ADVERTISEMENT

Please leave Malik Davis in Texas

Turnover was huge, but reality is we will need to score 40+ every game to win. The 3 and out was a problem that sent our already gassed D back on the field.

Very true but since 2017 Davis has done nothing but fumble. He just went to dead last on the depth chart and should never receive a carry again. Play the walk ons before him.

The phrase “the defense has to do its job” has never and will never be an excuse for a RB fumbling.

Davis f*cked up at a critical moment. There need to be consequences.
Not making any excuse. There are at least a dozen other plays in this game where if the gators make the play this game is different. (Most were on the defensive side)

I really at the start didnt want to give this perspective because I have Gator fans in my family. The Gator lines got wore down. Jimbo executed his game plan perfectly. (For Once) This will be what other teams plan for. Wear down the lines.

I really at the start didnt want to give this perspective because I have Gator fans in my family. The Gator lines got wore down. Jimbo executed his game plan perfectly. (For Once) This will be what other teams plan for. Wear down the lines.
Not on offense. We only punted once. We were still effectively moving the ball. Our D gave up scoring drives on all 3 first half AM drives. No wearing anything down. We are just plain bad on D from start to finish. Won't be our last loss.

I honestly didn't see the OL get wore down. They protected Trask for the most part. The run game gained positive yards late. The OL didn't fumble the ball though

OL was money.

DL was crap.
The defense was SHIT period. Everyone has a turnover or two. This ain't on the O. I'm 64 years old and I seriously do not remember such a shitty defense in my life long long following of the mighty FL Gators. We've suffered through many bad teams but the defense was always, ALWAYS respectable, This bunch is a sham, a halloween horror never seen before this season.

Reactions: gatordad3
Jimbo followed the script set by Muschamp last week in the sec half . Only difference is A&M was within striking distance.

Every dang offensive skilled position players is taught by at least 7th grade in that situation (under 4 minutes left, game tied, decent field position) to protect the ball at all costs.

We were damn close to our placekickers range. He already gained positive yards. At worse we would have had to punt it away deep into their territory. Stupid fumble. Hold the ball with two damn hands.

Davis doesn’t fumble we win!
True, but it’s never one play that loses a game at the end. If we make the stop on their 4th down td we win. If we don’t let them hit a 50 yard bomb to tie it we win. If we get one more stop on defense we win. If they review the fumble in the end zone. I’m sure the kid feels terrible, but it shouldn’t be the case that one mistake by the offense is enough to lose us the game. Davis player hard and you have to feel for him making that mistake. I put this one much more on the defense. They have let us down this whole season.

Every dang offensive skilled position players is taught by at least 7th grade in that situation (under 4 minutes left, game tied, decent field position) to protect the ball at all costs.

We were damn close to our placekickers range. He already gained positive yards. At worse we would have had to punt it away deep into their territory. Stupid fumble. Hold the ball with two damn hands.
Again, true, but I have no confidence that our defense would have even stopped a Hail Mary on the last play of the game. That’s why this one hurts so much, bc the offense very nearly won it single handedly. Hats off to McPherson too. Every unit has been playing really well except this defense.

True, but it’s never one play that loses a game at the end. If we make the stop on their 4th down td we win. If we don’t let them hit a 50 yard bomb to tie it we win. If we get one more stop on defense we win. If they review the fumble in the end zone. I’m sure the kid feels terrible, but it shouldn’t be the case that one mistake by the offense is enough to lose us the game. Davis player hard and you have to feel for him making that mistake. I put this one much more on the defense. They have let us down this whole season.

The D was absolutely atrocious. But we were driving for the win and Davis once again fumbledjust like he has his entire career. Some mistakes are simply unacceptable.

The D was absolutely atrocious. But we were driving for the win and Davis once again fumbledjust like he has his entire career. Some mistakes are simply unacceptable.
I agree. He’s had an issue with it for awhile now. This one cost us. Maybe this will be the thing that helps him focus on the issue and get it fixed. He does so much well and has made some great plays for us but the turnovers cost us big time.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I agree. He’s had an issue with it for awhile now. This one cost us. Maybe this will be the thing that helps him focus on the issue and get it fixed. He does so much well and has made some great plays for us but the turnovers cost us big time.

I highly doubt it. He almost cost us the UT game in 2017 and has been fumbling since. He is simply not a RB, just an athlete. Two hands on the football ala Ciatrick Fason is a foreign concept to him.

I highly doubt it. He almost cost us the UT game in 2017 and has been fumbling since. He is simply not a RB, just an athlete. Two hands on the football ala Ciatrick Fason is a foreign concept to him.
Yeah, that Tennessee game was the first thing that popped in my mind. Didn’t he fumble against them last year as well? Or am I remembering that wrong? Maybe bc he hasn’t actually cost us a game yet this one might sink in. I’m hopeful bc he does some good things on the field and he can be an effective weapon, but I can’t say you’re wrong about him at all.

Yeah, that Tennessee game was the first thing that popped in my mind. Didn’t he fumble against them last year as well? Or am I remembering that wrong? Maybe bc he hasn’t actually cost us a game yet this one might sink in. I’m hopeful bc he does some good things on the field and he can be an effective weapon, but I can’t say you’re wrong about him at all.

Again, if he’s not fumbling he is injured. Tough career so far. But this is his 4th year at UF. You cannot feed the media suff about how you are healed and hungry and then fumble and cost your team the game at the most important juncture of your career. You cannot ask for the spotlight and then melt down in it.

Again, if he’s not fumbling he is injured. Tough career so far. But this is his 4th year at UF. You cannot feed the media suff about how you are healed and hungry and then fumble and cost your team the game at the most important juncture of your career. You cannot ask for the spotlight and then melt down in it.
I can’t disagree with you. Ball security is as important as any quality a back can have. It doesn’t matter if you’re shifty or have pull away speed if you put the ball on the ground

Please leave Malik Davis in Texas.
Seriously Malik, way to f*ck up!!!!
If he’s not injured he is fumbling.

His career in the view of a nutshell.
🥴

Texas A&M converted on 12 of 15 3rd downs Saturday, including a key third-and-eight from UF's 35 on its game-winning drive. Aggies quarterback Mond connected with Chase Lane for a 16-yard gain.

Davis had his best game since rushing for 97 yards against the Aggies in 2017. He caught three passes for 73 yards (24.3 yds/rec) and added 21 rushing yards for 94 total yards,,,, and one fumble. (even E.Smith fumbled occasionally)

The game ended with the shitty defense giving up 41 points, including the final drive to a short FG.

Blaming the loss on Davis is gross stupidity.
JMOHO's of course...

Reactions: TheGinge
This loss is on the horrible defense. Third straight game of underperforming.
Bad timing for Davis...he was having a good game. Our defense lost this game...40 points? I had to listen to the last quarter on the radio but I think they punted only 1 time. We got killed on 3rd down...they pretty much did whatever they wanted to our defense. Never would have thought that we would look like this on D.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT