52.1% - Utah

51.5% - UK
-----
44.7% - LSU

44.3% - FSU

39.8% - Tenn

29.7% - aTm

9.6% - UGly

I know the NIL is changing things, but I’m surprised at how skeptical they are of UF while expecting Miami to be a powerhouse.

ESPN's 'Chance to Win' UF schedule:

39.8% - Tenn
Lol…every year it’s the same thing…

Does everyone realize that in the past 31 years…(since 1990)…Tennessee has beaten Florida a total of 7 times?…

it will take them no less than 3 more seasons…34 years…just to get out of single digit wins since 1990…assuming they win the next three straight…

think about that for a minute….

Last edited:
Lol…every year it’s the same thing…

Does everyone realize that in the past 31 years…(since 1990)…Tennessee has beaten Florida a total of 7 times?…

it will take them no less than 3 more seasons…34 years…just to get out of single digit wins since 1990…assuming they win the next three straight…

think about that for a minute….
Damn, I really didn't think about that. 24-7 against the Vols since 1990. Crazy.

…and ironically, the super team of UGA just reached double digit wins against us over the exact same 31 year period last year….
Spurs gave a ton of ass whooping to set up both of those runs.

Ppl today forget how great the TN game use to be. Early in the year with the loser on the outside of the division/conference and Natty - that was a LEGIT game back in the 90s. Honestly - when they are good, with both fanbases involved, it's a GREAT rivalry.

I want to see how Tenn looks early. If that offense is still improving they will be dangerous at home. I like our chances if the defense improves from the Grantham pass defense.
Grantham's entire defensive strategy was "get to the QB before he can throw it", which worked ok against the FAU's of the world as we could simply out-athlete them and overwhelm their O-line. But against anybody who could block, we got abused. This is the real reason the defense got so bad. Grantham requires a huge talent edge, and our lack of recruiting took that away.

He would be a moderately successful DC at a school like OSU, where they have dominant talent over 10 teams on their schedule each year, but would still be hated because his defense would falter against the two schools with a pulse. Of course, he would have the Instagator-type fans who would defend him because his overall stats were good without really understanding what was happening or why. I mean, just ask UGaly fans, they laughed at us on the day he was hired, and were absolutely correct in doing so. I plan on laughing at the fans of the next school he goes to.

And 10-20 years from now, whenever the Gator defense comes up, the fevered brains will still be stuck on referencing his Grantham shtick.....

Fevered brains, show us on the doll where (you wished he had) touched you.....
🙄

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Are their recruit ranking evaluations accurate, or do those people just throw chit on the wall?

CB's Depth Chart - 247

Jason Marshall Jr 6-1 198 So ***** 0.9855

Jaydon Hill 6-0 181 rsSo **** 0.8969
Avery Helm 6-1 170 So **** 0.8937
Jalen Kimber 6-0 178 rsSo **** 0.9100 - UGly xfer, injured?
Ethan Puncey 6-1 168 So **** 0.9278
Devin Moore 6-3 198 Fr **** 0.9103

Star/Nic Depth Chart - 247

Tre'Vez Johnson 5-11 194 So *** 0.8800

Jadarrius Perkins 6-2 186 Jr *** 0.8860 - JuCo xfer, injured?
Jordan Young 6-0 192 rsFr *** 0.8872 (CB)
Dakota Mitchell 5-11 180 rsFr *** 0.8809

SI Writer Zach Goodall is writing biased or slanted BS articles to begin Fall practice imo....

"With a new start and a new season set to take place, there will also be plenty of changes made both institutionally and schematically within all areas of Florida's system. For the team's offense, specifically, that will undoubtedly be an area of dramatic change."

"Over the past couple of years under then-head coach Dan Mullen, the Gators have operated in a pass-heavy spread offense, with the run game seemingly an afterthought."

From the iG -- This totally ignores the FACT that in 2021, the Gators ran for more Yds/Gm and a better YPC vs monster SEC defenses,,, than ULL did, while Nappy ran again Sun Belt defenses. And Dan's season's opponents defenses contained both teams that played for the CFP-NC, UA & UG....
🤓

Note: When Dan had Trask, he passed more, leading the NCAA in Passing Offense. When you've got the best, then you use them at what they are best at...

However, in 2021....

ULL Passing Yds/Gm - 218.60
ULL Rushing Yds/Gm - 194.2, 5.2 YPC -- Nappy - Run Heavy???

UF Passing Yds/Gm - 254.15,
UF Rushing Yds/Gm - 208.7, 5.5 YPC - Mullen - After Thought???

I generally don't much like it when a writer or fans continue to beat up on a past coach, in a false attempt to prop up a new incoming coach or system... Although I've likely been guilty of it somewhat in the past also, so maybe we all need to live and learn a bit better.... 🙄
But if you're going to do it, then at least get the FACT correct!

SI Writer Zach Goodall is writing biased or slanted BS articles to begin Fall practice imo....

"With a new start and a new season set to take place, there will also be plenty of changes made both institutionally and schematically within all areas of Florida's system. For the team's offense, specifically, that will undoubtedly be an area of dramatic change."

"Over the past couple of years under then-head coach Dan Mullen, the Gators have operated in a pass-heavy spread offense, with the run game seemingly an afterthought."

From the iG -- This totally ignores the FACT that in 2021, the Gators ran for more Yds/Gm and a better YPC vs monster SEC defenses,,, than ULL did, while Nappy ran again Sun Belt defenses. And Dan's season's opponents defenses contained both teams that played for the CFP-NC, UA & UG....
🤓

Note: When Dan had Trask, he passed more, leading the NCAA in Passing Offense. When you've got the best, then you use them at what they are best at...

However, in 2021....

ULL Passing Yds/Gm - 218.60
ULL Rushing Yds/Gm - 194.2, 5.2 YPC -- Nappy - Run Heavy???

UF Passing Yds/Gm - 254.15,
UF Rushing Yds/Gm - 208.7, 5.5 YPC - Mullen - After Thought???

I generally don't much like it when a writer or fans continue to beat up on a past coach, in a false attempt to prop up a new incoming coach or system... Although I've likely been guilty of it somewhat in the past also, so maybe we all need to live and learn a bit better.... 🙄
But if you're going to do it, then at least get the FACT correct!

100%

Are their recruit ranking evaluations accurate, or do those people just throw chit on the wall?

CB's Depth Chart - 247

Jason Marshall Jr 6-1 198 So ***** 0.9855

Jaydon Hill 6-0 181 rsSo **** 0.8969
Avery Helm 6-1 170 So **** 0.8937
Jalen Kimber 6-0 178 rsSo **** 0.9100 - UGly xfer, injured?
Ethan Puncey 6-1 168 So **** 0.9278
Devin Moore 6-3 198 Fr **** 0.9103

Star/Nic Depth Chart - 247

Tre'Vez Johnson 5-11 194 So *** 0.8800

Jadarrius Perkins 6-2 186 Jr *** 0.8860 - JuCo xfer, injured?
Jordan Young 6-0 192 rsFr *** 0.8872 (CB)
Dakota Mitchell 5-11 180 rsFr *** 0.8809

The rest of the secondary needs to be included here:

Safeties:

SS Trey Dean III 6-3 207 Sr **** 0.9209
FS Rashad Torrence II 6-0 202 So **** 0.8950

S Kamar Wilcoxson 6-1 193 rsFr **** 0.8979
S Corey Collier Jr 6-1 179 rsFr **** 0.9525
S Cahron Rackley 5-10 189 rsFr - WO
S Kamari Wilson 6-0 209 Fr **** 0.9807
S Cruz Rushing 6-0 194 Fr - WO

FS/CB Devin Moore 6-3 198 **** 0.9103 Fr - Naples, FL - ND flip & EE
True Freshman Devin Moore has impressed the coaches and his teammates in the O&B game and throughout the off-season, so he could be the next true freshman DB to win at least a backup job, if not a starter spot as the season progresses.

"Devin is the first recruit I talked to when I took this job. He has done a really good job, man," Gators' co-defensive coordinator and safeties coach Patrick Toney told media on Tuesday. "He is extremely mature for his age. He is smart. He picks it up fast, very athletic, has great length. He has just done a tremendous job in spring football, and then continued that throughout the summer program."

The full article continues here:

==========

For UF fans who are used to seeing flags (and shoes) fly at the most inopportune times — anyone remember 15 penalties, including eight false starts (at least one from each starting lineman) in the 20-13 loss at Kentucky last season? — hearing from a new head coach who's a stickler for the details should warm the soul.

Everyone on the teams has heard 'Discipline' from the new staff for the last 8 months. So what does that mean for the Gator players?

The strength and conditioning coordinator Mark Hocke said. "I think the best quote that I have on discipline comes from Mike Tyson. He said, 'You got to do things you hate to do,,, like you love doing them."

Note:
The iG believes that at least some of the players that have gone, were not willing to meet the new discipline standards that were demanded, so AMF....

https://floridagators.com/news/2022...-with-the-d-word-and-needs-to-aug-2-2022.aspx

The rest of the secondary needs to be included here:

Safeties:

SS Trey Dean III 6-3 207 Sr **** 0.9209
FS Rashad Torrence II 6-0 202 So **** 0.8950

S Kamar Wilcoxson 6-1 193 rsFr **** 0.8979
S Corey Collier Jr 6-1 179 rsFr **** 0.9525
S Cahron Rackley 5-10 189 rsFr - WO
S Kamari Wilson 6-0 209 Fr **** 0.9807
S Cruz Rushing 6-0 194 Fr - WO

FS/CB Devin Moore 6-3 198 **** 0.9103 Fr - Naples, FL - ND flip & EE
True Freshman Devin Moore has impressed the coaches and his teammates in the O&B game and throughout the off-season, so he could be the next true freshman DB to win at least a backup job, if not a starter spot as the season progresses.

"Devin is the first recruit I talked to when I took this job. He has done a really good job, man," Gators' co-defensive coordinator and safeties coach Patrick Toney told media on Tuesday. "He is extremely mature for his age. He is smart. He picks it up fast, very athletic, has great length. He has just done a tremendous job in spring football, and then continued that throughout the summer program."

The full article continues here:

==========

For UF fans who are used to seeing flags (and shoes) fly at the most inopportune times — anyone remember 15 penalties, including eight false starts (at least one from each starting lineman) in the 20-13 loss at Kentucky last season? — hearing from a new head coach who's a stickler for the details should warm the soul.

Everyone on the teams has heard 'Discipline' from the new staff for the last 8 months. So what does that mean for the Gator players?

The strength and conditioning coordinator Mark Hocke said. "I think the best quote that I have on discipline comes from Mike Tyson. He said, 'You got to do things you hate to do,,, like you love doing them."

Note:
The iG believes that at least some of the players that have gone, were not willing to meet the new discipline standards that were demanded, so AMF....

https://floridagators.com/news/2022...-with-the-d-word-and-needs-to-aug-2-2022.aspx
Interesting article. It will be interesting to see what happens with 5/6 DBs on the field all the time. I hope we can stop the run.

What a total crock of misleading BS Matt Daze has spewed out there. There's so much wrong and incorrect in that garbage that I won't spend the time to address it all.

I'll just put it simple and leave it at that.

Hey Matt, you're FoS.....
😜

Ouch!!!!!!!!!

We do appear to have major depth issues if injuries become a big deal this season. QB and D line mostly.

That O linemen transfer is probably real good NFL talent after watching him against Dexter in the spring game.

I hope the transfer turns out to be our top receiver like the source claims as we should have a decent group then.

• Sad
Reactions: gatordad3
I have no idea how good this year's team is going to be - transition season with new coaches, new culture, new scheme, etc. But I do think AR-15 has to stay healthy all season long if we're going to have any real success, like 7+ wins.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
While I'm still hoping and praying that the coaches are spending the extra needed and necessary time, on getting Max Brown up to speed as the backup early on in the season, for 2022 and for the future to be.

Miller might be okay for the beginning stand-in, but he's not the future or one that could be depended on to carry a season imo. If I'm incorrect and he is, then I'll be happy to welcome him to the job and give him any props that he earns. I'm just saying what I'm seeing from him so far is not good enough....

Miller vs Brown looks like another Franks vs Trask comparison to me.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT