ADVERTISEMENT

Parking and Tailgating for Gators FB games

ghost_of_ukalum1988

Rowdy Reptile
Jan 7, 2022
Greetings to all..... I have some questions for the board regarding parking for Gators home FB games. The wife and I are going to the UK-Florida game on Sept 10. I'm looking forward to it, and I think either team can win this one.

I've pulled some information off the Net showing Gators game-day parking info. At this point, I'm planning to park in one of the indicated Public Parking areas I've seen on a map. I'm planning to have cash on hand, but do you know how much it costs to park?

Just curious if there is a public transportation shuttle option to and from the stadium(?). The city of Lexington does this for UK home games.

Finally, any tailgating tips? Through UK Engineering, I've signed up for an organized tailgate at the Herbert Wertheim Laboratory For Engineering Excellence from 5-7PM. Otherwise we'll just stroll around and check out the campus and pre-game festivities. Any suggestions?

Thanks...

Since you don’t know the layout…the best thing for you to do is to head up (East) on University Ave. as early as you feel comfortable, but at least 4 hours to kickoff and park in a house yard on one of the side streets as close to the stadium as you can get…expect to pay $30 to $50 depending on how close you can get…

you’ll be able to easily walk to campus from there…

oh…and make sure to ask for “no block”…you’ll be leaving early…(wink)…

Reactions: Vinny B
Since you don’t know the layout…the best thing for you to do is to head up (East) on University Ave. as early as you feel comfortable, but at least 4 hours to kickoff and park in a house yard on one of the side streets as close to the stadium as you can get…expect to pay $30 to $50 depending on how close you can get…

you’ll be able to easily walk to campus from there…

oh…and make sure to ask for “no block”…you’ll be leaving early…(wink)…
So is there an extra fee for the “No block” option?

Think I’ll pass on parking in a house yard. I made that mistake at a UK-LSU game back in ‘96, and after witnessing UK get trounced, I returned to my car covered in shaving cream. I was extremely pissed but nothing I could do.

Last edited:
Understood. sadgator likes to think of us as a friendly bunch, but he admits he is biased.

There are a sh!t load of places you can park on campus, but you kinda have to know what you’re doin’. If you try the southeast quadrant of campus towards Shands Hospital or the psychology building early enough, you’ll find some available green space. Just do what everybody else is doing.

Stay away from public transit and shuttle buses…the place is a madhouse after a game, and it is seriously hard to time that (if you make it to the end…double wink) You’ll be better off if you can find a spot on campus. If you get there no less than 4 hours prior, you’ll be ok…inside that window and it get’s pretty tight depending on location….

Reactions: ghost_of_ukalum1988
…and do yourself a favor and hit the University Ave. bars….they are our best assets…while many schools tailgate well…a good portion of us are bar folk…you’ll find some good tailgate viewing…Plaza of Americas and surrounding core of campus…but the real scene is on University Ave. a few blocks east of the stadium about an hour and a half before kickoff…if you want to get jacked up and feel like you are going to battle take the walk from those bars to the stadium….just leave yourself at least 45 mins to get in and get to your seat…the crowd will be hard to navigate…especially if you don’t know where you are going…

Reactions: ghost_of_ukalum1988
So is there an extra fee for the “No block” option?

Think I’ll pass on parking in a house yard. I made that mistake at a UK-LSU game back in ‘96, and after witnessing UK get trounced, I returned to my car covered in shaving cream. I was extremely pissed but nothing I could do.
I've parked in a house yard for the past 5 years with no issues.

Understood. sadgator likes to think of us as a friendly bunch, but he admits he is biased.

There are a sh!t load of places you can park on campus, but you kinda have to know what you’re doin’. If you try the southeast quadrant of campus towards Shands Hospital or the psychology building early enough, you’ll find some available green space. Just do what everybody else is doing.

Stay away from public transit and shuttle buses…the place is a madhouse after a game, and it is seriously hard to time that (if you make it to the end…double wink) You’ll be better off if you can find a spot on campus. If you get there no less than 4 hours prior, you’ll be ok…inside that window and it get’s pretty tight depending on location….
We always park by the education building. A long walk, but you can usually get a spot there even within an hour of game time.

Greetings to all..... I have some questions for the board regarding parking for Gators home FB games. The wife and I are going to the UK-Florida game on Sept 10. I'm looking forward to it, and I think either team can win this one.

I've pulled some information off the Net showing Gators game-day parking info. At this point, I'm planning to park in one of the indicated Public Parking areas I've seen on a map. I'm planning to have cash on hand, but do you know how much it costs to park?

Just curious if there is a public transportation shuttle option to and from the stadium(?). The city of Lexington does this for UK home games.

Finally, any tailgating tips? Through UK Engineering, I've signed up for an organized tailgate at the Herbert Wertheim Laboratory For Engineering Excellence from 5-7PM. Otherwise we'll just stroll around and check out the campus and pre-game festivities. Any suggestions?

Thanks...
Just bring some of that smooth bourbon from the bluegrass state and you can most likely park anywhere you like.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT