ADVERTISEMENT

OU Vs. Nebraska

I was stationed with a Husker OL at Clinton-Sherman AFB. He played in the late fifties. He told me back then they always wondered how bad they would lose when OU was up next on the schedule. Later Nebraska got real good.

I don’t play it often but I think they’re rename this game Redskins versus white skins.

The King was the OC in 71
I was in the Cotton Bowl in 1971 to watch OU line up in the Wishbone T for the first time ever. OU got smoked. I left the Cotton Bowl all giddy. I could see the writing on the wall.

At the UT December football banquet, a sports writer asked a Texas player about OU adopting the UT Wishbone formation. The UT player said, "I think we're telling Aggie jokes about the wrong school."

Darrell Royal never beat OU again.

OU qb Jack Mildren was left handed. He threw the football right. He looked awkward. More often than not he hit his target. President Reagan was left handed. He signed all documents right.

• Wow
Reactions: nail1988
I was in the Cotton Bowl in 1971 to watch OU line up in the Wishbone T for the first time ever. OU got smoked. I left the Cotton Bowl all giddy. I could see the writing on the wall.

At the UT December football banquet, a sports writer asked a Texas player about OU adopting the UT Wishbone formation. The UT player said, "I think we're telling Aggie jokes about the wrong school."

Darrell Royal never beat OU again.

OU qb Jack Mildren was left handed. He threw the football right. He looked awkward. More often than not he hit his target. President Reagan was left handed. He signed all documents right.

Sunny

74 and 75 teams arguably two of the best college teams ever. No one ran the bone like the minister Steve Davis and Joe Washington. The defense was loaded with NFL talent

Remember the bear 🐻 wanted nothing to do with playing Sooners or the bug eaters in those days.

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
Darrell Royal called the '72 Sooner team the best he'd ever played against.

In '73 at Baylor Stadium, OU looked awful the first 2 possessions. Then Rod Shoate and 2 Selmons stood up. 1 Selmon was hurt. OU's offense got cranked up.

In '73 OU went 10-0-1. They couldn't go to a bowl game. OU and Georgia were on probation for ending the NCAA stranglehold on TV rights. USC tied OU with an off sides TD. Dave Campbell of Texas Football Magazine said OU should have been named '73 National Champs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT