ADVERTISEMENT

Other games...

Yes and UGA has a real good chance to win the national title again.

Yes and UGA has a real good chance to win the national title again.

I hate this so much... but it's true. Haven't really seen a team play to their level yet

Interested in another SEC west vs ACC matchup tonight. On one hand, I hate when the SEC wins (mainly because of the SEC chants) but, I hate Miami even more... lose lose game for me.

I hate this so much... but it's true. Haven't really seen a team play to their level yet

Interested in another SEC west vs ACC matchup tonight. On one hand, I hate when the SEC wins (mainly because of the SEC chants) but, I hate Miami even more... lose lose game for me.
aTm is weird culture but I hate Miami, especially their fans, so I'll root for the fAggies, lol.

Reactions: gatordad3
I also think it is kind of funny people want a 12 team playoff. There isn’t even 12 good teams. It’s all about the money.

I wonder if the idea is to elevate other teams so they can win it. In the current model I can't imagine a team outside of Bama or UGA winning it. If they expand to 12 maybe that allows more teams to make claims to playoffs for recruits etc. Maybe that helps them.

As of right now, it's UGA, then Bama, then a huge gap between everyone else. For awhile that was Clemson and Bama. I'd love for more teams to get involved, 2 to 3 yr runs are fine but 15 yr runs like Bama is on just makes the sport boring.

Side note, totally agree it's about money just hoping one of the unintended consequences is more teams get more of the talent.

Reactions: PacoGator19
I wonder if the idea is to elevate other teams so they can win it. In the current model I can't imagine a team outside of Bama or UGA winning it. If they expand to 12 maybe that allows more teams to make claims to playoffs for recruits etc. Maybe that helps them.

As of right now, it's UGA, then Bama, then a huge gap between everyone else. For awhile that was Clemson and Bama. I'd love for more teams to get involved, 2 to 3 yr runs are fine but 15 yr runs like Bama is on just makes the sport boring.

Side note, totally agree it's about money just hoping one of the unintended consequences is more teams get more of the talent.
Yes that is entirely possible and you could be right. Another concern I have and just throwing this scenario out there

Using this year and an example let’s say Oregon wins out and gets into the playoff but has to play against UGA. Do we really need to see that game again? UGA wins that game 10 out of 10. I’ll watch the first year they do this but if a bunch of games are not competitive then I’m going to lose interest quickly.

Reactions: fsu939913
Cristobal is a terrible game day coach. He seemed more conservative than that Ohio state sweater vest dude
Yes he’s conservative. Always has been. Really good recruiter and bad on gameday. He will likely increase the talent level there for sure.

Yes that is entirely possible and you could be right. Another concern I have and just throwing this scenario out there

Using this year and an example let’s say Oregon wins out and gets into the playoff but has to play against UGA. Do we really need to see that game again? UGA wins that game 10 out of 10. I’ll watch the first year they do this but if a bunch of games are not competitive then I’m going to lose interest quickly.

I think most 5 to 12 initial games will have a possibility to be competitive except a situation like GA last season.

Between everybody being allowed to pay players (rather than the NCAA turning a blind eye to a select few), and the playoff expansion (which gives a lot more teams a believable recruiting pitch that they can make the playoffs) we should see quite a bit more parity in the coming years. By parity, meaning that there could be 5-6 teams with a real shot at winning it all, rather than 1-2. College football's version of parity.

Reactions: fsu939913
Watching Clemson and Wake, not impressed. Clemson seems to be young but talented. Wake just isn't big enough on defense.

Reactions: Gator Fever
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT