ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State Scandal - Part Two - The Urban Meyer Tweet

He did not nothing wrong. If Smith bodied his wife, he should get arrested and thrown in the can. Meyer cant go home with him

He didnt protect him lol he reported him. He did everything he should have done or could have done.
No... he kept him employed. We don't know at this point if Urban reported anything in 2015, but we do know that Smith was on Urban's staff until a few weeks ago for violating a restraining order.

No... he kept him employed. We don't know at this point if Urban reported anything in 2015, but we do know that Smith was on Urban's staff until a few weeks ago for violating a restraining order.

Ok? So did the AD and pres? So did the judges...so did the police officers...so did everyone above him. Why stop ur witch hunt at Meyer? U realize the same people who can fire meyer can have assistants fired as well. Even if Meyer knew, there is nothing saying that he has to fire him. There is zero pct chance that meyer 100 pct knew what was going on fully.

Ok? So did the AD and pres? So did the judges...so did the police officers...so did everyone above him. Why stop ur witch hunt at Meyer? U realize the same people who can fire meyer can have assistants fired as well. Even if Meyer knew, there is nothing saying that he has to fire him. There is zero pct chance that meyer 100 pct knew what was going on fully.
I never said it needs to stop with Meyer, but as the highest paid state employee at the flagship university of Ohio, he needs to go. Several people probably need to go. As far as nothing in writing being violated, time will tell if Meyer reported it thru the proper channels as required by OSU and Title IX. The Powell PD has several questions to answer as well. They're currently not releasing information which goes against the freedom of information act. I would love to know how and/or who the 2015 arrest report was changed. However, ol Urban choose to employ an abuser for years... and that's going to affect his recruiting, if he's in a position to recruit high school kids again.

I never said it needs to stop with Meyer, but as the highest paid state employee at the flagship university of Ohio, he needs to go. Several people probably need to go. As far as nothing in writing being violated, time will tell if Meyer reported it thru the proper channels as required by OSU and Title IX. The Powell PD has several questions to answer as well. They're currently not releasing information which goes against the freedom of information act. I would love to know how and/or who the 2015 arrest report was changed. However, ol Urban choose to employ an abuser for years... and that's going to affect his recruiting, if he's in a position to recruit high school kids again.

The wife is not covered under title IX.... Jus becuz 1 person is abused by one other person does not mean ALL people above that person are responsible. Take out the person responsible....if meyer abused her or helped cover it up...thwn fire him. If qll he did was report it and not fire him. I dont see the issue. Cops were already involved.....Meyer is not judge jury and executioner

Reactions: TennesseeGator
He didnt protect him lol he reported him. He did everything he should have done or could have done.
He SAID he reported him. Who did he report him to and has that been verified? And just because he said he did all he could have and should have done, how do we know that? And, like other posters have said, he hired a known abuser to the OSU position to begin with and then, when he became aware of more abuse, he kept him on staff for years until he had no choice but to fire him a couple of weeks ago when the guy was arrested again and it all became public. Meyer has lied before on this matter so anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt until verified from other sources.
Brett McMurphy‏Verified account@Brett_McMurphy
Urban Meyer said he didn’t intend "to say anything inaccurate” about Zach Smith incident. He was asked 9 questions about it at B1G Media Days & said: “I know nothing; never had a conversation about that; who would create a story like that & If I (knew) I would have made a change"

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
The title IX issue is intersting. Does title IX only cover those students that are enrolled at the university? If so was the victim enrolled at the time. Or does the fact that the coach was employed by the university cover all his actions under title IX?

I have not heard or seen the citations to the law that would clear this issue.

Any facts please.

Last edited:
He SAID he reported him. Who did he report him to and has that been verified? And just because he said he did all he could have and should have done, how do we know that? And, like other posters have said, he hired a known abuser to the OSU position to begin with and then, when he became aware of more abuse, he kept him on staff for years until he had no choice but to fire him a couple of weeks ago when the guy was arrested again and it all became public. Meyer has lied before on this matter so anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt until verified from other sources.
Brett McMurphy‏Verified account@Brett_McMurphy
Urban Meyer said he didn’t intend "to say anything inaccurate” about Zach Smith incident. He was asked 9 questions about it at B1G Media Days & said: “I know nothing; never had a conversation about that; who would create a story like that & If I (knew) I would have made a change"

So did the AD and pres at BOTH UF and ohio st

U think meyer would lie twice? He was caught off guard by the question at big 10 media day. I dont think he is lying. What if hes telling the truth

So did the AD and pres at BOTH UF and ohio st

U think meyer would lie twice? He was caught off guard by the question at big 10 media day. I dont think he is lying. What if hes telling the truth
What I would really like to see the media start digging at is Zach Smith's comments about taking down Urban and OSU if they ever fired Smith.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT