ADVERTISEMENT

Our program is a disgrace...

Im not sure how we keep recruits, this team has quit and it looks like no one cares. Today Im gonna go outside instead......

Mus and Mac destroyed everything that was built before them.

Gonna be one hell of a rebuilding job for the new man. How do you give a program back its soul?
Hire a Spurrier or Meyer type coach. How long did it take Steve to turn it around after the dark, probation crippled days of the late 80s?

I totally forgot about football until about ten minutes ago, when I turned on the TV. That's when the sad reality hit me.

CBS is playing a B1G game. I flipped to the local ABC affiliate (they sometimes carry ACC games on ESPN). They are currently playing Family Feud. Both UF and FSU are not even on TV. This is in Florida.

This team has a true character issue and it is on each individual player and the new coach will attack that and fix that. The lack of toughness is astounding and the absolute lack of mental toughness and intelligence is through the roof. New coach has to attack toughness and basic character of the players first and foremost.

We will agree to disagree. Matt Campbell is the answer. Frost is definitely the hot name and popular answer. They both bring Midwest blue collar toughness that these entitled, soft, and undisciplined players that this program is full of need. Culture and atmosphere change is far more important than X’s and O’s. Urban brought toughness and an attitude and that’s what is needed.

Agree about toughness.

Mac was certainly not tough. As it turns out, not brilliant either. Plenty of very good coaches are not classic tough but were so good it did not matter. Gibbs, Walsh in the NFL for example. Spurrier, Mac Brown and others in college...not to be read as any suggestion they were not excellent, simply that they were not classic Lombardi mold.

Right now, we need tough.

Well that and offense.

Im not sure how we keep recruits, this team has quit and it looks like no one cares. Today Im gonna go outside instead......
Actually, some recruits would think, "hey, I can come in and beat these guys for a starting job the way they are playing."

Plus when new coaches come in they always say that everyone has a new clean slate and all starting positions are open competition.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
This team has a true character issue and it is on each individual player and the new coach will attack that and fix that. The lack of toughness is astounding and the absolute lack of mental toughness and intelligence is through the roof. New coach has to attack toughness and basic character of the players first and foremost.

Why would the team have toughness and character when they were being led by a man that was so mentally weak he made up death threats to get sympathy points? His paws are all over this team. No energy, no answers, and mentally weak.

I did not watch the 2nd half.

That hasn’t happened in like decades that I recall...if ever.

The kids were not trying...so I’m not watching.

I am watching OU/OSU. Offense is not some weird mystery. Lots of teams have reasonable offenses.

Reactions: sadgator
At least Muschamp had passion and recruited NFL type defensive players. This team has steadily regressed the last 3 years and it's pathetic the state we're in right now. UAB scored 52 today and is 6-3. We could easily finish 3-8.

2a8a5841-115b-4123-94a7-c659fa02e14f-jpeg.7671

At least Reese seems to get it.

2a8a5841-115b-4123-94a7-c659fa02e14f-jpeg.7671

At least Reese seems to get it.

All these guys talk a good game. And Reese does seem to fly around and lay it all out there. He's just a limited player. Our guys are S-O-F-T. We do have a serious lack of character and toughness on our roster. I watched an interview two weeks ago on SECN with Fitzpatrick from 'Bama, their best player and a top 5 draft pick. The kid was well-spoken, well-dressed, smart, committed and tough. Meanwhile, our best player hasn't played a game between his marijuana suspensions, rape investigations and leading a credit card fraud ring. Whoever we hire has to bring some character back to this program.

Mus and Mac destroyed everything that was built before them.

Gonna be one hell of a rebuilding job for the new man. How do you give a program back its soul?
Since you refer to our coach as helping "bring down" your program, I think your athletic department as a whole and outside interference has had more to do with your downfall than anything else. Will Muschamp has a much better job at South Carolina than he had at Florida. Will is proving he is a really good coach already,if allowed to run his program without being told what to do by others in power.

Reactions: nwflcock
Since you refer to our coach as helping "bring down" your program, I think your athletic department as a whole and outside interference has had more to do with your downfall than anything else. Will Muschamp has a much better job at South Carolina than he had at Florida. Will is proving he is a really good coach already,if allowed to run his program without being told what to do by others in power.

You are a delusional moron. Muschamp failed at UF. He failed, nobody else's fault. His fault, he sucked and hated offense.

Nobody in their right mind thinks fake USC is a better job than UF. Enjoy your "great" season. 6-3 is a disappointment at UF.

That fat slob maniac coach of yours was so incompetent, we couldn't even hold a spring game after he left, because the idiot didn't leave enough OL.

Give it back...give us back our program...

bae4ca751601f826898dad74a4769632.jpg
Now is the time to start a campaign to restore block F’s and the like. The justification or reasoning would be to reset the program back to its former glory. No more slanted Fs or logos at midfield or Gator skin uniforms.
Start the petition sad, most of us will sign it...,,

WRONG. USC is a better job for Muschamp, specifically. They have lesser expectations, and so he can be happily mediocre for years to come.

UF remains one of the premier jobs in the SEC, if you can handle the pressure, and have a burning desire to win it all, every year.

1990 SOS - I'll only take the job, IF I have full control over the in-house team decisions. Granted and hired.

Outside/Inside Problems begin to again rear their ugly $$$ heads:
2000 - Any coach can win at mighty Florida now.
2001 - SOS departs due to the increasing load of chit and interference...
2002-03-04 - SOS finds out that 'Snake' Snyder was worse than what he was attempting to get away from. He finally tells the 'Snake' to shove his $$$.
At SCa, they return the team decisions to SOS and they reap the rewards.

2009-10 - The UF chit-load finally buries the 2X-BCS-NC HC.

2011->>> - The chit never ends, but only increases.

2018 - It's time for the $$$ chit loaders to sit back down and STFU. o_O
Hire another SOS type of young coach (Foster) and give him full control.

JMOHO's again, and as always. :cool:

Muschamp has an average SEC team...not sure what your idea of "really good coach" is but he wasn't not 'really good' at Florida...left us in a LOT worse shape than what he got it in. Also who are these people that were holding Muschamp back at Florida? You're an idiot...go back your board poser!

Now is the time to start a campaign to restore block F’s and the like. The justification or reasoning would be to reset the program back to its former glory. No more slanted Fs or logos at midfield or Gator skin uniforms.
Start the petition sad, most of us will sign it...,,
Yes. I never liked the slant font in the end zones. Change that back to normal "FLORIDA GATORS"

Reactions: sadgator
Excellent Illumination of the difference in the 2 programs. We expect chamoionships while the cocks give atta boys for 6 wins and keeping it close with kentucky

Reactions: TennesseeGator

Nice try dude. Here is the thing. We are at our lowest in a long long time. SCar is surfing around it's pinnacle.

The traditional powers of the east UF and UT are both down...at the same time. Have been for a while. The best y'all have done was win one single SEC East. Not much of an accomplishment considering that Jim freaking McElwain did that twice. Twice. Even one more than the legendary Steve Spurrier did at SCar and two more than Muschamp ever will. While we were down, instead of stepping up and leading...you dolts let Mizzou take it to another level. Then turn around and let UGA be the king of the east.

3 losses and the Clemson game coming up, you have the nuts to talk about how great your lousy program is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT