ADVERTISEMENT

RBG is dead,

Gwinnett,

What was the point in being so cryptic (which for Dawg fans, I will now define - having a meaning that is mysterious or obscure) ?

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, US Supreme Court Justice, died at 87.

TRUMP v. VANCE, DISTRICT ATTORNEY OF THE COUNTY OF NEW YORK, ET AL. will sit for a while.

Since she has been ill with metastatic pancreas cancer for some time, someone on Trump's staff has already vetted several potential nominees.

If Trump is foolish enough to proposes a nominee before Nov 3, 2020 (the Presidential Election); nothing will happen until election certified.

If Trump is re-elected, Senate confirmation will be delayed until January at earliest. If Biden wins, who knows when the vacancy will be filled.

Also note - When there is a tie vote, the decision of the lower Court stands. This can happen if, for some reason, any of the nine Justices is not participating in a case (e.g., a seat is vacant or a Justice has had to recuse).

Politics on a football board a waste of time !

You’re a difficult read. Invite me over to the political board and then attack me for being on this one. Are you a woman?
You created a thread on a sports board that should be in the Lounge, not me. Just another Georgia fan getting his feelings hurt on a Gator sports site, while bringing up a subject not sports related. You're no different than the other trolls who have spammed this board many times.

Things are about to get very interesting.

I am hoping the Republicans will follow the precedent they themselves set 4 years ago, which was to delay replacement until after an imminent presidential election. After all, if 6 months isn't long enough to pick a new justice, I can't see how less than 2 months is long enough.

After all, aren't Republicans super confident that Trump will be reelected and the Republicans will retain the Senate? If so, it won't make any difference.

The way I see it, if Republicans try to push a nominee through, it will show they actually think they are going to lose, despite what they say.

lol............. I'm guessing you are really butthurt the Big Ten is going to play their season,
Snicker at you mouth breathers

you didn’t really attend UF did you?

I guess we did admit dumbass rednecks so maybe

Do you mean when they wanted the Republicans to follow the precedent they set only 4 years ago?
Which was a response to Dems and cloture. If you are gonna try to convince anyone other than the sensitive kb guy that hypocrisy exists in just one party you’ll be here awhile. It’s politics and the Pubs gave the Senate. You’ll get nothing and like it.

Gwinnett,

What was the point in being so cryptic (which for Dawg fans, I will now define - having a meaning that is mysterious or obscure) ?

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, US Supreme Court Justice, died at 87.

TRUMP v. VANCE, DISTRICT ATTORNEY OF THE COUNTY OF NEW YORK, ET AL. will sit for a while.

Since she has been ill with metastatic pancreas cancer for some time, someone on Trump's staff has already vetted several potential nominees.

If Trump is foolish enough to proposes a nominee before Nov 3, 2020 (the Presidential Election); nothing will happen until election certified.

If Trump is re-elected, Senate confirmation will be delayed until January at earliest. If Biden wins, who knows when the vacancy will be filled.

Also note - When there is a tie vote, the decision of the lower Court stands. This can happen if, for some reason, any of the nine Justices is not participating in a case (e.g., a seat is vacant or a Justice has had to recuse).

Politics on a football board a waste of time !
You posted here about politics and wasted a lot of time posting it. That's funny.

This thread belongs elsewhere.
Thank you for sending it our way!
giphy.gif

Which was a response to Dems and cloture. If you are gonna try to convince anyone other than the sensitive kb guy that hypocrisy exists in just one party you’ll be here awhile. It’s politics and the Pubs gave the Senate. You’ll get nothing and like it.

This is what I know. Obama put forth a centrist judge in the hopes of getting the Republican Senate to approve, but McConnell said it was too close to the election and refused a vote. And that was in January of 2016, 10 months from the election. Claiming "The Biden Rule". Well, where is the Biden rule now?

To now put through a candidate would show that the Republicans have zero ethics and zero morals, and all they do is try to take and consolidate power, with no care or concern for the people. If they go forward with replacement, I don't see how anyone who considers themselves moral or ethical can continue to support them.

Here, I have included a CNN story which looks back at those events. I know, you don't "believe" in CNN, but this is what happened, it might behoove you to give it a read.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/18/politics/merrick-garland-senate-republicans-timeline/index.html

Reactions: JIMBO1313
This is what I know. Obama put forth a centrist judge in the hopes of getting the Republican Senate to approve, but McConnell said it was too close to the election and refused a vote. And that was in January of 2016, 10 months from the election. Claiming "The Biden Rule". Well, where is the Biden rule now?

To now put through a candidate would show that the Republicans have zero ethics and zero morals, and all they do is try to take and consolidate power, with no care or concern for the people. If they go forward with replacement, I don't see how anyone who considers themselves moral or ethical can continue to support them.

Here, I have included a CNN story which looks back at those events. I know, you don't "believe" in CNN, but this is what happened, it might behoove you to give it a read.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/18/politics/merrick-garland-senate-republicans-timeline/index.html
CNN. No bias, no agenda. Try again.

CNN. No bias, no agenda. Try again.

Jiminy fudging crickets you are a PITA. You were alive in 2016, right? Not in a coma or anything?

Pick your favorite:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merrick_Garland_Supreme_Court_nomination

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-garland-vs-after-ginsburgs-death/5837543002/

https://ballotpedia.org/Supreme_Court_nomination_of_Merrick_Garland

This is a good one, it's an actual video of McConnell. Probably not biased. Particularly like Lindsay Graham's piece.

Here's Fox News, spinning just as hard as they can, but they put hypocritical right in the title, so...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/what-senators-said-after-scalias-death-in-2016

Happy now?

Jiminy fudging crickets you are a PITA. You were alive in 2016, right? Not in a coma or anything?

Pick your favorite:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merrick_Garland_Supreme_Court_nomination

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-garland-vs-after-ginsburgs-death/5837543002/

https://ballotpedia.org/Supreme_Court_nomination_of_Merrick_Garland

This is a good one, it's an actual video of McConnell. Probably not biased. Particularly like Lindsay Graham's piece.

Here's Fox News, spinning just as hard as they can, but they put hypocritical right in the title, so...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/what-senators-said-after-scalias-death-in-2016

Happy now?

FTR, I am against pushing through a nomination.

OTOH, watching the left freak out and cry about the rights hypocrisy, while ignoring their own hypocrisy on this very subject, is entertaining as hell.

But again, before you lose your ish, I think the nomination should wait until after the election. At which point, if Trump wins, you and your side will have lost your newfound ethical and moral compasses and you will obstruct, obfuscate and embarrass your country with yet another Kavanaugh-esque shitshow.

FTR, I am against pushing through a nomination.

OTOH, watching the left freak out and cry about the rights hypocrisy, while ignoring their own hypocrisy on this very subject, is entertaining as hell.

But again, before you lose your ish, I think the nomination should wait until after the election. At which point, if Trump wins, you and your side will have lost your newfound ethical and moral compasses and you will obstruct, obfuscate and embarrass your country with yet another Kavanaugh-esque shitshow.
Nah, shove it down their throats. They know they’d do the same, and they have.

Nah, shove it down their throats. They know they’d do the same, and they have.

Agree they would and would have under Obama if the Senate had been under their control. They would today if the roles were reversed. I'm just not sure it's wise for the conservatives to do something because it's what the libs would do.

For example, if Biden wins, I don't plan on burning, rioting, looting or murdering.

If the roles were reversed, you’d be clamoring for an Obama and a Democrat-controlled Senate to push through a SCOTUS nominee.

The fact that there’s so much pearl clutching over the death of RBG is indicative of how politicized the SCOTUS has become. Liberals have used the courts to back-door their pet policies on the American people; policies the American people would never agree to through the proper legislative channels. It’s long been past time to put a stop to it.

It should have been done 4 years ago. There was no reason then to wait, the election was 10 months away. and inauguration day was a year away. Yet Republicans were so insistent that it was unfair to the American people, they felt so STRONGLY about it, it's sad that 4 years later the same people are saying the exact opposite. It's just more proof that the Republican party stands for nothing. Their ethical construct is relativistic in nature; they have no guiding ethical or moral principles other than to do whatever it takes to accrue more power. There is a word that defines that stance: EVIL.

And if that's the way you want to be, that's fine. It's your choice. But the Democrats are getting very tired of taking the high road and watching you roll around in the mud. And that's exactly what's been happening, no matter how much you may try to refute it.

If the roles were reversed, you’d be clamoring for an Obama and a Democrat-controlled Senate to push through a SCOTUS nominee.

The fact that there’s so much pearl clutching over the death of RBG is indicative of how politicized the SCOTUS has become. Liberals have used the courts to back-door their pet policies on the American people; policies the American people would never agree to through the proper legislative channels. It’s long been past time to put a stop to it.

Yes, because the conservative court has done so much for us. Citizens United, for example. Boy, that was a really awesome piece of judge-made law they gave us.

It should have been done 4 years ago. There was no reason then to wait, the election was 10 months away. and inauguration day was a year away. Yet Republicans were so insistent that it was unfair to the American people, they felt so STRONGLY about it, it's sad that 4 years later the same people are saying the exact opposite. It's just more proof that the Republican party stands for nothing. Their ethical construct is relativistic in nature; they have no guiding ethical or moral principles other than to do whatever it takes to accrue more power. There is a word that defines that stance: EVIL.

And if that's the way you want to be, that's fine. It's your choice. But the Democrats are getting very tired of taking the high road and watching you roll around in the mud. And that's exactly what's been happening, no matter how much you may try to refute it.
Please stop. Your party wants open borders, free shit for the ruling class, Total government control of our lives. Venezuela is waiting for you turds.

Their ethical construct is relativistic in nature; they have no guiding ethical or moral principles other than to do whatever it takes to accrue more power. There is a word that defines that stance: EVIL.

Haha...something like black lives matter, unless they're unborn babies? As a Democrat, you have little use for the phrase 'ethical construct.'

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT