ADVERTISEMENT

Brittney Griner sentenced to 9 years. She better pray for that prisoner swap.

Umm...your logic is still failing.

1. Trump didn't make a stupid trade when Whelan was arrested.

2. A similar ridiculous trade for Whelan wasn't made by this administration...because, at least partly, Whelan didn't check the same boxes.

3. It doesn't matter who was president when Whelan was arrested. The topic is the stupid trade...not the insignificant fact of who was president when person X got arrested.
Was Trump offered that trade?

The perfect example of how powerful the right win media is. Mr. Griner never said that she hates America, NEVER. Yet, the right wing started that lie/talking point and look at how easily the right wing voters use it. Never say that the media isn't powerful, especially for people who lack free thinking or partisan people.

Griner only questioned whether or not the anthem should be played considered it was created when woman and minorities lack rights. All of that is a fair conversation. It doesn't mean hate.
Respectfully, no it is not a function of the right wing media.

Here is from the Washington Post:

I applaud her wanting to have a discussion and creating collective energy around systemic racism and inequities and how we, collectively, can solve.

I am part Jewish, as I have mentioned. There was systemic discrimination in multiple parts of the country (country clubs, College admissions, redlining, etc.) through the 20th century.

America has been far from perfect. (far better than Europe, to be sure)

With that said, I am proud to stand for the national anthem and part of that is working to ensure that we all can have a part of the American dream.

Asking her to do the same, should not be a difficult ask.

This sounds like a guy defending that he took the right-wing talking points to show that he concluded the SAME thing. I see you!

LMAO...well actually you don't smart guy. I'm not convinced that she hates this country. I think she's misguided but I don't know that it goes any further than that.

You'll also recall me saying that I wasn't happy about Griner being in a Russian prison, right? Oops.

It's funny how your assumptions can make you look goofy, isn't it?

Reactions: BillCutting4585
BTW has @sadgator chimed in yet? HIs boy Hiden just freed the most prolific gun runner in world history on the world in exchange for a black dude that hates America.

@sadgator have you figured out who the real villains are yet? We are here to help you with your education.

• Sad
Reactions: ghost_of_ukalum1988
I honestly DGAS how they spin crap like this anymore. Anyone can look at this trade and realize that this administration got played like a fiddle.

It was a stupid trade by shortsighted people who care more about identity politics than the well-being of actual humans. Bout is a monster.
International diplomatic deals have their own timelines….. I get it…. I really do….. but I can’t help but wonder about the timing of this flawed and shitty deal with respect to the Twitter news drop…. Certainly creates a convenient distraction.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
He was arrested in early 2008 and convicted in 2012.
If I had to guess, there are a lot of guys in Russia who profited along side him when he liquidated the Soviet arms stockpile and they don't want him to start talking.
"In 2014, former U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft's law firm represented Bout, seeking a new trial to overturn his conviction."
No one wants him talking, they all want him out there supplying guns for the wars that politicians profit from.

That's why the media is focused on the black dude vs marine narrative instead of focusing on the real story: Hiden released the most prolific gun runner in world history will lead to millions of people dying, worldwide.

Kinda surprised so many took the bait, even in this thread.

@RayGravesGhost

sports talk radio all day people calling in outrage over the tranny getting set free for the killer and leaving the marine behind

'Oh Hell Nah': Dallas Cowboys Linebacker Criticizes Swap for Brittney Griner Instead of Marine

Dallas Cowboys Linebacker Micah Parsons criticized the prisoner swap of Phoenix Mercury player Brittney Griner in exchange for Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout.

9ccea751-f73f-43c6-a8b4-b66b16a726dd-860x475.jpg

@RayGravesGhost

sports talk radio all day people calling in outrage over the tranny getting set free for the killer and leaving the marine behind

'Oh Hell Nah': Dallas Cowboys Linebacker Criticizes Swap for Brittney Griner Instead of Marine

Dallas Cowboys Linebacker Micah Parsons criticized the prisoner swap of Phoenix Mercury player Brittney Griner in exchange for Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout.

9ccea751-f73f-43c6-a8b4-b66b16a726dd-860x475.jpg

I knew there was something I liked about Micah Parsons. IMO, pretty much the most badass LB in the league.

• Love
Reactions: nail1988
Was Trump offered Whelan for Bout?

Not to my knowledge. If he had been, and had he accepted it, it would have been a ridiculously stupid trade.

But maybe he was???
Then why are saying/claiming that Trump didn't make the trade or wouldn't make that trade, when you don't even know if it was an option? We call that blindly defending someone.

I knew there was something I liked about Micah Parsons. IMO, pretty much the most badass LB in the league.
You like him for saying go get the marine, when earlier you were coming at Whelan. Pick a side haha

But of course, the biggest reason why this move was made, was to get the so-called Merchant of Death back out in the market and facilitating the wars that corrupt countries use to make trillions in profits for themselves.
Well at least we don't have to worry about him selling weapons to Afghanistan...Biden hooked them up with a lifetime supply

I'm glad she's out of her Russian prison. I would not have made this trade deal.

I'm not surprised that this administration made it, however. Mostly because they're a collection of ridiculous people.
I 100% AM NOT glad that she is out of a Russian prison. Why? Because she actually BROKE a law to be there. She was an entitled IDIOT, and was arrested. The marine committed ZERO crimes, and SHE took HIS place, because with this racist, UNAMERICAN woke administration, they would NEVER bring home a former US serviceman over a black, HESHE america hater. So as far as I am concerned...I would be fine if she was there for years...because she had a choice...and she CHOSE to break a law. I know that is harsh to some..but I will be damned if I will lie about how I feel. She was last in...first out. That is NOT how this should have happened. And they used the BIGGEST bargaining chip for the most useless person.

trump traded 5,000 for 1,000 and a promise to end the war which he never got
Let me educate you AGAIN, son. Trump got the guy out of Turkey WITHOUT trading or giving ANYTHING up....he used our economic power and THREATENED them...and they caved. Of course little sissy lefties cannot do that because of who they are. Let me remind you that Trump also brought home more fallen soldiers remains from Korea tha EVERY president before him...combined. So try your little hen house BS somewhere else, son

Per John Bolton, Trump turned down Whelan-Bout swap.

Trump believed that this would just entice our enemies to kidnap more Americans if you negotiate like this. Remember Hussein gave 5 hardened terrorists and a plane FULL of 100 dollar bills RANSOM payment to Iran. Trump killed Solemani. What do YOU think is the best policy towards Iran...or any other enemy? Libs do not know how to do things like this. These things require BEING A MAN...and they are NOT able to fake that part

Reactions: nail1988
Biden humiliated on the world stage again

Saudis, UAE Take Credit for Brittney Griner Prisoner Swap Between US and Russia

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (MBS) and UAE President Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed issued a statement taking credit on Thursday for allegedly negotiating the prisoner swap that released basketball player Brittney Griner and notorious Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout, known as the “merchant of death.”

GettyImages-1242300121-1-640x480.jpg

https://trib.al/oA0yc3c?fbclid=IwAR3hc0C5zSsdnf1zWgBUGKDPWJFmfVDvu4ZG2_v5MuNuPqA0eiCxf1UZ_K4

Then why are saying/claiming that Trump didn't make the trade or wouldn't make that trade, when you don't even know if it was an option? We call that blindly defending someone.

LMAO, your circular logic is unbeatable.

That isn't what I said btw. I said he didn't make that trade which is, obviously, a historical fact.

An example of your defense of Biden...muh Trump. Repeat times infinity.

NO WAY IN HELL he would make that statement if Trump was in office. Trump KNOWS we can kick their azz. Trump knows Putin KNOWS we can kick their azz. Putin KNOWS Brandon is weak, so threats come....

instead of getting a US Marine out of jail.
Except he's not a Marine. He got booted out of the Corps with a bad conduct discharge. When you get the big chicken dinner, after the Corps takes your rank, retirement and benefits, PMO sends MPs to your quarters. After they return your issue gear to supply, they confiscate your uniforms, and every single thing that says USMC , Marines, has an EGA, etc. Hats, t shirts, mugs, plaques. Doesn't make a difference if you paid for it rlyourself. They will scrape the stickers off your pov. You don't get to call yourself a Marine or represent yourself as one. Because you are an ex Marine. You claimed the title once but didn't have the discipline or integrity to maintain the standards.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/paul-whelan-brother-slams-trump-234345973.html
Paul Whelan’s brother slams Trump after prisoner swap criticism

73ts7z.jpg

The brother of former Marine Paul Whelan, who has been imprisoned in Russia for nearly four years, slammed former President Trump on Friday after Trump criticized the Biden administration for the deal it struck to free WNBA star Brittney Griner but not Whelan.

David Whelan said in a post on Twitter that Trump seems to have mentioned his brother’s wrongful detention more in the past 24 hours than he did during the two years of his presidency during which Whelan was imprisoned.

“I don’t suggest he cares now any more than he did then (zero),” he said.

Reactions: luvdoc
ADVERTISEMENT