ADVERTISEMENT

Football Progress in the Swamp: Examining the Offense

Reactions: rdgtr
Here is a sample of what you'll be paying for....
Michael Phillips * Gators Territory.com
"The quarterbacks have been consistent throughout spring ball. Feleipe Franks has gotten the vast majority of the reps with the ones and has looked like the best one out there." :confused:

Franks Friday scrimmage results after getting the VAST MAJORITY of the practice snaps with the 1's was: 31% Completions, 2 TD's, 3 Ints, with a Fumble.

Michael's frail attempt at recovery from the above BS:
"However, he hasn’t looked perfect. He at times struggles with bubble routes and touch passes, and also did not look good in the first scrimmage."

>>> And that qualifies for the UNDERSTATEMENT of the Spring so far!
Apparently 31% completions with more Ints than TD's is his idea of "not very good over-all."
(mine is that he SUCKED!)

But then he seems to finally 'get it' somewhat with this jewel:
" I just don’t see him (Franks) as a fit with Mullen and this new system."
Flash - It ain't Mullen's system that's the problem imo. o_O
=========

As to his opinion on Kyle Trask, the arm strength isn’t quite there.:rolleyes:
He has been good, not great, but if there’s anybody close to challenging Franks, it’s Trask.

Well, just how close were the scrimmage results?
Threw for 66.7%, 3 TD's to 1 Int, and he had a few decent 'no contact' runs.
So yep, Trask is a distant 2nd after getting way fewer reps with the 1's.... :cool:
Michael, you're obviously another phootball genius,,, that actually wants to be paid for those observations and opinions... :oops:

Jake Allen on the other hand is a different story. Allen has actually looked pretty good and made some really good throws throughout practice and the scrimmage.

Finally it's Emory Jones: He has had the worst spring so far amongst the quarterbacks. His accuracy has been off, and his knowledge of the system is lacking right now as well; however, it is understandable. He’s an incoming freshman and it’s taking some time to get caught up to the speed of the game. He didn’t provide a lot at the first scrimmage one way or the other.

Then he offers up Scarlet as the leading RB... :confused:
=============

What I offered up quite a while ago was this: Trask - Allen - Jones
With Franks to xfer out. o_O

But hey, the usual 'circle of jerks' should absolutely love you.... :D
(and they will likely beg you to ban me for my honest opinions. They really hate 'free speech' if it disagrees with their own village idiot drivel) ;)

Last edited:
Here is a sample of what you'll be paying for....
Michael Phillips * Gators Territory.com
"The quarterbacks have been consistent throughout spring ball. Feleipe Franks has gotten the vast majority of the reps with the ones and has looked like the best one out there." :confused:

Franks Friday scrimmage results after getting the VAST MAJORITY of the practice snaps with the 1's was: 31% Completions, 2 TD's, 3 Ints, with a Fumble.

Michael's frail attempt at recovery from the above BS:
"However, he hasn’t looked perfect. He at times struggles with bubble routes and touch passes, and also did not look good in the first scrimmage."

>>> And that qualifies for the UNDERSTATEMENT of the Spring so far!
Apparently 31% completions with more Ints than TD's is his idea of "not very good over-all."
(mine is that he SUCKED!)

But then he seems to finally 'get it' somewhat with this jewel:
" I just don’t see him (Franks) as a fit with Mullen and this new system."
Flash - It ain't Mullen's system that's the problem imo. o_O
=========

As to his opinion on Kyle Trask, the arm strength isn’t quite there.:rolleyes:
He has been good, not great, but if there’s anybody close to challenging Franks, it’s Trask.

Well, just how close were the scrimmage results?
Threw for 66.7%, 3 TD's to 1 Int, and he had a few decent 'no contact' runs.
So yep, Trask is a distant 2nd after getting way fewer reps with the 1's.... :cool:
Michael, you're obviously another phootball genius,,, that actually wants to be paid for those observations and opinions... :oops:

Jake Allen on the other hand is a different story. Allen has actually looked pretty good and made some really good throws throughout practice and the scrimmage.

Finally it's Emory Jones: He has had the worst spring so far amongst the quarterbacks. His accuracy has been off, and his knowledge of the system is lacking right now as well; however, it is understandable. He’s an incoming freshman and it’s taking some time to get caught up to the speed of the game. He didn’t provide a lot at the first scrimmage one way or the other.

Then he offers up Scarlet as the leading RB... :confused:
=============

What I offered up quite a while ago was this: Trask - Allen - Jones
With Franks to xfer out. o_O

But hey, the usual 'circle of jerks' should absolutely love you.... :D
(and they will likely beg you to ban me for my honest opinions. They really hate 'free speech' if it disagrees with their own village idiot drivel) ;)

Well it was just one scrimmage and they can't just preach gloom and doom.

Well it was just one scrimmage and they can't just preach gloom and doom.

Fev, he gave his 'Spring' opinions off of his own observations so far
Spring is already half over and I believe that was at least the 2nd scrimmage.:cool:

His observations and resulting opinions are what I responded to with my post. o_O
Doom and Gloom never came into any of it, so WTF are you talking about dude? :confused:

Fev, he gave his 'Spring' opinions off of his own observations so far
Spring is already half over and I believe that was at least the 2nd scrimmage.:cool:

His observations and resulting opinions are what I responded to with my post. o_O
Doom and Gloom never came into any of it, so WTF are you talking about dude? :confused:

These sites would hurt their business if they preached too much gloom and doom whether true or not. Its one reason we were told Driskel was ready to take charge every spring and camp.

These sites would hurt their business if they preached too much gloom and doom whether true or not. Its one reason we were told Driskel was ready to take charge every spring and camp.

But if they lose what little cred that they ever had with foolish bs evaluations, then what happens to them? :confused: --- The school is responsible for the 'feel good' stuff that's put out, not a paid site, unless you're only interested in getting bs fluff for your money? :cool:

And in Driskel's last season, in the 1st 6 games he'd already suffered 22 DROPS from the receivers. No QB can survive than kind of receiver incompetence, (or was it intentional back-stabbing). :oops:

He did really well at LaTech, after he got away from that team and those coaches. ;)

So good in fact, that the last I checked, so-called crappy Driskel was still getting an NFL QB paycheck from the Bengals.... o_O

Heck, I might as well go in for it, in for a penny, in for a pound...

Scarlet was 3rd, or maybe even 4th behind Lemons in the Friday Swamp scrimmage.

IMO, it was Perine, Pierce, Lemons, Scarlet, with Davis moving into the Top 3 when he's healthy. IF Scarlet wants to even get on the field, he'd better go after ST's with some fury.

The biggest question I see at RB is this, will Davis be 100% by Aug/Sept and ready to go.
IF so, then I see it like this: Perine - Davis - Pierce.
If Davis can't go at 100%, then one of the 4 others moves up in Aug.

The other 4, Scarlet, Hopkins, Lemons, and Clement will be in a mixed bag for playing time. Shake it up and dump one out.
Injury backups, ST's, KR's, or maybe a switch to other positions like WR or DB could even happen.
==========

WR's:
No word yet on the Jefferson / Grimes waivers, so I don't count on them. Great if it happens.

"Van - He’s got great size."
---- Yeah, he's 6-2 195
Grimes 6-4 202
Cleveland 6-2 205
Green 6-1 195
Hammond 6-1 187
The little WR is the 'Human Joystick' at 5-11 194, except for the 4.35/40 5-9 slot guy, Dre.
I don't really see size as any kind of an issue for any of them. o_O

However, about half of them will have little to no game experience. That's only a problem if they are underdeveloped coming in, to the point of needing a year or two to develop. Not a problem.

The Starters should do fine, even if the two xfers are not cleared to play.
09. WR Dre Massey 5-9 186 rsSr (JuCo)
89. WR Tyrie Cleveland 6-2 205 Jr
16. WR Freddie Swain 6-0 194 Jr
10. WR Josh Hammond 6-1 187 Jr
-----

17. WR Kadarius Toney 5-11 194 So
18. WR Daquon Green 6-1 195 So
And because of his talent level, I'm including the FNG.
??. WR Jacob Copeland 6-0 192 Fr - FNG UA-AA

The rest are the question marks for the deep depth chart.
87. WR Van Jefferson 6-2 195 rsJr - EE, MS Fr All SEC
83. WR Rick Wells 6-0 202 rsSo (K-9)
81. WR Trevon Grimes 6-4 202 So - EE, tOSU xfer
Any or all 3 could play if available.

=============

TE: --- Goolsby is finally gone, thank gawd...

He calls Lewis the 'looked good' #1 guy.
Then he mentions Gamble and Raymond, but he doesn't even list Stephens. WTF?? :confused:

Lewis 6-4 235 rsSr is way over-rated. 2017 - 7 for 42 Yds, 6 Yds/Rec
Career 11 for 66 Yds, 6.6 Yds/Rec

Stephens 6-4 251 rsSr - so under-used that it's a 'shame on the previous staff' imo.
Career - 7 for 155 Yds, 22.1 Yds/Rec. Almost 4x Lewis Yds/Rec.
His 2017 63 yd rec was tied with Cleveland's for the longest reception of the season.

Even if you removed his longest catch (63), he'd still have a 15.3 Yds/Rec. >> That's more than double the Lewis Yds/Rec. <<
BTW, Stephens also had a 24 Yd TD reception on Friday.
===========

OL - Guards should be the ones pulling, not the center that has to first concentrate on making the line calls and then getting the ball snapped to the QB. The guard play was the weak point in last years line imo. especially after LG Heggie went down injured.

LT J.Taylor or Banks
LG Ivey or Harkless
C McCoy or Heggie
RG DeLance or T.J.Moore
RT Forsythe or Bieich

F.Johnson and T.Jordan can be backups. They are either inconsistent, or they take plays off, and either way that makes me not trust them. Of course, the coaches know better than me for sure, and so they will be making ALL of the playing decisions that they are paid to make. :cool:

I guess some will always ignore reality in favor of their own factually unfounded prejudices.

Yea. But also Driskel was apparently a practice super star.

In Driskel's last season, in the 1st 6 games (before his benching) he had already suffered 22 DROPS from the receivers. No QB can survive than kind of receiver incompetence, (or was it intentional back-stabbing). :oops:

He did really well at LaTech, after he got away from that team and those coaches. ;)

So good in fact, that the last I checked, so-called crappy Driskel was still getting an NFL QB paycheck from the Bengals.... o_O

Scarlett will be the starting RB but it will be a battle for PT at that position for sure. Malik Davis is the wildcard and how healthy he is.

Reactions: rdgtr
Scarlett will be the starting RB but it will be a battle for PT at that position for sure. Malik Davis is the wildcard and how healthy he is.
It is right about this time of year when sadgator starts forgetting the names of players who are good and/or are coming back...call it age...

sadgator probably needs to get his ass to the Orange and Blue game for a refresher.

ADVERTISEMENT