ADVERTISEMENT

Pruitt fired from Tennessee

Since the Elite-8 2nd season:

C Egbunu injured out in Feb of following season.
C Gak injured and out repeatedly, unable to play, eventually a grad-xfer out.
With several others also injured out across the last few seasons.
This is the 1st season since the E-8, as Co-V screwed up as it is, that Mike's had solid post players.

Mike has progressed as the Gators new young HC, and he's recruited very well.
His xfers have been excellent pick ups all 6 years. (SEC 6th Man Award)
His players graduation rates have been excellent.
His players love him and there have been no 'off the court' issues.
Any SEC conference championships? Any SEC-T championships?, any NCAA Regional champions? An NIT championship?
him having a COY award is great for him, but what for UF?

If you're to stupid or biased to understand what having another SEC CoY means for UF, then I've got nothing for ya... And the point of his 3 CoY awards is proving he's a very viable HC. Having clueless twits say otherwise is on U-them, not on him.

BillyD's last 6 season at UF:
And those seasons were after he'd won 2 NCAA's.
A long time stable and established HC already with 13 seasons at UF.

2009-10 -- 21-13, 9-7 SEC
Lost
in 2nd game of SEC-T.
Then one and done at the NCAA.

2010-11 -- 29-8, 13-3 SEC
Lost
in 3rd game of SEC-T
Lost to Butler in the Elite-8

2011-12 -- 26-11, 10-6 SEC
Lost
in 2nd game of SEC-T
Lost to UL in the Elite-8

2012-13 -- 29-8, 14-4 SEC
Lost
in the 3rd game of SEC-T
Lost to Mich in the Elite-8

2013-14 -- 36-3, 18-0 SEC -- ]SEC-C
Beat UK 61-60 for SEC-T Champ
Lost by double digits to UConn in Final-4
(blew his last chance for glory, never likely to ever win another NC @ UF)

2014-15 -- 16-17, 8-10 SEC ----- AN ALL AROUND LOSER SEASON
Lost in 2nd game of the SEC-T
Did not make any post season tourneys...
His NC's were 8 years back in the rear view mirror and fading fast.
So, he decided to bail out on failing UF,,, for the NBA $$$.... (I don't blame him for that btw)

==========

For the clueless, the UF B-Ball program was fast going in the toilet, not riding on top of the B-Ball world.
Then a new young HC comes in and has to spend 2-3 season showing that he deserves to be here.
His recruiting was slow at first due to that and had to be built up over time, which it has.
He turned BillyD last losers, along with his 1st 2 classes, into an Elite-8 Team.
The last 3-4 years have been marred by injuries, and now by the Kung-Flu with more injuries.
Even so, Mike has still had ZERO losing seasons, overall, or vs SEC.
He's currently sitting at 8-4, 5-3 SEC, and will likely make yet another NCAA.

Name the last UF HC that NEVER MISSED A POST SEASON TOURNEY..... :cool:
Now name one that has never had a 'One and Done' in a Tourney.... 🤓

He took over BillyD's losers and won 21 with an NIT Quarter Final, while not getting the home games that they had earned, due to the O'Dome's renovations, i.e. UF 74 - 66 @ tOSU.
He followed that up with an Elite-8 in just his 2nd season.
He's qualified for the Big Dance every season since then, with ZERO One & Done results.

And oh BTW, he still has 4 YEARS to go on his current contract with a sizable buyout if fired.
You fire him with those first 6 years results, and who the hell is going to want to come to UF to coach?
Ans: Nobody of quality and in their right mind, that's who.... 🤓

Now, read this and then go argue with the UAA/AD/UF about why they are keeping Mike.

InstaFail retort:

“If you're to stupid or biased to understand what having another SEC CoY means for UF, then I've got nothing for ya... And the point of his 3 CoY awards is proving he's a very viable HC......”

well I understand that having an SEC COY doesn’t mean winning any of the accomplishments I previously mentioned.

but obviously as long as UF’s AD is happy with Mike, you’re on board, regardless of outcomes

but I’m not gonna argue with the UF admins about Mike..... he’s 3-8 v UK, so that works for me

Reactions: gatordad3
InstaFail retort:

“If you're to stupid or biased to understand what having another SEC CoY means for UF, then I've got nothing for ya... And the point of his 3 CoY awards is proving he's a very viable HC......”

well I understand that having an SEC COY doesn’t mean winning any of the accomplishments I previously mentioned.

but obviously as long as UF’s AD is happy with Mike, you’re on board, regardless of outcomes

but I’m not gonna argue with the UF admins about Mike..... he’s 3-8 v UK, so that works for me
What's worse is Mike White is 0-6 vs FSU. I doubt he'll ever beat FSU.

Reactions: Gator Fever
What's worse is Mike White is 0-6 vs FSU. I doubt he'll ever beat FSU.

He is also 0-7 compared to FSU in his time here developing his players to where they will be drafted by the NBA. That stat is pretty shocking considering the ranking of some of White's classes.

• Sad
Reactions: gatordad3
Nope y’all are looking at it all wrong. Player development, getting guys to the NBA, and winning actual hardware are inconsequential for a bball coach.

A successful bball coach is one who gets a COY every once in a while and is in the upper half of the conference every year. Your all expectations are just too stringent for happy, mal-adjust.....er.., well-adjusted fans like Insta

Reactions: GatorGray
I hear James Franklin is leaving Penn State for Tennessee? Anyone else hear this? Thoughts?
I think it's pretty toxic at PSU right now, but is Knoxville an improvement?

Nope y’all are looking at it all wrong. Player development, getting guys to the NBA, and winning actual hardware are inconsequential for a bball coach.

A successful bball coach is one who gets a COY every once in a while and is in the upper half of the conference every year. Your all expectations are just too stringent for happy, mal-adjust.....er.., well-adjusted fans like Insta

3. SEC - FLORIDA GATORS (8-4, 5-3)

Right now, Alabama, Mizzou, Florida, LSU and Tennessee are looking good to make the NCAA Tournament while Arkansas is in decent position as well but needs better wins.

3. SEC - FLORIDA GATORS (8-4, 5-3)

Right now, Alabama, Mizzou, Florida, LSU and Tennessee are looking good to make the NCAA Tournament while Arkansas is in decent position as well but needs better wins.

This is exactly what's wrong with UF basketball right now.

Posting a link to an article about a new team atop the SEC power poll should be because UF is the new team atop that poll, not because somebody else is on top and the article also says, somewhere at the bottom "oh, and Florida's pretty good too." The Florida expectation is to be at or near the top, and you need to understand that and stop being an apologetic blind homer.

"Florida's pretty good too" is not a reason to brag, it's a reason to talk about GETTING A NEW COACH.

I hear James Franklin is leaving Penn State for Tennessee? Anyone else hear this? Thoughts?
I think it's pretty toxic at PSU right now, but is Knoxville an improvement?
Franklin is a good coach, but lots of baggage. UCF dude is the front runner.

"Florida's pretty good too" is not a reason to brag, it's a reason to talk about GETTING A NEW COACH.

Absolutely correct little Lizzy.
UF with HoF BillyD established that UF is an 'EVERY YEAR' B-Ball powerhouse,,, because he won 2 NC's in his 19 years. And because of his total fan support, except when they were calling for his firing before he won his first NC after 10 years as the HC.

Are you volunteering to pay off Mike's (4 years) remaining contract in order to fire a HC that is the only Gator B-Ball HC that has gone to a post season tourney every year, has no off the court issues in the classroom or in town? He is loved by his players and his recruiting has improved because of it.
It's also very smart of you to just ignore the last two seasons of the Communist Red Chinese Kung-Flu...

And I've yet to get an answer from you on who you will hire that's better and wants the job if Mike is fired? I'm sure that coaches that have been awarded CoY in 3 different conferences are a dime a dozen.... So, stop your idiot yapping drivel long enough to give me your list of ready replacements, and your buy-out schedule of payments. (expecting more crickets)

Note that YOUR replacement HC will need to be paid significantly more money in order to get any coach that's not brain-dead to come take YOUR job, under YOUR conditions.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT