ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Elon has agreed to buy Twitter

6hj-2pu1kf_t3-jpg.1144756

• Haha
Reactions: gatordad3
It's a responsibility...and it's not being met.

dpi-2414442.jpg

The issue is coming from the schools of journalism themselves. You can't get a degree in journalism from most universities unless you have a certain political view.

Yep....Everybody knows that they actually require a statement of political affiliation for graduation and then they track you the rest of your journalism career 🤣

So Tara has been one of the co-organizers of the Twitter Spaces so far covering The Twitter Files, and I suspect she's working with Twitter now. So the fact that she is mentioning the next one covering Trump's suspension likely means it's coming. And last nights Twitter Files DID include Slack communications.

So here's where we are: What if the next Twitter Files covers the internal discussions the team had about suspending Trump? We know from tweets that the entire content and 'safety' team was rabidly anti-Trump.

What happens if the next dump includes Slack communications about how they have to suspend Trump and how doing so will help 'remove him from power'?

If that happens, there will be immediate calls to send a lot of people straight to jail. And IMO they will be warranted.

Not sure Elon wants to open that can of worms, even if he has that information. Can you imagine what happens if Elon reveals what any sane person has already known: That the 2020 election was stolen from Trump?

• Wow
Reactions: gatordad3

So let's all put the politics in the trash can for a second, mmmmkay?

Let's assume we are all decent human beings. So we can agree that ALL of us are against children being exploited, right?

Apparently, Twitter was not.

Ask yourself why?

Only two possibilities:

1 - They didn't care to do everything they could to stop child exploitation on Twitter
2 - 'Someone' told them NOT to stop child exploitation on Twitter.

It must be one of those two. Actually, it could be both.

When Elon took over Twitter, he said that stopping child exploitation on the platform was the top priority.

That means it was the biggest problem.

Again, that doesn't happen by accident.

So really the only question we have to answer here is, was Twitter acting alone in allowing child exploitation to exist on its platform, or was Twitter acting in concert with other people or groups?

If the answer is the latter, who were those people?

@bradleygator @sadgator are you both familiar with the term 'embarrassed to tears'? I told you this wasn't trolling.

Elton John quits Twitter.

"Good bye Jeane-Pierre, we hardly knew you at all, you had the gall, while Doocy plastered you against the wall.

And it seems to me, you lived your life, like a candle in the wind. Never knowing a safe space to crawl into, when the truth set in. "

Cuckerburg has been tiptoeing through the tulips as of late. The lion has been roaring the past couple of weeks. He's next!
Who’s going to make him? We’ve all known this has been happening for a while. I’m more interested in his campaign donations.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: NavigatorII

I figured we would see this. Trump tweets something that completely destroys the 'Trump incited a riot' narrative that they are carefully trying to craft, and they lost their shit.

After tonight, I think they could eventually jail some former people at Twitter over this.

BTW the 'what the actual fvck' guy above?

He came to Twitter from the FBI and CIA.

Eliza Bleu is such a badass. I sat in on a Twitter Space with her and Elon tonight. She said 2 days before Elon bought Twitter, he called her, said he was going to buy Twitter, and would make stopping child exploitation on Twitter his top priority.

Her response? "That's not good enough. You can't just tell me, you are gonna have to show me." She added later that "I'm done with Twitter'. She said there's no sense working with them anymore on child exploitation because the team has done its job. She said she will be checking in with them on occasion, but she will no longer be working with them regularly.

She and Elon left the Space a bit later. After she left, one of the co-hosts said she wanted to wait till Eliza left the Space to tell this story. She was friends with Elon, and she said Eliza called her right after Elon called Eliza and told her he was going to make stopping child exploitation on Twitter his top priority.

Eliza told Elon's friend "Look, I know you are friends with Elon, but I'm gonna hold him accountable on this (stopping child exploitation on Twitter)". She said she told Eliza give Elon a chance, he gave his word and you can trust him.

I listened to Elon tonight, he's sincere about stopping child abuse and exploitation on Twitter. I'm not sure how sincere he is about The Twitter Files and how much of that is him loving good PR, but he's solid on combating child exploitation.

But this should be the eye opener: Watch how the left hammers him over this issue. And remember that one of the Twitter employees that quit the Trust and Safety Council today was john podesta's niece.

I keep saying this is not trollng. Once you sheep find out what certain people, certain people you LOOK UP TO, have done to children.....

Embarrassed to tears.

Part 4 will be tonight on Twitter, covering what happened on Jan 7th, 2021.

Part 5 will be on Sunday, covering what happened on Jan 8th and the thought-process that went into deciding to suspend a sitting President of the United States.

As I said all along with the Twitter Files, I would be curious to see if internal Slack communications were included in these dumps.

Last night they were, and they were even more explosive than I imagined.

I can only guess what the Sunday dump will include. Monday will be an interesting day in America.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/twitter-files-part-2-claimed-035444265.html
The 'Twitter Files' part 2 claimed to 'reveal' that the platform limited some accounts' reach, but that was already public knowledge — and in line with Elon Musk's new 'freedom of speech, not freedom of reach' policy
Rebecca Cohen,Erin Snodgrass,Kelsey Vlamis
Thu, December 8, 2022 at 10:54 PM·5 min read

Journalist and conservative commentator Bari Weiss published the latest thread, hyped up by Twitter's new owner Elon Musk, writing that "teams of Twitter employees build blacklists, prevent disfavored tweets from trending, and actively limit the visibility of entire accounts or even trending topics—all in secret, without informing users."

Twitter first announced in 2018 it would effectively hide some tweets from conversations and search results, according to The Washington Post's Will Oremus. Twitter at the time said it would look at the way other individuals reacted to an account in order to avoid showing tweets that "detract" from conversations.

The description outlined by Weiss of Twitter's internal moderation policy appears to fall in line with Musk's own recently-announced approach to content moderation on the site: "Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of reach. Negativity should & will get less reach than positivity," he tweeted on December 2.

Insider's Kali Hayes reported earlier this week that Weiss was among a new crop of colleagues that CEO Elon Musk was bringing into the Twitter fold. She was given access to Twitter's employee systems, added to the company Slack, and issued a company laptop, two people told Insider. But Weiss, a former New York Times columnist, is not thought to be a current employee at Twitter.

According to available internet archives, at least some of the posts the Biden campaign requested be removed included nude photos that would have violated Twitter's terms of service under its non-consensual nudity policy. Taibbi did not include any examples of the White House requests.

Taibbi also said the content moderation favored Democrats, citing campaign donations made by Twitter staff, but did not provide evidence that tweets were removed even if they did not violate the terms of service.

So Tara has been one of the co-organizers of the Twitter Spaces so far covering The Twitter Files, and I suspect she's working with Twitter now. So the fact that she is mentioning the next one covering Trump's suspension likely means it's coming. And last nights Twitter Files DID include Slack communications.

So here's where we are: What if the next Twitter Files covers the internal discussions the team had about suspending Trump? We know from tweets that the entire content and 'safety' team was rabidly anti-Trump.

What happens if the next dump includes Slack communications about how they have to suspend Trump and how doing so will help 'remove him from power'?

If that happens, there will be immediate calls to send a lot of people straight to jail. And IMO they will be warranted.

Not sure Elon wants to open that can of worms, even if he has that information. Can you imagine what happens if Elon reveals what any sane person has already known: That the 2020 election was stolen from Trump?
Called it. Trump being suspended will be covered tomorrow night on Twitter.

And for the trolls claiming this is a nothing burger.....if it's a nothing burger then ignore it. Seems it's all you can talk about now.

You're in good company. This will be the topic everyone is talking about on Monday morning.

Unless......the media finds a distraction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT