ADVERTISEMENT

Rashada’s NIL deal reportedly around 14 MILLION $’s.

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
Put that into perspective, number 1 draft
Picks in the low to mid 20’s got deals in the 14 Million Dollar range also. Kyle Trask’s deal as a 2nd Round pick was around 5 Million with 1.8 Million guaranteed. ( his signing bonus ). So, a kid whose never played a down of college football can be a millionaire from day 1. More power to them but, it just degrades the game. I wonder what U.T. paid their Q.B.? He’ll be tearing us up for 3 years.

I will be real curious to see what Rashada ends up getting wherever he ends up. It damn sure wont even be in the stratosphere of 13 million. Even Miami's crooked Ruiz was laughing about that being anywhere near his actual NIL value.

Reactions: GatorinEastTn
Put that into perspective, number 1 draft
Picks in the low to mid 20’s got deals in the 14 Million Dollar range also. Kyle Trask’s deal as a 2nd Round pick was around 5 Million with 1.8 Million guaranteed. ( his signing bonus ). So, a kid whose never played a down of college football can be a millionaire from day 1. More power to them but, it just degrades the game. I wonder what U.T. paid their Q.B.? He’ll be tearing us up for 3 years.
Maybe.

Funny how people assume that a 5 star kid getting paid will never be a bust, when 5 star kids that weren't getting paid were busts all the time.

I also believe that these NIL contracts are backloaded with most of the money coming in years 4 and 5, when most of these kids have already gone to the NFL. I doubt any of these contracts will ever be paid out in full, as kids who are busts will "request a transfer" and so not be paid for the last 2 or more years, and those who meet their potential will leave after year 3.

Further, I believe these contracts are going to cause a major problem with the kids. I think back to how many got in trouble without having thousands of dollars in their pocket, and wonder how much trouble a 19 year old millionaire can get into during a night out.

Reactions: EvilWayz
Nick Groke has a story today that confirms $13m as the deal offered. He specifically cites the number and says it was accurate at least as far as what was offered. He says:

“Multiple sources with intimate knowledge of the contract tell Gators Online it was for $13.85 million over four years.”

Maybe that’s all coming from Rashada’s people, but it’s not a rumored number that just keeps getting repeated.

Nick Groke has a story today that confirms $13m as the deal offered. He specifically cites the number and says it was accurate at least as far as what was offered. He says:

“Multiple sources with intimate knowledge of the contract tell Gators Online it was for $13.85 million over four years.”

Maybe that’s all coming from Rashada’s people, but it’s not a rumored number that just keeps getting repeated.

If there was any proposal like that it was a drunk collective paperwork guy with no authority to offer that himself doing it. Tell them to show the damn proposal and I guarantee you there is no signature on there from the Gator booster money people offering that kid some crazy amount like that.

He is probably going to end up out west somewhere probably getting less than 500k a year.

To me the Rashada ship has sailed and I don't really care now what happened or why or where he ends up. He ain't a Gator, good luck to the kid and I'll focus more on our guys. The NIL is an out of control disaster and UF is behind the curve and they better get it fixed soon or we'll never get enough elite talent to win a title of any kind.

To me the Rashada ship has sailed and I don't really care now what happened or why or where he ends up. He ain't a Gator, good luck to the kid and I'll focus more on our guys. The NIL is an out of control disaster and UF is behind the curve and they better get it fixed soon or we'll never get enough elite talent to win a title of any kind.

Its not great for us because our boosters aren't willing to spend as much as a lot of the SEC teams are. No matter how the setup is or if there are state law changes the effectiveness will always come down to the people writing the checks I guess. I agree we are setting ourselves up for some average seasons (8-4 or worse) in the new SEC play if they aren't willing to at least spend more on top portal talent. I have a feeling # 10 area is about our ceiling in high school recruiting with what the boosters are willing to spend on them. That probably means about # 6 in the new SEC in recruiting. Its a good thing the 12 team playoff is here for the 2024 season or competing for championships might be over very early in the season for us.

If UF were to ever agree to Rashada's demands of $13 million, we should expect him to complete at least 98% of his passes while rushing for 1,500 yards with no picks.

Throughout the entire season.
Reports don’t say he demanded $13m. They say we offered $13m and then backed out. Groke’s report said we offered $13.85 million over 4 years. That’s pretty specific. I agree everyone should move on, but if that offer actually happened, it’s noteworthy, because it suggests that our NIL people were desperate and/or not understanding the market or the process.

I think Bama has it right. School needs to be as involved as possible in guiding these discussions. Can’t let unaccountable third parties just do whatever.

Reactions: gatordad3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT