ADVERTISEMENT

Our program is a disgrace...

Excellent Illumination of the difference in the 2 programs. We expect chamoionships while the cocks give atta boys for 6 wins and keeping it close with kentucky
Yep. Spurrier wins a Heisman Trophy. Wins multiple SEC titles, and wins a national championship...we put up a statue.

He wins one East Title and a couple of random bowl games...he gets a giant sized poster outside the stadium.

If Muschamp was at UF sitting at 6-3 we would be finding a way to get him replaced. 6-3 at USCe and they are claiming the next great team equal to Alabama.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
You ****ers defended that lazy slob. Guy reeked of failure from the minute I saw and heard him. Zero intensity.

So you're looking for some kind of middle ground between zero intensity and.....this?

muschhaaaamp.0.gif

Anyone see the story on how Piniero decided on his own to pooch kick the kickoffs even though the coverage was called for him to kick deep? WTF? I don't think I've every heard of a kicker freelancing. Chalk up another first for this bunch.

Being average at USCe is a decent accomplishment.

Muschamp came within a single loss to UGA to bringing the Gators to the National Championship game in 2012. Saban would have probably taken him out behind the woodshed, like he did with Notre Dame, but it's not like he didn't have any success at UF.

Muschamp's downfall was when Jacoby Brissett transferred away, followed by Driskel being injured. Those were both future NFL QBs. When they were healthy, UF had an 11 win season. Without them, UF just didn't have any QBs.

Muschamp came within a single loss to UGA to bringing the Gators to the National Championship game in 2012. Saban would have probably taken him out behind the woodshed, like he did with Notre Dame, but it's not like he didn't have any success at UF.

Muschamp's downfall was when Jacoby Brissett transferred away, followed by Driskel being injured. Those were both future NFL QBs. When they were healthy, UF had an 11 win season. Without them, UF just didn't have any QBs.
The same UGA team that we took down to the wire and we're driving on to potentially tie the game...is the same UGA team that took Bama down to the wire to win the game but came up a few yards short.

Would Saban definitely have taken Muschamp to the wood shed that season?

He did some good things....the offensive recruiting and development of players was his downfall...it was mostly average or worse....and in a league where you have to be great in all phases to be elite. Tough job but that's why the HBC makes the big bucks.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Maybe so, who knows.

Muschamp, I coined as Will Musmanagement. Not only did he not work the QB situation correctly..poor offense line recruiting (especially since he wanted to win TOP/ dude couldnt even get a good kicker
Similar to us, the QB is only as good as the OL. Blackman is struggling because our OL is just not getting it done.

I see the same with your team. I remember a guy named Driskel who I thought was pretty good. Many on this board made fun of him, but it wasn't all his doing. The OC and OL played a major factor in his downfall. Look, Driskel did well at La Tech I believe and went to the Pros so he is a pretty good QB. Fix the OL and magic will happen.

The right OC/QB's and a good QB can overcome a lot of OL problems.

A great OL with a bad OC/QB's and QB will still stink on ice... o_O

Is there a good scheme, and can the QB still do is job with defenders in his face in 2-3 seconds?

You tell me. Watch this Soph QB with guys constantly in his face.
How long does he take to get the ball out?
He's throwing after just 1-3 steps and still hitting his receivers.
http://www.hudl.com/profile/3701605/jake-allen

Or later when he went to STA and won the starting QB job.

Last edited:
The right OC/QB's and a good QB can overcome a of OL problems.

A great OL with a bad OC/QB's and QB will still stink on ice... o_O
]

Put NFL RB's with a single NFL All Pro WR and a NFL OL it can be done.

Bama 09

Greg McElroy...with an OC who later went on to be a HC at a once elite program and couldn't coach them out of a 100 plus ranked offense statical ranking.

Reactions: sadgator
Put NFL RB's with a single NFL All Pro WR and a NFL OL it can be done.

Bama 09

Greg McElroy...with an OC who later went on to be a HC at a once elite program and couldn't coach them out of a 100 plus ranked offense statical ranking.

There are always special exceptions to any rule. :rolleyes:

However, you didn't address the skill set of the QB that I mentioned. :cool:

Yep, a decent read with a little bit that was new to me. Thanks.

Mc was pretty good with the players, but the internal politics at UF was even a strain for SOS as time went by. :oops:

UF is still a great job,,, IF you can deal with all of the stuff that's outside of the actual football team. :confused:

Mc just had a few to many negatives to make the needed balance. I still wish him well where ever he ends up. :cool:

Reactions: footnfan1
I think he was a freaking weirdo, a disturbed individual. Players liked him, because they could get away with murder, but they didn't respect him. At least they didn't play or conduct themselves like they respected him. Good luck to him but good riddance also.

Hire a Spurrier or Meyer type coach. How long did it take Steve to turn it around after the dark, probation crippled days of the late 80s?
not the same. Hall could recruit. He had just come off of consecutive top 10 classes. The E Smith class was the consensus #1 class, I believe. Mac was the worst UF HBC recruiter in my lifetime and that goes back to Ray Graves. It was remarkable how little he accomplished.

WRONG. USC is a better job for Muschamp, specifically. They have lesser expectations, and so he can be happily mediocre for years to come.

UF remains one of the premier jobs in the SEC, if you can handle the pressure, and have a burning desire to win it all, every year.
I tend to agree with this. Muschamp will do well at USC....for USC. Might sneak in to the SEC title game once in a while with luck. But, he won't consistently be challenging. Muschamp doesn't have the pressure there like he did at UF. USC is a better fit for Muschamp.

Last edited:
I tend to agree with this. Muschamp will do well at USC....for USC. Might sneak in to the SEC title game once in a while with luck. But, he won't consistently be challenging. Muschamp doesn't have the pressure there like he did at UF. It is a better place for him.

Agree with this. Like Les Miles could go to Arkansas or Mizzou, win 8-9 games every year, occasioanally pop up and win the division and everyone’s happy. This is pretty much what Mullen’s wife was saying.

Reactions: tnole903
Agree with this. Like Les Miles could go to Arkansas or Mizzou, win 8-9 games every year, occasioanally pop up and win the division and everyone’s happy. This is pretty much what Mullen’s wife was saying.
And, will add that UF should be happy that Muschamp failed. He made rookie decisions early, like the first two OCs. Had he hired Roper from the beginning, I believe he would still be your coach. He would lose 2-3 regular season games every year, doing just well enough to keep his job. But, Muschamp is not a guy who is going to consistently challenge for a Final 4 spot, like should be the case with the top 5-7 programs in the Southeast.

I think he was a freaking weirdo, a disturbed individual. Players liked him, because they could get away with murder, but they didn't respect him. At least they didn't play or conduct themselves like they respected him. Good luck to him but good riddance also.

Yep after the Taylor outburst he seemed to go soft and probably became too soft with the players. I still think he was taking some psych meds with how he acted at some of his press conferences this season.

Yep after the Taylor outburst he seemed to go soft and probably became too soft with the players. I still think he was taking some psych meds with how he acted at some of his press conferences this season.

Legitimately, I wonder if there was some split personality going on. I've mentioned this before, but remember how when he came in we were calling plays from those silly billboards with the dollar signs bouncing up and down on third down? Why was a coach, who wants to run and eat clock, which is obviously what he wanted, even doing that? Similarly, he goes freaking crazy on Taylor for a fairly benign TD celebration, it wasn't really even a throat slash, but he puts up with Callaway basically running a crime syndicate on campus. He was a weird, weird dude.

Legitimately, I wonder if there was some split personality going on. I've mentioned this before, but remember how when he came in we were calling plays from those silly billboards with the dollar signs bouncing up and down on third down? Why was a coach, who wants to run and eat clock, which is obviously what he wanted, even doing that? Similarly, he goes freaking crazy on Taylor for a fairly benign TD celebration, it wasn't really even a throat slash, but he puts up with Callaway basically running a crime syndicate on campus. He was a weird, weird dude.

Cg-IslYU0AIMfG-.jpg

At least one picture captured vh3's effort that entire game along with everyone else to be drafted

more examples of this guy long term never being able to do shit right or get kids up

TE Jordan Reed 6-2.5 236 rsJr
UF 2009-12 (4 yrs) - 78 for 938 yds, 6 TD's.
NFL 2013-16 (4 yrs) - 248 for 2,602 yds, 10.5 yds/rec, 20 TD's - Pro Bowler.
He got the heck out early, after his rsJr season.
A Meyer/Muschamp application failure imo.

TE Moral Stephens 6-4 251 rsJr
Is he going to be the next underused TE to eventually shine in the NFL?
A Muschamp/McElwain application failure imo.
2014 - redshirt
2015 - 7 Gms, 0 Receptions
2016 - 10 Gms, 1 Rec for 14 yds
2017 - 9 Gms, 5 Rec for 122 yds, 24.4 yds/rec, L-63 yds.
(just a fun comparison - Cleveland 19.4 yds/rec, L-63 yds)
~ BTW, Stephens now leads the team in Yds/Rec, and tied for longest Rec.

Goolsby 6-4 239 - 7.7 yds/rec
Lewis 6-4 235 - 4.0 yds/rec

==========

And they continue to play dropsee WR Swain, while Green still rots on the bench... :rolleyes:

For the - Franks is best -- Zaire is best crowds,,,,
YOU'RE BOTH PROVEN WRONG, they both suck!

Franks is a slightly better passer, Zaire the slightly better runner.
But neither are SEC/UF quality for a starting QB.

Franks season:
P - 92/160, 57.5% for 1,102 yds 6.9 yds/att, 5 TD's, 5 Ints, PER 119
R - 47 - gain 208, loss 165, net 43, 0.9 ypc

Zaire season:

P - 32/56, 57.4% for 349 yds, 6.2 yds/att, 0 TD's, 1 Int, PER 105
R - 22 for gain 87 yds, 48 yds, net 39 yds, 1.9 ypc

TE Jordan Reed 6-2.5 236 rsJr
UF 2009-12 (4 yrs) - 78 for 938 yds, 6 TD's.
NFL 2013-16 (4 yrs) - 248 for 2,602 yds, 10.5 yds/rec, 20 TD's - Pro Bowler.
He got the heck out early, after his rsJr season.
A Meyer/Muschamp application failure imo.

TE Moral Stephens 6-4 251 rsJr
Is he going to be the next underused TE to eventually shine in the NFL?
A Muschamp/McElwain application failure imo.
2014 - redshirt
2015 - 7 Gms, 0 Receptions
2016 - 10 Gms, 1 Rec for 14 yds
2017 - 9 Gms, 5 Rec for 122 yds, 24.4 yds/rec, L-63 yds.
(just a fun comparison - Cleveland 19.4 yds/rec, L-63 yds)
~ BTW, Stephens now leads the team in Yds/Rec, and tied for longest Rec.

Goolsby 6-4 239 - 7.7 yds/rec
Lewis 6-4 235 - 4.0 yds/rec

==========

And they continue to play dropsee WR Swain, while Green still rots on the bench... :rolleyes:

For the - Franks is best -- Zaire is best crowds,,,,
YOU'RE BOTH PROVEN WRONG, they both suck!

Franks is a slightly better passer, Zaire the slightly better runner.
But neither are SEC/UF quality for a starting QB.

Franks season:
P - 92/160, 57.5% for 1,102 yds 6.9 yds/att, 5 TD's, 5 Ints, PER 119
R - 47 - gain 208, loss 165, net 43, 0.9 ypc

Zaire season:

P - 32/56, 57.4% for 349 yds, 6.2 yds/att, 0 TD's, 1 Int, PER 105
R - 22 for gain 87 yds, 48 yds, net 39 yds, 1.9 ypc

Allen and Trask would probably be better off transferring if Kelly does come here as I doubt barring injuries they would ever see the field in Kelly's offense. I think a true freshman Corral would start over them.

What is your view now on Kelly if they do hire him?

Allen and Trask would probably be better off transferring if Kelly does come here as I doubt barring injuries they would ever see the field in Kelly's offense. I think a true freshman Corral would start over them.

What is your view now on Kelly if they do hire him?

I agree, IF they hire the cow-Chip, then Trask and Allen should get the ph... outta here before the 'house of cow-Chips' collapses.

IF (still hoping this is just the usual pre-hire BS) they hire cow-Chip Kelly, I might have to drop out as a Gator football fan for a time. No wait, I'll just replace those like the Michi-troll that never has anything good to say about the Gator HC. I'll ride his azz like he was a,,, (oh never mind)....:rolleyes:

I'll become an even bigger B-Ball / Coach White fan, along with the other 20 Gator sports. B-Ball begins tonight, and it's not far to baseball and softball, so things are on the up-swing for me as a Gator fan. :cool:

I can promise one thing though. IF they hire the cow-Chip, I won't attend another single football game in the SWAMP until he is gone from here. o_O

Last edited:
I agree, IF they hire the cow-Chip, the Trask and Allen should get the ph... outta here before the 'house of cow-Chips' collapses.

IF (still hoping this is just the usual pre-hire BS) they hire cow-Chip Kelly, I might have to drop out as a Gator football fan for a time. No wait, I'll just replace those like the Michi-troll that never has anything good to say about the Gator HC. I'll ride his azz like he was a,,, (oh never mind)....:rolleyes:

I'll become an even bigger B-Ball / Coach White fan, along with the other 20 Gator sports. B-Ball begins tonight, and it's not far to baseball and softball, so things are on the up-swing for me as a Gator fan. :cool:

I can promise one thing though. IF they hire the cow-Chip, I won't attend another single football game in the SWAMP until he is gone from here. o_O

This is the post I’ve been waiting for.

Should be interesting.

This is the post I’ve been waiting for.

Should be interesting.
Yeah in a couple of years when Kelly has us in the playoff hunt and we’re back in the conference championship game with an actual chance to win......where will insta be?

Save these posts.

Yeah in a couple of years when Kelly has us in the playoff hunt and we’re back in the conference championship game with an actual chance to win......where will insta be?

Save these posts.

Not in the SWAMP. Because unlike you with the sore-keester, when I say I won't be there, I won't be.

BTW, when he's fired and/or UF goes on NCAA probation, where will you and Michi-troll be? Working on your always 'selective memories' I'm betting... :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT