ADVERTISEMENT

Remember when UCF thought they were the best program in Florida?...

sadgator

Bull Gator
Jan 9, 2002
Copper Monkey 30 minutes prior to kickoff
That was awesome.

intro-1558739743.jpg

Should have taken the 2-1. Their entire program and fanbase were unbelievably short-sighted.

Programs like UCF come/go on the regular in college football however for each program, it may only happen 1x every 40 years.

Think about Boise State in the 000's - they are still riding that train. Houston in the 90's with the gimmick offense. They usually have a couple of good years and you better make the most of it.

UCF should have parlayed this into a decade of good times but instead, the entire nation hates them lmao.

Should have taken the 2-1. Their entire program and fanbase were unbelievably short-sighted.

Programs like UCF come/go on the regular in college football however for each program, it may only happen 1x every 40 years.

Think about Boise State in the 000's - they are still riding that train. Houston in the 90's with the gimmick offense. They usually have a couple of good years and you better make the most of it.

UCF should have parlayed this into a decade of good times but instead, the entire nation hates them lmao.

Remember a few years ago we LOST to a Division 2 team so, be careful what you say.

Can;t have simple discussions around here with some non-Americans poking their heads in where they aren't wanted.

What do I have to donate to this board for the owners to make me moderator of the freeboard so someone can clean up this mess?

Can;t have simple discussions around here with some non-Americans poking their heads in where they aren't wanted.

What do I have to donate to this board for the owners to make me moderator of the freeboard so someone can clean up this mess?
giphy.gif

How come Laker Gator doesn’t berate the Dawgs and Noles for posting on the free board? He should be telling them how he just finished sexing up their grandmother, etc... etc...

Reactions: sadgator
1-AA, or FCS. Not Div 2. But it was glorious. Go Eagles!

They were not 1-AA. They were transition 1-A. They left 1-AA in their move to 1-A, and the NCAA makes that a 2 year process. The first year you go from 65 scholarships to 75, and then you go the next year to the full 85. We lost to Ga Southern in the 75 year, when they had too many scholarships to qualify as a 1-AA team.

But thanks for playing.

They became insufferable pretty quickly

And they were not Boise State, who has been at a very high level for 15 years

They were not 1-AA. They were transition 1-A. They left 1-AA in their move to 1-A, and the NCAA makes that a 2 year process. The first year you go from 65 scholarships to 75, and then you go the next year to the full 85. We lost to Ga Southern in the 75 year, when they had too many scholarships to qualify as a 1-AA team.

But thanks for playing.
So you’re saying jt wasn’t Div 2 then? Cause that’s what the original post was saying. Appreciate you helping out.

So you’re saying jt wasn’t Div 2 then? Cause that’s what the original post was saying. Appreciate you helping out.

No matter what Division 2 would be wrong. 1-AA is still Division 1. You can tell by looking at the number.

1-AA, or FCS. Not Div 2. But it was glorious. Go Eagles!

Remember the last 39 YEARS when UGly has not won an NC..?....yep 4 decades...almost half a century............

That's about 10 years after the lunar landing, cell phones were non-existent...........and you've had about 10 mascot pups since then........LMAO!!!

Reactions: PlutoDroid
UCF is still the best program in FL. They are the only self-awarded national champs, which everyone knows is worth more than any title actually won on the field, they would make the SEC instantly better just because they will bring an extra 600 TV tune ins from East Orlando, and they are building their players a lazy river.

I mean the evidence is overwhelming guys. Clearly this program is above all others. They will be the first 3 or 4 loss playoff team in history. Only reason playoff will be played is because the tickets were already mailed out. But UCF 2019 NCs for sure.

UCF is the epitome of Orlando.

incredibly obnoxious but so big that you’re forced to deal with its nonsense.

Well we can all agree that UCF in 2010(Georgia lost 10-6) and Boise State in 2011(Georgia lost 35-21) was no different. Oh, and occasional losses to Vanderbilt under Richt and Kirby.
No different than Ga Southern? Shirley you jest. That season was 7-4 with losses to App St., Furman, Wofford, and Samford. When Georgia lost to UCF in the frickin Liberty Bowl to go 6-7 that’s when Richt’s ass should have been fired. The let him linger five years too long.

Last edited:
No different than Ga Southern? Shirley you jest. That season was 7-4 with losses to App St., Furman, Wofford, and Stamford. When Georgia lost to UCF in the frickin Liberty Bowl to go 6-7 that’s when Richt’s ass should have been fired. The let him linger five years too long.
I absolutely forgot about the 6-7 season. If Richt was canned that year, who were your candidates? Didn't look like Kirby would have been considered at the time.

Last edited:
I absolutely forgot about the 6-7 season. If Richt was canned that year, who were your candidates? Didn't look like Kirby would have been considered at the time.
i recall a bunch of Georgia folks were enamored with Mullen during that time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT