ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio frigging St.? TCU loses and doesn’t move?

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
The head of the CFP said it was OSU’s schedule which got them in? Penn St. was an example and they played 2 ranked teams and got blown out by both. And TCU beat who? If they get past Michigan ( they won’t ) Georgia ( lay the farm on them ) would beat them by 30.

Bama had the only talent to give Georgia a game. OSU looked AWFUL vs. Michigan and they are one of the 4 BEST teams?

What a joke.

Reactions: TEBOW TIME
The head of the CFP said it was OSU’s schedule which got them in? Penn St. was an example and they played 2 ranked teams and got blown out by both. And TCU beat who? If they get past Michigan ( they won’t ) Georgia ( lay the farm on them ) would beat them by 30.

Bama had the only talent to give Georgia a game. OSU looked AWFUL vs. Michigan and they are one of the 4 BEST teams?

What a joke.

Bama lost to the only 2 good teams they played and almost and probably should have lost to Texas. Bama would lose to UGA as well. Bama has 2 losses, TCU and Oh St both have 1. You can't tell me Bama is one of the best 4 teams based on this yr and this yr alone. You are letting past yrs cloud your judegement. They beat Texas a and m by 4 and Ole Miss by 6. They were not one of the best 4 teams this yr and they would lose just like the team that got in is going to lose

Reactions: ocalaman
Turned out how I wanted. Why ppl are stuck on AL when TN beat them is kind of weird - don't they have the same record and the head to head means something?

Because people try to use past seasons to mold their judgement for this yr. Bama doesn't have a good win, lost 2 games and probably should have lost a 3rd. If you look at recruiting rankings only, why even play the games? They didn't win the SEC or even the SEC west

What a joke.
It's the right 4. Only slight issue is whether TCU should be 3, but assuming it was done to avoid a UM-OSU rematch, which is the right move, IMO.

Needed the far and away best talent. Still have elite talent, but others have just as good. NIL is bringing the cheaters back to the pack.

It seems the main characters are still up there though with some new entries. Michigan seems to have solved the OSU problem as their recruiting has dropped off some but not sure how they are set up moving forward after this season. Georgia is definitely matching Bama for a few years now.

Reactions: TennesseeGator

What a joke.
You understand that the “playoffs” is entirely a fictional creation for money and they can do whatever they want, right?

Reactions: fsu939913
It comes down to "Are they sending TCU home for losing in OT in their conference championship game?"

The moment they decided "No," There was no way TCU was dropping to 4, not when Ohio State was moving up. They weren't going to deliberately PAIR Ohio State & Michigan again, so soon after played in the regular season.

If (somehow) Ohio State & Michigan won their semifinal game, then - fine.

It comes down to "Are they sending TCU home for losing in OT in their conference championship game?"

The moment they decided "No," There was no way TCU was dropping to 4, not when Ohio State was moving up. They weren't going to deliberately PAIR Ohio State & Michigan again, so soon after played in the regular season.

If (somehow) Ohio State & Michigan won their semifinal game, then - fine.

Yep even if OSU was the clear #3 they would have still probably shuffled it to keep them from playing initially.

Reactions: TEBOW TIME
It seems the main characters are still up there though with some new entries. Michigan seems to have solved the OSU problem as their recruiting has dropped off some but not sure how they are set up moving forward after this season. Georgia is definitely matching Bama for a few years now.
It will take a couple of years to wear down the momentum. I'm sure they are telling the kids they have been recruiting that they need to stay "loyal". That might work on high school seniors, and maybe some juniors, but sophomores and under will be a free-for-all. But then still those first two classes need to work through the system, plus you have to consider the talent advantage they had on campus when NIL came into play. Could take 5 years to get to a true free-for-all. Probably around the same time as the last COVID "extra-year" kids move on.

Needed the far and away best talent. Still have elite talent, but others have just as good. NIL is bringing the cheaters back to the pack.
Exactly. As Pruitt admitted bags full of cash was the norm...no doubt Kirby took this approach with him to Athens. Now that you can legally pay players that advantage is gone they both will come back to the pack. Bad news for dawgs is they only got to benefit for 7 years while Saban 15.

Go back to nolieville. Nobody cares what a Nole says. Don’t you have a 6-6 team to play again like the last 6?
I wasn't aware you were the board's representative and more importantly, that's really not very kind to refer to your constituents as "Nobody". I think Paco, Evil, sad, danny, et al., are pretty upstanding guys.

The head of the CFP said it was OSU’s schedule which got them in? Penn St. was an example and they played 2 ranked teams and got blown out by both. And TCU beat who? If they get past Michigan👉 ( they won’t ) 👈Georgia ( lay the farm on them ) would beat them by 30.

What a joke.
We still have a half of football left to play, but I'm securing my spot.

jason-momoa-chair.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicktheslick
We still have a half of football left to play, but I'm securing my spot.

jason-momoa-chair.gif
Wow are you that much of a L
that you remember a post from 24 days ago? Stalker! Psycho! And as of about 10 seconds you’re blocked! Well nolie why don’t you go to Osceola? Banned there also?

Wow are you that much of a L
that you remember a post from 24 days ago? Stalker! Psycho! And as of about 10 seconds you’re blocked! Well nolie why don’t you go to Osceola? Banned there also?
Well that was easy like one of those Capital One commercials.

With all of the alleged poster blocks that shine claims, pretty soon he's just going to be talking to himself.

I think Georgia is about to struggle with Oh st. Not sure they have played an offense like Oh st yet.

On the flip side, UGA looks like they can impose their will on the ground.
They played against Tennessee’s offense.

Agreed. Ohio St WRs are the best in the country. Speed and more speed

And they have Brandon Innis and a few others this yr.....crazy. Hartline who is their wr coach can apparently recruit well lol Surprised he's not getting looks for OC jobs

And they have Brandon Innis and a few others this yr.....crazy. Hartline who is their wr coach can apparently recruit well lol Surprised he's not getting looks for OC jobs
Hartline is a big time recruiter. I would of thought somebody would give him an OC job by now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT