ADVERTISEMENT

Other games...

He will be their Ron Zook which Napier very well could end up being for us as well. The next coach will likely have loads of talent to work with.
Are you predicting his demise sooner rather than later?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you predicting his demise sooner rather than later?
Cristobal’s demise or Napier’s? You know what you are getting with Cristobal. Before taking the Miami gig he had like a 64-60 record. He’s been a head coach for 10 years. He is who he is. Great recruiter, bad on Game day. Now he’s in the weak ACC which will help him but I see him as like a Zook. He will load up Miami with lots of talent for the next guy.
Napier has only been a head coach for 4 years and unlike Cristobal he at least won at the G5 level first. He has to prove himself. For the first year he mostly gets a pass predicated the team at least shows some improvement and he’s gonna have to recruit really good. My guess is Napier turns out to do really well at UF or he at least builds the roster and the infrastructure up to what it should be at UF so the next guy has something to work with.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Cristobal’s demise or Napier’s? You know what you are getting with Cristobal. Before taking the Miami gig he had like a 64-60 record. He’s been a head coach for 10 years. He is who he is. Great recruiter, bad on Game day. Now he’s in the weak ACC which will help him but I see him as like a Zook. He will load up Miami with lots of talent for the next guy.
Napier has only been a head coach for 4 years and unlike Cristobal he at least won at the G5 level first. He has to prove himself. For the first year he mostly gets a pass predicated the team at least shows some improvement and he’s gonna have to recruit really good. My guess is Napier turns out to do really well at UF or he at least builds the roster and the infrastructure up to what it should be at UF so the next guy has something to work with.

ACC coastal is very weak this yr, ACC Atlantic has 5 ranked teams and might be the best or 2nd best division in cfb. The coastal might be worse than the AAC.

As far as the 2 coaches go, I think Mario is a poor man's Jimbo. He's a good recruiter but not as good as jimbo and he's probably worse on GameDay as well.

Napier is just new, Mullen had a system where he had a high floor but low ceiling. I don't think Napier has that same style. After watching the Gators 4 games this yr depth seems to be an issue as the 3rd and 4th quarter it seems really easy to move the ball on them resulting in Napier going for it on 4th down a lot (think Napier mentioned this in an interview). He just needs to recruit at a high level (which he is) and get Richardson playing to his potential (looked much better against Tennessee). You guys have something with Etienne, he's a good player. I think you are spot on with Napier, he will either succeed or leave some talent for the next guy.

ACC coastal is very weak this yr, ACC Atlantic has 5 ranked teams and might be the best or 2nd best division in cfb. The coastal might be worse than the AAC.

As far as the 2 coaches go, I think Mario is a poor man's Jimbo. He's a good recruiter but not as good as jimbo and he's probably worse on GameDay as well.

Napier is just new, Mullen had a system where he had a high floor but low ceiling. I don't think Napier has that same style. After watching the Gators 4 games this yr depth seems to be an issue as the 3rd and 4th quarter it seems really easy to move the ball on them resulting in Napier going for it on 4th down a lot (think Napier mentioned this in an interview). He just needs to recruit at a high level (which he is) and get Richardson playing to his potential (looked much better against Tennessee). You guys have something with Etienne, he's a good player. I think you are spot on with Napier, he will either succeed or leave some talent for the next guy.

Our defense in undisciplined. Constantly not setting edges, LBs covering the wrong gap and receivers not even being covered and a secondary that is lost when it comes to passing receivers off.

Reactions: fsu939913
Curious to see this Ole Miss Kentucky game. I would lean to Ole Miss winning but that QB of theirs hasn't dealt with any adversity yet.

Reactions: Blue/Orange
I’m also watching the Ol’Miss Kentucky game. I’m neutral on this game and then I see Lame Kiffin shove his player for screwing up, he’s such a little bitch. Now I hope Kentucky wins.

I don't get all this Levi's hype. When watching him he is always throwing picks when they are about to score and he takes a lot of sacks not having a good feel when to throw the ball away.

How about Kansas going to be 5-0. When is the last time that happened? Lance Leopold isn’t going to be there long.

Yep what are they going to do if those freshman don't turn into sophomore superstars next season.

I see the mighty Wake Forest took care of business.
The issue is that he has recruited good every year there. Yes last years class was insane but this is his 5th year. This is all his players. He’s just not that good at X’s and O’s. His offense is a little archaic and he hasn’t really adjusted.

The issue is that he has recruited good every year there. Yes last years class was insane but this is his 5th year. This is all his players. He’s just not that good at X’s and O’s. His offense is a little archaic and he hasn’t really adjusted.

My prediction is he will be forced to let an OC take over the play calling.

Such a striking resemblance.

R.39a46dbddf376609bec7b7592f9093f8

OIP.K36KDRgBF0ueq3dqgwYzqQHaE3

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Just by watching the Vandy-Ole Piss game so far, Kentucky was clearly the better team last week in their game vs the Lame Train.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT