ADVERTISEMENT

RBG set to retire in January?

GhostOfMatchesMalone

Ring of Honor
Oct 1, 2012
https://www.smobserved.com/story/20...he-us-supreme-court-in-january-2019/3658.html

Not sure about the source, but if she's really facing these health problems, she probably will retire.

The left always praises obama as being a genius, but he totally blew this. They let RBG stay on the court cause they were convinced that Hillary would win and get to appoint her replacement. RBG should have retired in 2012 at the latest.

Now, we get to see RBG leave and Amy Coney Barrett replace her. Biggest shift in power in the SC in a generation.

Reminder: Stephen Breyer is already 80, he may have to retire before Trump's 2nd term ends as well.

Is Obama the genius the left claims? We know the Godmother, Sarah Palin, Al Gorleone, G. W. Bush, Condaleezza Rice, et al academic achievement record while Barack remains sealed. Barack a genius? Highly unlikely.

Condaleezza Rice, Walter Williams and Ben Carson crowds the genius range.

Bill O'Reilly told Chris Alzedo, "Bill Clinton is smart, Hillary is stupid." Bill O'Reilly is correct.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
Is Obama the genius the left claims? We know the Godmother, Sarah Palin, Al Gorleone, G. W. Bush, Condaleezza Rice, et al academic achievement record while Barack remains sealed. Barack a genius? Highly unlikely.

Condaleezza Rice, Walter Williams and Ben Carson crowds the genius range.

Bill O'Reilly told Chris Alzedo, "Bill Clinton is smart, Hillary is stupid." Bill O'Reilly is correct.

To be fair to obama, he made two 'great' picks for SC for his party. Both were young, crazy alt-left women. So you know they will vote hard-left on every case for the next 20-25 years.

Trump is doing the same thing for his party. Two young, originalist picks who will always rule based on the Constitution, not political ideology.

Amy Coney Barrett replacing RBG will do more than that, it will give the Supreme Court FIVE solid judges who will rule on the Constitution. Which ALSO renders John Roberts meaningless. He can go on being a moderate, it won't matter if 5 of the other 8 judges vote for the law over politics.

In fact, if I'm Trump, as soon as I'm re-elected in 2020, I go to Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito and ask them both how much longer they think they want to serve on the SC. If either says they are considering retirement, I ask them to please go ahead and do it now, so I can name their replacement.

I doubt either is ready to step down anytime soon, but it's worth asking.

In fact, if I'm Trump, as soon as I'm re-elected in 2020, I go to Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito and ask them both how much longer they think they want to serve on the SC. If either says they are considering retirement, I ask them to please go ahead and do it now, so I can name their replacement.

I doubt either is ready to step down anytime soon, but it's worth asking.

Yes, but do that in 2019...just in case he isn't. ;)

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT