ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Pelosi Appears to Be Above the Law

kjfreeze

Gator Great
Jan 17, 2005
Being the husband of the Speaker of the House apparently has its privileges. Paul Pelosi, who was arrested this weekend on suspicion of DUI, experienced several instances of special treatment, as detailed by Twitter user Nathandan.
The Paul Pelosi case just gets stranger
  • He had priors so it should have been a felony
  • Police waited 4.5 hours to breathalyze him, by which time his blood was at .08 (the minimum)
  • No mugshot available
  • No dash cam/body cam footage
  • Nancy may have been with him.
When Nancy Pelosi targeted President Trump for TWO impeachments, she repeatedly said that nobody is above the law. This was her dog whistle she used for media to make false claims that Trump thought he would not be held accountable for actions that didn’t require accountability.
Whatever is really happening with Paul Pelosi’s case, don’t expect to hear much about it from police or “investigative” journalists who are beholden to her. This has already been memory holed. Nothing happened, y’all!

My thoughts:
The bible book of Habakkuk sounds vaguely familiar.

Habakkuk’s Complaint
2 How long, Lord, must I call for help,
but you do not listen?
Or cry out to you, “Violence!”
but you do not save?
3 Why do you make me look at injustice?
Why do you tolerate wrongdoing?
Destruction and violence are before me;
there is strife, and conflict abounds.
4 Therefore the law is paralyzed,
and justice never prevails.
The wicked hem in the righteous,
so that justice is perverted.

Of course, it too 66 years for this situation to resolve itself. How many years have we been under the guise of a cyclical historical event like Habakkuk?

She probably told the officer that she’s been with him multiple times and he drove safely. Officer agreed and let them go.

Reactions: kjfreeze
Being the husband of the Speaker of the House apparently has its privileges. Paul Pelosi, who was arrested this weekend on suspicion of DUI, experienced several instances of special treatment, as detailed by Twitter user Nathandan.
The Paul Pelosi case just gets stranger
  • He had priors so it should have been a felony
  • Police waited 4.5 hours to breathalyze him, by which time his blood was at .08 (the minimum)
  • No mugshot available
  • No dash cam/body cam footage
  • Nancy may have been with him.
When Nancy Pelosi targeted President Trump for TWO impeachments, she repeatedly said that nobody is above the law. This was her dog whistle she used for media to make false claims that Trump thought he would not be held accountable for actions that didn’t require accountability.
Whatever is really happening with Paul Pelosi’s case, don’t expect to hear much about it from police or “investigative” journalists who are beholden to her. This has already been memory holed. Nothing happened, y’all!

My thoughts:
The bible book of Habakkuk sounds vaguely familiar.

Habakkuk’s Complaint
2 How long, Lord, must I call for help,
but you do not listen?
Or cry out to you, “Violence!”
but you do not save?
3 Why do you make me look at injustice?
Why do you tolerate wrongdoing?
Destruction and violence are before me;
there is strife, and conflict abounds.
4 Therefore the law is paralyzed,
and justice never prevails.
The wicked hem in the righteous,
so that justice is perverted.

Of course, it too 66 years for this situation to resolve itself. How many years have we been under the guise of a cyclical historical event like Habakkuk?

nancy-pelosi-meme-idlememe-12-300x225.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: instaGATOR
I think unless you injured someone there has to be 3 prior convictions to be a felony in CA. That does look fishy taking 4.5 hrs to test him and having no dashcam video. Being he blew a .08 then I wonder if he will get offered a reduced charge. Having an accident hurts his case though even if there is no video.

I think unless you injured someone there has to be 3 prior convictions to be a felony in CA. That does look fishy taking 4.5 hrs to test him and having no dashcam video. Being he blew a .08 then I wonder if he will get offered a reduced charge. Having an accident hurts his case though even if there is no video.
.08 is still a DUI.

ask me how I know.

Reactions: fatman76
.08 is still a DUI.

ask me how I know.

Well if CA is like most states technically any alcohol can be if they can prove your faculties were altered enough. I think in FL the jury is instructed to have a presumption they aren't DUI if the level is below .05 though but a few people have been convicted anyway even below a .05.

Well if CA is like most states technically any alcohol can be if they can prove your faculties were altered enough. I think in FL the jury is instructed to have a presumption they aren't DUI if the level is below .05 though but a few people have been convicted anyway even below a .05.
Guy in DUI school blew a. 00 and he had the paperwork to prove it.

Guy in DUI school blew a. 00 and he had the paperwork to prove it.

Intoxicated doesn't always mean alcohol. This will become more and more common.

Prescription drugs and illegal drugs still count as intoxicants.

DUI in Alabama (most states are very similar)
Alabama Code Title 32. Motor Vehicles and Traffic § 32-5A-191

(a) A person shall not drive or be in actual physical control of any vehicle while:

(1) There is 0.08 percent or more by weight of alcohol in his or her blood;

(2) Under the influence of alcohol;

(3) Under the influence of a controlled substance to a degree which renders him or her incapable of safely driving;

(4) Under the combined influence of alcohol and a controlled substance to a degree which renders him or her incapable of safely driving;  or

(5) Under the influence of any substance which impairs the mental or physical faculties of such person to a degree which renders him or her incapable of safely driving.

(b) A person who is under the age of 21 years shall not drive or be in actual physical control of any vehicle if there is 0.02 percent or more by weight of alcohol in his or her blood.  The Alabama State Law Enforcement Agency shall suspend or revoke the driver's license of any person, including, but not limited to, a juvenile, child, or youthful offender, convicted or adjudicated of, or subjected to a finding of, delinquency based on this subsection.

The bold sections cover what the guy you mentioned was charged with.

I would have charged him with 32-5A-191.5 with the .5 representative section 5 above in bold if he was "under the influence" of something other than alcohol.

Intoxicated doesn't always mean alcohol. This will become more and more common.

Prescription drugs and illegal drugs still count as intoxicants.

DUI in Alabama (most states are very similar)
Alabama Code Title 32. Motor Vehicles and Traffic § 32-5A-191

(a) A person shall not drive or be in actual physical control of any vehicle while:

(1) There is 0.08 percent or more by weight of alcohol in his or her blood;

(2) Under the influence of alcohol;

(3) Under the influence of a controlled substance to a degree which renders him or her incapable of safely driving;

(4) Under the combined influence of alcohol and a controlled substance to a degree which renders him or her incapable of safely driving;  or

(5) Under the influence of any substance which impairs the mental or physical faculties of such person to a degree which renders him or her incapable of safely driving.

(b) A person who is under the age of 21 years shall not drive or be in actual physical control of any vehicle if there is 0.02 percent or more by weight of alcohol in his or her blood.  The Alabama State Law Enforcement Agency shall suspend or revoke the driver's license of any person, including, but not limited to, a juvenile, child, or youthful offender, convicted or adjudicated of, or subjected to a finding of, delinquency based on this subsection.

The bold sections cover what the guy you mentioned was charged with.

I would have charged him with 32-5A-191.5 with the .5 representative section 5 above in bold if he was "under the influence" of something other than alcohol.
There needs to be a separate charge for that. Or a separate test.

This guy fell asleep at the wheel and coasted into the breakdown lane. I didn't believe him because he was an enormous douchebag so I pulled his entire police report. He passed his field sobriety test and blew a 00. He didn't cause property damage or physical harm to anyone. He just exercised poor judgement by not stopping and getting some sleep.

I suppose that's impairment, but I would have lawyered up.

There needs to be a separate charge for that.

I actually agree. It should be no less punitive and perhaps more. Interesting debate on that last part imo.

Or a separate test.

There are different tests. LEO's must be certified on both to conduct one or the other.

Medically there are different tests as well. Those tests aren't necessarily required but they certainly strengthen your case and give the state a better chance for prosecution.

This guy fell asleep at the wheel and coasted into the breakdown lane. I didn't believe him because he was an enormous douchebag so I pulled his entire police report. He passed his field sobriety test and blew a 00. He didn't cause property damage or physical harm to anyone. He just exercised poor judgement by not stopping and getting some sleep.

I suppose that's impairment, but I would have lawyered up.

If he wasn't actually intoxicated, agree he should have lawyered up.

Some states have passed new laws about being too sleepy to drive as well. I understand the purpose...but I'll be damned if I understand how one would apply such a law.

If he wasn't actually intoxicated, agree he should have lawyered up.

Some states have passed new laws about being too sleepy to drive as well. I understand the purpose...but I'll be damned if I understand how one would apply such a law.
Reckless Driving?

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Reckless Driving?

Absolutely, if they were driving recklessly.

But what if you happen upon a driver who has fallen asleep at a stop sign, red light or half-way off the road like this guy? How does one measure sleepiness? What test would you give? What's the standard for court?

A reckless driving ticket would probably fit the bill but they could certainly fight it.

FWIW I've never encountered anything like that if they weren't drunk or high. The high ones almost always want to fight when you wake them up...usually as I snatch the keys out of the car.

Florida defensive end Carlos Dunlap was arrested at around 3:30 a.m. for driving under the influence after falling asleep at the wheel while stopped at a red light....

• Sad
Reactions: BamaFan1137
Florida defensive end Carlos Dunlap was arrested at around 3:30 a.m. for driving under the influence after falling asleep at the wheel while stopped at a red light....

There before the Grace of God go I.

Sunny ☀️

NEWS BUSTERS tells me state run dedicated 117 seconds on reporting on ping pong 🏓 ball eyes Pelosi big dummy’s Husband. State run in full coverup mode

• Angry
Reactions: instaGATOR
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT