ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers for Mac…

1aJW.gif

My dad had epilepsy for almost his entire life, and passed away by a suspected heart attack in the middle of one.

For Mac to have been hospitalized it must have been a very big episode.
For my dad, at least, a change in medication can cause seizures. My dad's doctors would frequently change his medication even when he wasn't having seizures......and the changes caused seizures.

It's possible that Mac might have had a change in his medication.

Hope all is well. I would like to see him come back as a guest of a football game if he's ever in that position of availability. Hopefully, enough time has passed that the fans would embrace that.

Last edited:
Reactions: fsu939913
My dad had epilepsy for almost his entire life, and passed away by a suspected heart attack in the middle of one.

For Mac to have been hospitalized it must have been a very big episode.
For my dad, at least, a change in medication can cause seizures. My dad's doctors would frequently change his medication even when he wasn't having seizures......and the changes caused seizures.

It's possible that Mac might have had a change in his medication.

Hope all is well. I would like to see him come back as a guest of a football game if he's ever in that position of availability. Hopefully, enough time has passed that the fans would embrace that.
That would be pretty neat. But only if he wears his sunglasses on a cloudy day, brings in another shipment of BBQ sauce, and serves up his gourmet hot dogs.

Oh and definitely bring the sticks of gum. He can bring Luke Del Rio with him if he pleases.

Last edited:
He's not coaching? Just sitting in the stands? No issues with that.

But after being fired for making up death threats, I just don't see him embracing UF at any point in the future.
True

I will tip my hat to him now though. Since the inception of the SECCG he is one of 3 UF coaches to make the game multiple times.

Reactions: sadgator
Mac never belonged here. He was a weirdo, but he wasn’t a bad guy.
You should hear the interview that Mick Hubert just recently had. He said McElwain was the only head coach in any of the sports during his time at UF that he butted heads with. I think Mac was just very quirky and weird like you said. He didn’t handle pressure well. Hubert was especially complimentary of Billy D. Who by the way IMO Billy D is the best college coach that this state has ever had.

Last edited:
Reactions: sadgator
If his team doesn't beat a 1-5 Akron team, Butters 1-5 team may end up 1-11 with their only win vs Bucknell.

Reactions: PacoGator19
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT