ADVERTISEMENT

Other games today...

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
12 pm Penn State - Wisconsin
No idea what the deal is with these teams.

3:30 pm Bama - Miami
I have a feeling Bama may blow this game open but if that QB for Miami is on it could be closer.

7:30 pm Leghumpers - Clemson

I lean to Clemson winning but if Georgia can get their running game going they could win this.

8:30 pm LSU - UCLA

Tough one to pick but LSU better have a better rush defense this year or they lose this game.

Might watch some of that KY game at noon just to see what the new QB and offense look like.

Reactions: ukalum1988
Tebow talking up Kirby Smart some but I agree with others he is not a very top coach unless he can get over the hump and win the Playoff. You can't judge him like most coaches as his recruiting has matched Bama for some years now. No excuses for him at this point.

KY looking decent on offense against ULM. Look physical with some passing game. Might not be an easy win @ KY this year.

Curious to see the Mizzu @ KY game. KY's new QB looks pretty good but some of these receivers are wide open. He appears to have pretty good field vision. KY looks decent on the lines against this team.

Reactions: ukalum1988
Anyone surprised at the Tulane - oklahomo score here in the 4th?

Crazy how fast Bama is taking Miami to the woodshed already. And here I had hoped that the freshman would sorta look like a freshman in his first outing. This doesn't bode well for us in 2 weeks.

Crazy how fast Bama is taking Miami to the woodshed already. And here I had hoped that the freshman would sorta look like a freshman in his first outing. This doesn't bode well for us in 2 weeks.
Hate to say it but unless Jones plays a crazy game Bama might pound us pretty good. They look too good on the lines and we won't be able to play Big 12 style passing offense to hang with them like we did last year despite being dominated in the trenches.

12 pm Penn State - Wisconsin
No idea what the deal is with these teams.

3:30 pm Bama - Miami
I have a feeling Bama may blow this game open but if that QB for Miami is on it could be closer.

7:30 pm Leghumpers - Clemson

I lean to Clemson winning but if Georgia can get their running game going they could win this.

8:30 pm LSU - UCLA

Tough one to pick but LSU better have a better rush defense this year or they lose this game.

Might watch some of that KY game at noon just to see what the new QB and offense look like.
Dawgs win in Charlotte. I hope you guys have a healthy year with no major injuries... that's about all I can say. Looking forward to JAX.

Dawgs win in Charlotte. I hope you guys have a healthy year with no major injuries... that's about all I can say. Looking forward to JAX.
It wouldn't surprise me that much but PFF says your QB struggles some under pressure. Better be able to run the ball some.

It wouldn't surprise me that much but PFF says your QB struggles some under pressure. Better be able to run the ball some.
Agreed. Both DLs are elite. Whichever OL can best deal with the opposing DL will win imo. I think our OL matches up better than theirs. Their OL averages something like 6'2" 295 lbs. Our big NT Davis is 6'6" 350 (he was out last year in JAX) and their projected starter at center is 6'2" 285 lbs. I'm hoping he's in for a long night.
Also, DJU was 47.6% passing under pressure last year.

Reactions: DawgAXE
The Pirate isn't working out at all and they ran the last guy off after 1 year or 2 I think They have screwed themselves for the next few years at least.
The other guy wasn’t any good either. Leach is overrated as a coach as well. He’s not an SEC type of coach. His offenses are too 1 dimensional and too many short passes. Needs to be in the Big 12 where they play no defense. That is a fit for him.

Reactions: fsu939913
The other guy wasn’t any good either. Leach is overrated as a coach as well. He’s not an SEC type of coach. His offenses are too 1 dimensional and too many short passes. Needs to be in the Big 12 where they play no defense. That is a fit for him.
To be fair he wasn't given a chance. His 1st year wasn't much worse than Mullens last year. Did he even coach the whole 2nd year. Can't remember how that went down. Except for crazy situations I think a coach should get at least 3 years.

To be fair he wasn't given a chance. His 1st year wasn't much worse than Mullens last year. Did he even coach the whole 2nd year. Can't remember how that went down. Except for crazy situations I think a coach should get at least 3 years.
Maybe so. He was 6-12 at Miss St

Well it’s only week 1 and a lot can happen but whose going to beat Bama?

Georgia's defense looked really dominant but their passing game was pretty limited.
Clemson just looked bad on offense, and So did uga. Neither of them scare me. Clemson took a HUGE step backward, and both ugeleilei and Daniels heisman campaign’s ended today. I’m not sure uga is going to be much different than they were last year. Daniels is no fromm. I can see Clemson dropping at least 2 more and uga dropping a couple as well. Neither are close to Ohio st or Alabama.

Clemson just looked bad on offense, and So did uga. Neither of them scare me. Clemson took a HUGE step backward, and both ugeleilei and Daniels heisman campaign’s ended today. I’m not sure uga is going to be much different than they were last year. Daniels is no fromm. I can see Clemson dropping at least 2 more and uga dropping a couple as well. Neither are close to Ohio st or Alabama.
To be honest they reminded me of that team that lost to Bama in the championship game. Surprised they didn't run the ball more than they did. If their passing doesn't improve I doubt they win the SEC however.

Reactions: DawgAXE and ih8f$u
To be honest they reminded me of that team that lost to Bama in the championship game. Surprised they didn't run the ball more than they did. If their passing doesn't improve I doubt they win the SEC however.
Yeah. I mean, those were both good defenses but they were a really good defense last year. I’m not sure Daniels makes that much of a difference for them. Uigaleilei seemed lost. We’ll see if they get it together. They are both going to see much better offenses this year. They both looked really vulnerable. At the end of the year this won’t be that impressive a win for uga.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Clemson isnt that great but who are they going to lose too? Have you seen their schedule? Have you seen the ACC?

Reactions: Gator Fever
To be honest, UGA just played their toughest game all season long. They dodge Alabama, LSU, and ATM this year from the West. Unless we hit some magical lottery where our defense finally wakes up and we learn how to pass downfield with this offense, we're only going to be a roadbump for them in Jax. With or without a QB who knows how to spell his own name, they won't need one.

Correct. I think Willie should have gotten at least 5. :p

Clemson could miss the playoff with 1 loss if ND was to snag a spot again.
Their offense looks like dawg shit. Why? Their QB is like a deer in the headlights. That isn't acceptable in today's game, either college or pro. This is why QB dominates draft choices vs running backs, times have changed over even the last 15 years. Remember when Ditka traded so many draft choices for Rickey Williams? He'd not only been fired but shot before sunrise without a blindfold in today's game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT