky Pearsall 'Day-to-Day' With Foot Injury​

Gators wide receiver Ricky Pearsall reportedly avoided any major injuries after hurting his foot in practice this week.

Gators wide receiver Ricky Pearsall is considered "day-to-day" while recovering from two bone bruises on the metatarsal in his foot, according to Jacob Rudner of 247Sports, which the former Arizona State transfer suffered in practice on Tuesday.

Rudner reported that medical testing conducted Wednesday revealed Pearsall avoided major bone damage as well as any ligament injuries, and that the junior pass-catcher will be able to return to practice once Florida's coaching staff is comfortable allowing him to do so.

URMC's reporting specifically states that someone nursing a bone bruise "may not be able to return to sports activities for weeks or months."

Still, the idea that Pearsall could be back in action prior to the Gators' season-opening game against Utah on Sept. 3 is certainly a positive one.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...-report-ricky-pearsall-day-to-day-foot-injury

FZ6HwMMXEAUkpBt

Hope it isn't too bad but he was having issues with his foot right when camp opened having to leave practice for a while and then returning.

It sucks…and sadgator ain’t sayin’ it isn’t a notable loss….but let’s get real…Pearsall caught 580 yards and four touchdowns last year. If that makes or breaks Florida’s season, then we probably aren’t any good.

Hope he recovers quickly…
I’m pretty sure his 48 catches and 580 yards is more than any other WR had on our team last year.

I’m pretty sure his 48 catches and 580 yards is more than any other WR had on our team last year.

Copeland 13 Gms - 41 for 642 yds, 15.7 Ave, 4 TD's, L-75

Pearshall 13 Gms - 48 for 580 yds, 12.1 Ave, 4 TD's, L- 26

Shorter 13 Gms ---- 41 for 550 yds, 13.4 Ave, 3 TD's, L-52

And Ricky was playing dink&dunk, while going against total chumps, not SEC defenses....

UF had 8 more with double digit receptions.

Team Total - 265 for 3,304 yds, 12.5 Ave, 27 TD's, 254.15 Yds/Gm

The Gator's team average of 12.5, was better than AzSt's best WR's Ave, 12.1.

Ricky is a decent WR, but he's not really 'All That' imoho...

Copeland 13 Gms - 41 for 642 yds, 15.7 Ave, 4 TD's, L-75

And Ricky was playing dink&dunk, while going against total chumps, not SEC defenses....

UF had 8 more with double digit receptions.

Team Total - 265 for 3,304 yds, 12.5 Ave, 27 TD's, 254.15 Yds/Gm

The Gator's team average of 12.5, was better than AzSt's best WR's Ave, 12.1.

Ricky is a decent WR, but he's not really 'All That' imoho...
Copeland isn’t even on the team anymore so not sure why you even brought him up. My point still stands. He was slated to start in the slot for us before the injury. He still may start. We will see.

Copeland isn’t even on the team anymore so not sure why you even brought him up. My point still stands. He was slated to start in the slot for us before the injury. He still may start. We will see.
Perhaps you should review your own post, and if you then still can't figure it out, ask someone with a better reading comp and a memory that's longer than 3 seconds... 🙄

When Ricky gets it done at the SEC level, FOR THE 1ST TIME, then let me know about it. I'll wish him well for it in the mean time....
We'll see how he does the 1st time one of those fast/strong SEC DB's lights him up over the middle....
🤓

So far, he's yet to even make it through a Fall practice against his own SEC level teammates....

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
Punt Receivers still a battle between WR Henderson, RB Wright, RB Etienne.

Whittemore is still the iG's favorite WR, but the others are all coming along.
Pearsall & Chiaokhiao-Bowman seem to be good xfer additions. But don't sleep on Shorter, Henderson, and Weston, with the young guy working hard for rotation time.

Currently injured Pearsall can be a nice add, but he was never going to 'make or break' the 2022 Gator WR corp imo....

Things that make you go hmmm....

2018 Class
#1 WR Justin Shorter 6-4 226 ***** - Natl #8
Went to PSU, but after his rsFr season, he xfered to UF.

Shorter didn't 'make or break' the Gator WR corp then, and neither will either of the 2022 xfer FNG's. Glad to have them both, but I'm thrilled Justin decided to come back for 2022. A WR corp is never made up of just one guy, no matter how good he might be....
But I can tell you this, if I had to chose just one, I'd take Justin over either of the FNG xfers...

3-star PWO Chris Dorering was supposedly to slow to compete at the SEC level.
But he left UF as the SEC's New All Time Career leader in TD receptions (33).

Chris
- "I may be slow, but somehow I keep on getting behind all of those fast DB's."
LMFAO at the look on that reporters face hearing that response to him being slow....

The iG has faith that the Gator WR Corp will step up to the plate and
getter-done....

Last edited:
Perhaps you should review your own post, and if you then still can't figure it out, ask someone with a better reading comp and a memory that's longer than 3 seconds... 🙄

When Ricky gets it done at the SEC level, FOR THE 1ST TIME, then let me know about it. I'll wish him well for it in the mean time....
We'll see how he does the 1st time one of those fast/strong SEC DB's lights him up over the middle....
🤓

So far, he's yet to even make it through a Fall practice against his own SEC level teammates....

You can take that as WRs on our team now which is correct. He had more than any WR on the team.

You can take that as WRs on our team now which is correct. He had more than any WR on the team.
"is more than any other WR had on our team last year." -- Paco

Feveredbraiins attempting to move the goal posts in mid-stream. Just STFU until you have something worth posting,,, for a change. You're not even good at sucking up...

And more what exactly?
Dink and Dunk Junk total receptions, by 7 over Shorter...
Less Yds/Catch.
Less by double on longest reception.

And Ricky was playing his dink&dunk junk, while going against total chump secondaries, not SEC defenses. Utah's SoS was a joke.

"is more than any other WR had on our team last year." -- Paco

Feveredbraiins attempting to move the goal posts in mid-stream. Just STFU until you have something worth posting,,, for a change. You're not even good at sucking up...

And more what exactly?
Dink and Dunk Junk total receptions, by 7 over Shorter...
Less Yds/Catch.
Less by double on longest reception.

And Ricky was playing his dink&dunk junk, while going against total chump secondaries, not SEC defenses. Utah's SoS was a joke.

Exactly - there is no Gators WR on the roster with him that had more last season.

Watching you two dance together like that, was worth the price of admission here, as big and as expensive as it was... 😂 🤣 😂

The iG's WaG on WR positions & depth:

WR-Z Shorter 6-4 223 rsJr
Fraziars 6-4 212 So

Weston 6-3 212 rsSo
Jackson 6-3 214 rsFr

WR-X Henderson 6-3 195 So
Chi-Bowman 6-0 191 So - JuCo xfer

Burke 6-4 183 rsFr
Douglas 6-3 191 Fr

WR-Y Pearsall 6-1 200 Jr - AzSt xfer
Whittemore 6-3 206 rsSo
Jordan Pouncey 6-1 217 rsSr

Reynolds 6-2 204 rsFr

The 1-2's are in the 'either-or' class to begin the season....
While the 3-4's are all having a chance to move up in the rotations....

Extras...
Daniel Cross 6-0 174 rsJr
William Sawyer 6-1 185 rsSo
Taylor Spierto 5-11 205 rsFr
Alex Gonzalez 5-10 188 Fr
Zak Sedaros 5-10 180 Fr
==========

TE Depth Chart: (12 personal run blockers)

Keon Zipperer 6-1 246 Jr
Dante Zanders 6-5 262 rsJr (DE)

Griffin McDowell 6-4 288 rsJr (OL/DL)
(Goal Line and short yardage blocker)
---
Rotationals:
Noah Keeter 6-5 230 rsSo (OLB)
Jon Odom 6-5 237 So
Nick Elksnis 6-6 234 rsFr
---
FNG's:
Arlis Boardingham 6-3 235 Fr
Hayden Hansen 6-6 256 Fr
Scot Isacks III 6-4 248 Fr
==========

Is Richardson going to be running the ball in 2022?
This should answer any questions along those lines:

"Against USF last season, the young Gator QBdt exploded for 115 yards rushing and 152 passing yards by completing all three of his pass attempts. The performance made him the first FBS player in the last 25 years to rush for 100-plus yards, pass for 150-plus yards and complete every pass he threw in a game. Richardson's 80-yard TD run in that contest was tied for the 9th-longest score in program history and tied for longest by a Gator QB in the last 25 years. The scramble was also tied for the 3rd-longest rush by an FBS QB in 2021. Richardson has accounted for 3 TD scores of 70-plus yards and is one of 3 FBS QB's since 1996 to record an 80-plus yard rush and 75-plus yard pass in the same game. Dual Threat indeed...."
Napier - "Scared Money don't Make Money."

Richardson is a dual threat QB, not a one-bullet Barney.... 🤓

Reactions: ocalaman
The iG's WaG on WR positions & depth:

WR-Z Shorter 6-4 223 rsJr
Fraziars 6-4 212 So

Weston 6-3 212 rsSo
Jackson 6-3 214 rsFr

WR-X Henderson 6-3 195 So
Chi-Bowman 6-0 191 So - JuCo xfer

Burke 6-4 183 rsFr
Douglas 6-3 191 Fr

WR-Y Pearsall 6-1 200 Jr - AzSt xfer
Whittemore 6-3 206 rsSo
Jordan Pouncey 6-1 217 rsSr

Reynolds 6-2 204 rsFr

The 1-2's are in the 'either-or' class to begin the season....
While the 3-4's are all having a chance to move up in the rotations....

Extras...
Daniel Cross 6-0 174 rsJr
William Sawyer 6-1 185 rsSo
Taylor Spierto 5-11 205 rsFr
Alex Gonzalez 5-10 188 Fr
Zak Sedaros 5-10 180 Fr
==========

TE Depth Chart: (12 personal run blockers)

Keon Zipperer 6-1 246 Jr
Dante Zanders 6-5 262 rsJr (DE)

Griffin McDowell 6-4 288 rsJr (OL/DL)
(Goal Line and short yardage blocker)
---
Rotationals:
Noah Keeter 6-5 230 rsSo (OLB)
Jon Odom 6-5 237 So
Nick Elksnis 6-6 234 rsFr
---
FNG's:
Arlis Boardingham 6-3 235 Fr
Hayden Hansen 6-6 256 Fr
Scot Isacks III 6-4 248 Fr
==========

Is Richardson going to be running the ball in 2022?
This should answer any questions along those lines:

"Against USF last season, the young Gator QBdt exploded for 115 yards rushing and 152 passing yards by completing all three of his pass attempts. The performance made him the first FBS player in the last 25 years to rush for 100-plus yards, pass for 150-plus yards and complete every pass he threw in a game. Richardson's 80-yard TD run in that contest was tied for the 9th-longest score in program history and tied for longest by a Gator QB in the last 25 years. The scramble was also tied for the 3rd-longest rush by an FBS QB in 2021. Richardson has accounted for 3 TD scores of 70-plus yards and is one of 3 FBS QB's since 1996 to record an 80-plus yard rush and 75-plus yard pass in the same game. Dual Threat indeed...."
Napier - "Scared Money don't Make Money."

Richardson is a dual threat QB, not a one-bullet Barney.... 🤓
Very deep at the receiver and TE positions. How good they actually are remains to be seen - not only running routes and catching the ball, but AC and blocking. Lots of potential there, for sure.

Very deep at the receiver and TE positions. How good they actually are remains to be seen - not only running routes and catching the ball, but AC and blocking. Lots of potential there, for sure.

Do we have a receiver that can stretch the field and make a defense really respect that though. I guess we will find out. ARs running ability should make some mid range stuff open up easier.

Reactions: gatordad3
I think that Fraziars 6-4 212 So, is a burner waiting to happen, but speed is not the most important quality in a WR, it's getting open and making the catch, (Doering being the perfect example of that). Anything after that is icing on the reception cake.

Reynolds-Burke-Jackson-Douglas all have some as yet untapped potential.
All 4 have a chance to continue to develop and contribute in the rotation as the season goes on...

I think that Fraziars 6-4 212 So, is a burner waiting to happen, but speed is not the most important quality in a WR, it's getting open and making the catch, (Doering being the perfect example of that). Anything after that is icing on the reception cake.

Reynolds-Burke-Jackson-Douglas all have some as yet untapped potential.
All 4 have a chance to continue to develop and contribute in the rotation as the season goes on...

I had high hopes for Burke but it appears he is doing good by just still being on the team. Maybe as the season develops he can show something.

Fraziars had some drops/fumbles early on, but he seems to finally be growing out of that and becoming a more consistent and reliable receiver.

I think that Douglas is the Fr FNG to keep an eye on.
I also expect legacy Jackson to break out at some point.
And Whittemore is still not getting the solid receiver attention that he deserves...

Reactions: gatordad3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT