ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Police officers killed in Baton Rouge, LA

How this furthers the agenda of the Black Lives Matter campaign (or any other effort to draw attention to racial inequality) is beyond me.

SAD TO BE A AMERICAN !
Yes, I don't recall this type of abuse to authorities who are the protectors of civil society, but hey when liberal ideology is in full force, this is what it looks like.
Like it or not, I pray God be with these families involved and may they have some comfort in knowing there are those of us who stand with them and law enforcement nation wide!

Reactions: aecho
So your happy..WELL THEN ! have at it !
You mean do I let the actions of a few misguided idiots lessen the love I have for my country or the understanding I have for how much better our life is as Americans then the vast majority of the remainder of the world where things like this on either side of this argument are the every day Norm? Yes, I will have at it.

My thoughts and prayers remain with those involved in today's tragedy, I'm sure they were not sad to be Americans

My prayers to all the families of all the slain police officers all over the country these last few weeks. Gun laws will not stop this inane violence, if you could, which you can't all the laws in the land will never remove the guns already in existence. It's like weed, if you want it you can find it and guns are no different. This will not stop, it will go on as long as misguided idiots think they are doing something right when it is nothing but wrong. At this time I think that prayers are in order for all our law enforcement officers all over the country who have no idea who might be next.

You mean do I let the actions of a few misguided idiots lessen the love I have for my country or the understanding I have for how much better our life is as Americans then the vast majority of the remainder of the world where things like this on either side of this argument are the every day Norm? Yes, I will have at it.

My thoughts and prayers remain with those involved in today's tragedy, I'm sure they were not sad to be Americans
If a few misguided idiots are what someone uses to hate something, they will hate everything.

Reactions: gator1776
Gator, I am with you, my friend. Like you, I spent 29 years fighting for the freedoms we enjoy in this country. It only takes a few days in a foreign country, especially what is called third world, to realize that we live in the greatest country in the world. We have turned away from the foundations that our founding fathers build this nation on. They worked together to do this, something our current political climate does not allow to happen. We must love one another, and work to accomplish this in the coming months.

Gator, I am with you, my friend. Like you, I spent 29 years fighting for the freedoms we enjoy in this country. It only takes a few days in a foreign country, especially what is called third world, to realize that we live in the greatest country in the world. We have turned away from the foundations that our founding fathers build this nation on. They worked together to do this, something our current political climate does not allow to happen. We must love one another, and work to accomplish this in the coming months.
Well said my brother, well said.

This is a result of people in leaderships positions allowing this sort of behavior to be justified. You got to love the double standards

And the first post on this topic is about politics. Does anyone think either of the 2 will fix this? This is a social problem not a political one.
Social problems have been a big part of politics, so until someone isn't afraid to be tough on the social problems, we will always be dealing with this type of problem. How many kids are raised in single or unwed
Could not disagree more, it's never sad to be an American

We have bad moments, we have issues, but we remain the greatest country on the face of the earth and I sincerely mean that having served and lived on three continents.
Very true, but if you don't see the difference in a different point of view and a true ideological shift in the sovereignty of this great country, you're living with your head in the sand. Case in point, someone like Bernie Sanders wouldn't have had any traction 20 years ago, but there are too many now that bought into the fundamental transformation joke started by BO!

Ideology... Billion dollars of dirty money on both sides to get elected. No middle class pay raise in 12 years. Trade deals that benefit the .05%. Highest ceo pay mutiple to average employee in history (by far). College education debt raising 5x cpi... Not the same as Ike putting a corporate ceo cheating on fed taxing in cuffs on the front page.

Reactions: angel1293
Thought and prayers and unfortunately the acts of a few hurt the needs to of many. RIP and I hope the those have the strength to make it through this. So damn sad people don't appreciate life.

Reactions: gatorartie
It's going to be hard to stop all of the nut cases in the US who are ready to sacrifice their miserable lives, once they have shot innocent people, to justify their "cause". Not much different than individual looney terrorists who are doing the same thing. How anyone can blame "leadership" for these insane individuals is beyond belief.

It's going to be hard to stop all of the nut cases in the US who are ready to sacrifice their miserable lives, once they have shot innocent people, to justify their "cause". Not much different than individual looney terrorists who are doing the same thing. How anyone can blame "leadership" for these insane individuals is beyond belief.
Strong leadership would unite the country during a tragedy. The current leadership seems to only divide the country further.

This country has lost its values. The people of this country are what make it great, not our borders or government. I'm a 14 year deputy and things have never been worse. I hope and pray that things make a turn for the better but I highly doubt it. Our leadership in the country are cowards and will only get worse with the criminal Hillary. Yesterday while you all watched on the news about these shootings an officer in Milwaukee was ambushed sitting in his patrol car and shot multiple times. The media has pushed and fueled this violence and so has the president.

Related note: Warrick Dunn is 100% class. Check out what he's said. Had to have taken a fair amount of courage to publicly support police, given the likely backlash he'll receive from the BLMers.

Related note: Warrick Dunn is 100% class. Check out what he's said. Had to have taken a fair amount of courage to publicly support police, given the likely backlash he'll receive from the BLMers.
As a Buc fan I've always liked Dunn even with his ties to that other Florida school, but he is calling for Baton Rouge to stop the violence so I'll say this, it wasn't a Baton Rouge individual who shot the officers, it was a radical from Kansas City who because in part of the rhetoric that stems from the leadership in this country, finds it ok to be moved to this kind of reaction. If protests turn violent, there should be a lawful response in turn, you don't let the inmates run the asylum! That being said, the definitions of a "peaceful protest" are being defined by the press as they see fit and they will only report any violence if it aids in their agenda, if not...it's a "peaceful protest". When you allow bad behaviors to continue, it will manifest into a cancer that will only go away when surgically removed, I hope the law abiding citizens of this country are up for a long fight because that is where we've been led to by its leadership. Sad, very sad.

It's quit easy when that leadership continues to live a double standard. Easy example when that leader keeps on pushing "rhetoric" and jumps to conclusions when law enforcement is envolved in a protective action but then preaches not to "push rhetoric" and asks the public not to jump to conclusions when a cop gets shot. Sorry that is a$$ backwards and promotes this type of violence

I'm SAD again today,you ALL can be what you want,the WORLD is watching us, KILL the PEOPLE that PROTECT us ! It's SAD and I'm SAD !....OK

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT