3. FSU - ACC
4. USCw - Pac12
5. OK - Big12-10-whatever
6. PSU - Big10-12
7. Wash - Pac12
8. Clem - ACC
9. UF - SEC
10. Wis - Big10-12

The other 3 Mags have UF between 13. and 16, which is still a nice step up from last season's 25 or NR.

Robbie Andreu -- "Phil Steele’s College Football Preview is perhaps the most comprehensive (and usually most reliable) preseason magazine." -- And iG has long thought so. :)

Phil says some of the same stuff that I've been saying for months now, about the 2017 Gators.

“This year, the QB (whoever that ends up being - iG) will be surrounded by talent at RB, WR, TE and the offensive line."
"With their favorable schedule (3 away + WLOCP), this team has a shot at winning it all.”

Steele ranks:
The UF receivers No. 4 in the nation.
The special teams are No. 4
The secondary No. 7.
And the D-line No. 8.
==========

UF 2016 Receiving - What they did with their (many or few) opportunities:

Callaway - 13.35 yds/rec - 3 TD's
Cleveland - 21.29 yds/rec - 2 TD's

Powell -------- 8.60 yds/rec - 2 TD's
Hammond - 12.64 yds/rec - 0 TD
Swain ------- 14.75 yds/rec - 2 TD's

Goolsby ---- 9.00 yds/rec - 3 TD's
Lewis ------ 10.22 yds/rec - 2 TD's
Stephens - 14.00 yds/rec - 0 TD

Scarlett ------ 5.75 yds/rec - 0 TD
Perine ------ 17.89 yds/rec - 1 TD
Thompson - 26.25 yds/rec - 1 TD

=======

2 receivers with 3 TD's, 4 with 2 TD's, 4 with 1 TD = 18
Total - 18 receiving TD's

Stats prove nothing.
Opinions will cherry pick to support their own bias, as always...

Last edited:
I still dont get the UF receiver thing. There is no dominant force. No one to draw doubles. I think they have some good and one very good receiver. I just dont see #4. Outsider looking in tho.

For comparison, Steele had FSU o line last yr at number 3 and i dont think we were top 50

Last edited:
I still dont get the UF receiver thing. There is no dominant force. No one to draw doubles. I think they have some good and one very good receiver. I just dont see #4. Outsider looking in tho.

For comparison, Steele had FSU o line last yr at number 3 and i dont think we were top 50

It's projection of talent, that's all.

To be fair, if you have a QB who can get them the ball, that helps too.

We need a game plan that's mixed up and puts players in space, an o line that can consistently pass block and a qb tat can deliver the ball on time and accurately...if those things are better we're loaded at WR. The imo the last two have been our biggest problems... I haven't been to wild about the play calling but players still have to execute plays.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando

Im not trying to be a doosh but who else beside callaway is "very good" or above. I think at times even Callaway drops below that

Im not trying to be a doosh but who else beside callaway is "very good" or above. I think at times even Callaway drops below that
Talent isn't an issue ...if you can't get the ball to them consistently it doesn't matter. Our talent isn't very experienced but there it's there...O Line and QB are a much bigger issue...Cleveland, Swain , Powell are pretty good...certainly for college.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Talent isn't an issue ...if you can't get the ball to them consistently it doesn't matter. Our talent isn't very experienced but there it's there...O Line and QB are a much bigger issue...Cleveland, Swain , Powell are pretty good...certainly for college.

Powell is ok but i wouldnt consider him very good. Dont know the Cleveland guy. Swain is good but that group doesnt scream top 5 receiving corp. U r right tho, in order for ur receiver to shine, o line and QB have to be good. Or u can do what fsu fans do and make excuses for the WR about how good they are at blocking ;)

For somebody who isn't trying, you're succeeding very well.

That being said, any team without a real starting qb can't be in the top 10.

I think a lot of it is misinterpretation. You cant hear the tone. The only person i am openly dooshy to is gator numbers becuz he is a lossr and wants us to treat him like a king. Not gunna happen. I also dont take advice from pothead drug dealers who r so whacked out that they think they can outrun CJ Spiller

I think a lot of it is misinterpretation. You cant hear the tone. The only person i am openly dooshy to is gator numbers becuz he is a lossr and wants us to treat him like a king. Not gunna happen. I also dont take advice from pothead drug dealers who r so whacked out that they think they can outrun CJ Spiller

This single post just summed multiple threads and back and forth a between the two for the last month or so.

I wouldn't mind if Powell never saw the field. If you are going to be 150 lbs, you better be elusive. He hasn't really shown the ability to get open or make defenders miss after the catch. He plays hard, but I hope we have better options this year, such as Massey.

This single post just summed multiple threads and back and forth a between the two for the last month or so.

I want to like him.... I jus cant stand his mentality. He thinks way too highly of himself. Difference is i know i am high up. He thinks it ;)

I want to like him.... I jus cant stand his mentality. He thinks way too highly of himself. Difference is i know i am high up. He thinks it ;)

Yes, you feel so good about yourself, that you're in every thread, regardless of topic, blathering on to complete strangers about how smart and successful you are and how many chicks you "slayed" back in college. Definitely the actions of a very secure individual.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Yes, you feel so good about yourself, that you're in every thread, regardless of topic, blathering on to complete strangers about how smart and successful you are and how many chicks you "slayed" back in college. Definitely the actions of a very secure individual.

Here comes the lib.

Reactions: TennesseeGator

When ur a beast like me, how coukd u not feel good about urself. Now go to another rally and cry about something else lib

We need a game plan that's mixed up and puts players in space, an o line that can consistently pass block and a qb tat can deliver the ball on time and accurately...if those things are better we're loaded at WR. The imo the last two have been our biggest problems... I haven't been to wild about the play calling but players still have to execute plays.

I didn't have any trouble seeing where Phil was coming from, but then I'm a long time Gator homer,,, so there you go.... :cool:
I don't have a clue what any of these stats mean, if anything, but here they are anyway... ;)

Zaire --- 152, 56.6% for 10.7 yds/att - Not the starter for the 4-8 nuttless.
Franks - 231, 58.9% for 12.0 yds/att - How much can one flip buy you?
Del Rio - 255, 70.1% for 8.9 yds/att (mostly dink & dunk junk throws)
Toney -- 252, 70.6% for 11.5 yds/att - He can actually both run and throw.
Trask --- 161, 73.3% for 15.4 yds/att,(17 TD's, 0 Ints, L-87 Yd TD)
Highest completion % and the most Yds/Att, but the only important thing about him as a QB, is that he was not the starter for his HS. What he actually did on the field does not matter at all.... :rolleyes:

WR Massey - 26.1 yds/rec - Slot WR
~ Massey also had 452 rushing yards on 59 carries (7.7 ypc.)
WR Cleveland -21.29 yds/rec
WR Swain ------ 14.75 yds/rec
TE Stephens -- 14.00 yds/rec
RB Perine ------ 17.89 yds/rec
RB Thompson - 26.25 yds/rec

Now you get these as possible Fr adds to the 2017 playing roster:

QB/WR Kadarius Toney 5-11 180 - QB-DT, WR, RB, CB, KR, PR, etc.
WR Daquon Green 6-1 187 - 19.6 yds/rec
WR James Robinson 6-4 205 - 19.9 yds/rec
TE Kemore Gamble 6-3 241 - 12.3 yds/rec
RB Malik Davis 5-11 195 - Great hands, few receptions because 11.5 ypc.
~ That was by just handing it to him, so why take a chance on a pass. He should get more receiving chances at the next level.
RB Adarius Lemons 6-0 200 - Limited Sr reps, but he can catch the ball.
Now throw in the best and deepest OL in the last 6-8 years. :cool:

The above post should be summarized as:

"Im a long time Florida Fan, (I saw Spurrier when he was a player) so I know better than you twits.

Let me show you some numbers. These numbers will insinuate that people who have actually played in college are not as good as some who has never taken a snap in college, but DID play two series a game for his high school team back in 2015. Now, I'm not going to acknowledge the differences there, because I'd like you to believe what I believe, so trust me. Because I'm old and smarter than you."

Again and again, I can see better every day why that girl dumped your loser azz, and why she knew that almost anyone would make a better father for her daughter... :cool:

Again and again, I can see better every day why that girl dumped your loser azz, and why she knew that almost anyone would make a better father for her daughter... :cool:

You enjoy this line of, what I assume you consider to be, a firm of humiliating me and opening a wound.

It insults me on the same level as if you were to say "you should be ashamed for not liking mayonnaise slathered on everything. What a loser you are. Real men bathe in mayo, just like my elderly wife and I do."

Reactions: dakid_0812
dunnygoater, I have to give you some credit,,, you bring boring to a new level with virtually every new post.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I didn't have any trouble seeing where Phil was coming from, but then I'm a long time Gator homer,,, so there you go.... :cool:
I don't have a clue what any of these stats mean, if anything, but here they are anyway... ;)

Zaire --- 152, 56.6% for 10.7 yds/att - Not the starter for the 4-8 nuttless.
Franks - 231, 58.9% for 12.0 yds/att - How much can one flip buy you?
Del Rio - 255, 70.1% for 8.9 yds/att (mostly dink & dunk junk throws)
Toney -- 252, 70.6% for 11.5 yds/att - He can actually both run and throw.
Trask --- 161, 73.3% for 15.4 yds/att,(17 TD's, 0 Ints, L-87 Yd TD)
Highest completion % and the most Yds/Att, but the only important thing about him as a QB, is that he was not the starter for his HS. What he actually did on the field does not matter at all.... :rolleyes:

WR Massey - 26.1 yds/rec - Slot WR
~ Massey also had 452 rushing yards on 59 carries (7.7 ypc.)
WR Cleveland -21.29 yds/rec
WR Swain ------ 14.75 yds/rec
TE Stephens -- 14.00 yds/rec
RB Perine ------ 17.89 yds/rec
RB Thompson - 26.25 yds/rec

Now you get these as possible Fr adds to the 2017 playing roster:

QB/WR Kadarius Toney 5-11 180 - QB-DT, WR, RB, CB, KR, PR, etc.
WR Daquon Green 6-1 187 - 19.6 yds/rec
WR James Robinson 6-4 205 - 19.9 yds/rec
TE Kemore Gamble 6-3 241 - 12.3 yds/rec
RB Malik Davis 5-11 195 - Great hands, few receptions because 11.5 ypc.
~ That was by just handing it to him, so why take a chance on a pass. He should get more receiving chances at the next level.
RB Adarius Lemons 6-0 200 - Limited Sr reps, but he can catch the ball.
Now throw in the best and deepest OL in the last 6-8 years. :cool:

Mac is a master evaluator, star rankings mean nothing.

Mac is a moron because he has Trask behind Zaire and Franks.

Sentiments of the same person. Need we really go any further

The best in College Football Mags is Phil Steele -- His Preseason Poll:

1. UA - SEC
2. tOSU - Big10-12
3. FSU - ACC
4. USCw - Pac12
5. OK - Big12-10-whatever
6. PSU - Big10-12
7. Wash - Pac12
8. Clem - ACC
9. UF - SEC
10. Wis - Big10-12

The other 3 Mags have UF between 13. and 16, which is still a nice step up from last season's 25 or NR.

Robbie Andreu -- "Phil Steele’s College Football Preview is perhaps the most comprehensive (and usually most reliable) preseason magazine." -- And iG has long thought so. :)

Phil says some of the same stuff that I've been saying for months now, about the 2017 Gators.

“This year, the QB (whoever that ends up being - iG) will be surrounded by talent at RB, WR, TE and the offensive line."
"With their favorable schedule (3 away + WLOCP), this team has a shot at winning it all.”

Steele ranks:
The UF receivers No. 4 in the nation.
The special teams are No. 4
The secondary No. 7.
And the D-line No. 8.
==========

UF 2016 Receiving - What they did with their (many or few) opportunities:

Callaway - 13.35 yds/rec - 3 TD's
Cleveland - 21.29 yds/rec - 2 TD's

Powell -------- 8.60 yds/rec - 2 TD's
Hammond - 12.64 yds/rec - 0 TD
Swain ------- 14.75 yds/rec - 2 TD's

Goolsby ---- 9.00 yds/rec - 3 TD's
Lewis ------ 10.22 yds/rec - 2 TD's
Stephens - 14.00 yds/rec - 0 TD

Scarlett ------ 5.75 yds/rec - 0 TD
Perine ------ 17.89 yds/rec - 1 TD
Thompson - 26.25 yds/rec - 1 TD

=======

2 receivers with 3 TD's, 4 with 2 TD's, 4 with 1 TD = 18
Total - 18 receiving TD's

Stats prove nothing.
Opinions will cherry pick to support their own bias, as always...

Steele is still the best...but man he does too much self promoting...and he did the unpardonable thing that begins to kill all magazines. Especially one that I paid $13 for...he referred you to his website.

Phil...I pay extra because I like it all in one place without having to stare at a !@$! Screen. Question is will he jump the shark next year?

Reactions: sadgator
I stopped buying the rags years ago, though I will pick up one occasionally to look at if I'm bored and it's there...

I usually already know more about my team than the rags do, and I'm not really interested in the other 128 teams...

You also gotta love comparing completion rates in high school, and from a part time player at that, to completion rates in college. I would say I'm surprised but this is the same idiot who thinks he found legitimate pics of alien space ships on Pinterest so...

No michi, you're the moe-ron, Mc-Nuss are just confused, or maybe they are holding to a bad idea flip promise... :oops:

These are the incontrovertible facts of this situation,,, imo:

DC Shannon was at Manvel looking to eval a DB.
He watched Trask and told Nuss that he needed to see this kid play. o_O

OC Nuss went to see him and asked him to come to UF's FNL's. o_O
Nuss said that he was as good as any 5 Star QB that he'd seen. o_O
Trask came to FNL's so that both Nuss and Mc could eval him.
HC Mc agreed with Nuss and offered Kyle a ship. o_O
His HS coach has gushed about his talent level to the media.o_O

Since then, he has been left to rot as a no talent scrub,,, but I'm the one that's clueless (after watching his film for myself) about talent levels???
And JMOHO's of course, but he's been the best performing QB in the last 2 Spring games, when all factors are considered, but whatever... :rolleyes:

If a white skinned person likes a white QB, then he's always a racist.
If a black skinned person likes a black QB, then he's just correct.
Because everyone knows that only white skinned people can be racist. :rolleyes:
It must be that having white skin alters how the brain functions... :confused:

And the fact that I supported a solely white team for years, but never decreased my support while it has transitioned to a vast majority black team doesn't come into the thinking of anyone, because I'm a racist anyway, no matter what the actual facts might be... :cool:

I stopped buying the rags years ago, though I will pick up one occasionally to look at if I'm bored and it's there...

I usually already know more about my team than the rags do, and I'm not really interested in the other 128 teams...

Yep. My wife shops at books a million or whatever the hell that place is called. I go pick of the mag for 30 min, read thru FSU's and look at CLEM, UF, MIAMI, and some other school we play(bama) but normally when i read the FSU part, i find myself saying, "thats not true" quite often.

Im a pothead although I haven't smoked in years and not a single post has been "crazy whacked out " from a drug that is harmless induced.. But it's so addictive, no way i could have just stopped all this time without any professional help, i mean doing that could kill you.

If Cannabis really killed those that use it, then there would be a serious drop in the number of lawyers, judges, politicians, and law enforcement individuals in this country, and that's a stoned-cold fact! o_O

How did a Phil Steele thread turn into a "Is weed harmful?" Thread?

Or better yet "I'm not a racist because..."

This one thread saw a...

Danny/Insta
Insta/Oozie
Mets/#'s
FSU#'s/The real #'s
Melee

Lol you guys are crazy. Every last one of you. Y'all need a straight jacket.

Well not sad or Michi. Those two you would think would be crazy. One lives where it's nice weather 7 days a year and the other gets laid maybe 7 days a year by his wife.

:D

Reactions: instaGATOR
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT