ADVERTISEMENT

Pat and Robbie officially retire tomorrow...

sadgator

Bull Gator
Jan 9, 2002
Copper Monkey 30 minutes prior to kickoff
Whether you love them or disagree with them, nobody can deny that they are both legendary sports reporters for Florida.

Personally, sadgator has A LOT of respect for what Pat has to say and was a religious listener of the Dooley Noted podcast...

they are the end of an area of guys in print media...and the last of their kind who witnessed Florida’s rise and first National Title...

we are getting old kids...soon, only a select few of us will have lived that era in our prime...

it is a bit sobering...but sadgator sincerely wishes Pat and Robbie well, good health, and good fortune...

It could have been worse, Mike Bianchi still could have been with the Gainesville Sun to this day. I was never a fan of Bianchi when he was at The Florida Times Union. My only beef with Dooley and Andreu was they trashed Urban Meyer on Frank Frangie's radio show in Jax. My only guess is Meyer never kissed their asses while Ron Zook and Will Muschamp did.
On another note, I was never a fan of Frank Frangie as he was a pathetic Nole sympathizer along with his Hole homer buddy Rick Ballou.

Last edited:
It could have been worse, Mike Bianchi still could have been with the Gainesville Sun to this day. I was never a fan of Bianchi when he was at The Florida Times Union. My only beef with Dooley and Andreu was they trashed Urban Meyer on Frank Frangie's radio show in Jax. My only guess is Meyer never kissed their asses while Ron Zook and Will Muschamp did.
On another note, I was never a fan of Frank Frangie as he was a pathetic Nole sympathizer along with his Hole homer buddy Rick Ballou.

I don't disagree, but Bianchi was my best friend compared to Mike Dirocco. I remember he ranked the Florida programs before the 2005 season and he listed UF 4th behind UCF. Of course, 2 years later we won the natty, so his jackassery was evident to all.

"Back in the day" if you were spending the weekend in Gainesville for a Gator game, first thing you would do upon arrival was to buy the Friday addition of the Gainesville Sun and read Pat's and Robbie's articles, then the Saturday paper with the pre-game articles, depth charts and rosters, and. of course, the Sunday edition with all the photos and game summary. It was tradition.

"Back in the day" if you were spending the weekend in Gainesville for a Gator game, first thing you would do upon arrival was to buy the Friday addition of the Gainesville Sun and read Pat's and Robbie's articles, then the Saturday paper with the pre-game articles, depth charts and rosters, and. of course, the Sunday edition with all the photos and game summary. It was tradition.
That was for sure a tradition.

Speaking of, was going through some old collectables the other day. I found one of those roster depth charts inserts with the coaching staff. I ran into Rob Glass and Buddy Teevens at a breakfast joint early game day morning and they signed the insert for me.

The stuff you think is so cool when we were younger is funny.

For who? Been going since 1979 and the Sun was/is just awful.

Speaking of, was going through some old collectables the other day.

sadgator has TONS of old Sun’s in a gigantic plastic container stored in his closet...along with old Athlons and Street and Smiths from the early mid-90’s...not sure why sadgator still keeps ‘em, but it seems sacrilegious to discard them...after he’s gone, sadgator’s kids can throw them away...

I have one of those old glass coke bottles for the 1984 season. Never opened. 1996 unopened coke cans for the 1996 National Championship. Lots of Sports Illustrated magazines with UF on the cover and those national championship commemorative Sports Illustrated editions from all the UF football and basketball national championships.

I have one of those old glass coke bottles for the 1984 season. Never opened. 1996 unopened coke cans for the 1996 National Championship. Lots of Sports Illustrated magazines with UF on the cover and those national championship commemorative Sports Illustrated editions from all the UF football and basketball national championships.
The day you decide to drink your 1984 coke bottle and 1996 coke cans, please post it here live for all of us to witness.

Watch this dumbass Georgia fan.
@GADAWGinIraq

Around the 6:38 mark, then at the end he drinks the whole bottle.

After 2006 UT game I told the folks I was around that I would drink one of my 1984 Coca Cola bottles if we won the Natty.

Well hell they remembered what I said that night so after we whopped oHiO State I had to keep my word.

After 2006 UT game I told the folks I was around that I would drink one of my 1984 Coca Cola bottles if we won the Natty.

Well hell they remembered what I said that night so after we whopped oHiO State I had to keep my word.
Please share the details as you gulped down a then 22 year old unopened bottle of Coca Cola.

sadgator would suspect that could seriously poison you...for real...
After watching that Dwag fan in the video I posted above, there is no friggin way I'm even opening my 1984 coke bottles. For safeties sake, I'm seriously considering emptying all those bottles with my 4 year old granddaughter hanging around the house.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
After watching that Dwag fan in the video I posted above, there is no friggin way I'm even opening my 1984 coke bottles. For safeties sake, I'm seriously considering emptying all those bottles with my 4 year old granddaughter hanging around the house.
For real... that guy is an idiot.

I have two of them and I think pouring them out is a great idea

I can't stand Bianchi...never liked his show when I lived in Orlando. Guy is a freaking dweeb and he always hates on the Gators just to be a prick. He tries to act like he's even handed but he has a little mans complex. He's the kind of guy you want to slap in front of everyone.

If ya’ll think Bianchi is bad, anybody remember Peter Kerasotis who was formerly a sports columnist for Florida Today? Guy despised Florida and Urban. His columns were brutally unfair, uninformed, and inaccurate...used to drive sadgator insane.
I do not remember him but does anybody remember that low budget CSS channel. Those guys(especially the old man) despised the Gators (Ga based network with some Tennessee and Auburn influence) and piled it on during the Ron Zook era. Then when Urban happened they tried to kiss arse but you could tell it hurt their pride to do such.

Speaking of, whats Tony Barnhardt up to these days?

I'll tell you another one Id like to kick in the face is Tim Brando. I'd kick his head further than McPherson does on a kickoff.

Reactions: gatordad3
I do not remember him but does anybody remember that low budget CSS channel. Those guys(especially the old man) despised the Gators (Ga based network with some Tennessee and Auburn influence) and piled it on during the Ron Zook era. Then when Urban happened they tried to kiss arse but you could tell it hurt their pride to do such.

Speaking of, whats Tony Barnhardt up to these days?

I'll tell you another one Id like to kick in the face is Tim Brando. I'd kick his head further than McPherson does on a kickoff.
Amen to that brother!

Reactions: TennesseeGator
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT