ADVERTISEMENT

One of America's great sheriffs

Love this guy. And Arapio, even if he does play fast and loose with inmate civil liberties sometimes.

I agree with Sheriff's Clarke's points. He is a pretty reasonable guy, unlike Arpaio. His insistence on playing fast and loose with civil liberties has cost the taxpayers of his county many, many millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts in civil rights lawsuits. Ambulance chasers in that county love him; he is making many of them rich. PS They play fast and loose with civil liberties in North Korea too, but i want to be less like them, not more like them.

Why am I not surprised that you and ReRe hate Arpaio.

I don't know - we hardly know each other so I have no idea.

Just read the "controversies" section of Arpaio's Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio#Controversies

He's as corrupt as they come. Being "tough on crime" doesn't begin to wash away his pattern of abusing civil rights and targeting anyone who opposes him with a criminal investigation.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe

Just read the "controversies" section of Arpaio's Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio#Controversies

He's as corrupt as they come. Being "tough on crime" doesn't begin to wash away his pattern of abusing civil rights and targeting anyone who opposes him with a criminal investigation.
I'll tell you this, I'm sure most of the criminals he deals with are more scum than upstanding citizens. I'll also say I've seen inmates of his jail agree with his hard core mentality and have credited him for them changing their criminal life, so say what you will, but tough, consistent and sometimes embarrassing treatment does a lot to instill a more civil attitude than the pandering and coddling that a lot of adults or supposed adults now a days seem to need to function, which by the way doesn't seem to be working!

Reactions: EvilWayz

I don't give a crap about inmate's civil liberties. Stay your ass out of jail and you won't have to worry about it.

And there isn't a Sheriff walking that doesn't investigate people he doesn't like. That's part of the perks of power.

You do understand that if they could have got him on a real charge they wouldn't have had to settle for criminal contempt, which amounts to " you pissed the judge off."

Many of the people who he forced to live in unairconditioned tents in 120 degree weather probably did a whole lot less than piss a judge off. It's too bad that he won't be able to spend some time with them.

Many of the people who he forced to live in unairconditioned tents in 120 degree weather probably did a whole lot less than piss a judge off. It's too bad that he won't be able to spend some time with them.

Once again, with feeling:

If you don't like 120 degree weather, don't live in the desert to begin with. I'd advise staying out of the entire Southwest.

If you don't want to live in a tent in 120 degree weather, stay your ass out of jail. And the military.

And pissing the judge off is literally the least criminal thing you can do and get sent to jail. They send reporters to jail for criminal contempt all the time.

Last edited:

If you don't like 120 degree weather, don't live in the desert to begin with. I'd advise staying out of the entire Southwest.

In you don't want to live in a tent in 120 degree weather, stay your ass out of jail. And the military.

And pissing the judge off is literally the least criminal thing you can do and get sent to jail. They send reporters to jail for criminal contempt all the time.
Did ya ever notice how liberals always side with the criminals?

If you don't want to live in a tent in 120 degree weather, stay your ass out of jail. And the military.

Jail doesn't have to be a 5 star hotel, but the conditions shouldn't be immediately hazardous to your health either. Plus, the "tent city" concept apparently costs taxpayers more money than a regular prison.

Jail doesn't have to be a 5 star hotel, but the conditions shouldn't be immediately hazardous to your health either. Plus, the "tent city" concept apparently costs taxpayers more money than a regular prison.

If it was that big of a deal, the PBA would have crawled up Arpio's ass well before this. If the inmates are out in 120 degree weather, so are the COs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT