ADVERTISEMENT

Not a good look for Mike White...

White can’t develop players and doesn’t have a good offensive system and can’t play to his own players strengths. With that being said I wasn’t the biggest fan of Nembhard either. Not a good enough athlete to be a legit PG.

AN is a really good point. But he is deliberate and part of our offensive problems is he goes slow.

White can’t develop players and doesn’t have a good offensive system and can’t play to his own players strengths. With that being said I wasn’t the biggest fan of Nembhard either. Not a good enough athlete to be a legit PG.

MWC CoY
AAC CoY
SEC CoY
Endorsement as Gator HC from HoF BillyD
Earning Mike White:
Praise from the AD & UAA, with a Raise and Contract Extension

Yep, I see what you mean with that personal biased rant against the Gator HC.... :D

As to Andrew not being good enough. o_O

Overview
  • Has started all 67 games since coming to Florida, totaling 636 points (9.5 ppg) and 367 assists (5.5 apg).
  • Improved his scoring average by 3.2 points per game in his sophomore season, averaging 11.2 points after 8.0 during his freshman campaign.
  • Started all 36 games as a freshman and posted 196 assists, the fourth-highest single-season total in Florida history and second-most by a freshman.
  • His 3-pointer with 1.2 seconds left lifted Florida to a victory in the SEC Tournament quarterfinals vs. ninth-ranked LSU and helped the Gators secure their third straight NCAA Tournament bid.
  • The first Florida freshman to start every game of the season since Bradley Beal did so in 2011-12.
  • Outstanding size and vision, as well as a high basketball I.Q. that helps him play with maturity beyond his years.

Honors
  • 2019 SEC All Freshman Team
  • SEC Freshman of the Week (12/3/18; co-FOW 2/18/19)
Nothing personal at all, I just don't agree with you on this.
And as usual, fan opinions will always vary.... :cool:
==========

EDIT -- PS

So Nembhard's departure will certainly take away some significant production from the Florida basketball team, but it might help shift the offense more toward what White traditionally ran at Louisiana Tech prior to taking the Florida job.
(and that much I can certainly agree with, 'slow methodical vs fast break' pace)

Last edited:
MWC CoY
AAC CoY
SEC CoY
Endorsement as Gator HC from HoF BillyD
Earning Mike White:
Praise from the AD & UAA, with a Raise and Contract Extension

Yep, I see what you mean with that personal biased rant against the Gator HC.... :D

As to Andrew not being good enough. o_O

Overview
  • Has started all 67 games since coming to Florida, totaling 636 points (9.5 ppg) and 367 assists (5.5 apg).
  • Improved his scoring average by 3.2 points per game in his sophomore season, averaging 11.2 points after 8.0 during his freshman campaign.
  • Started all 36 games as a freshman and posted 196 assists, the fourth-highest single-season total in Florida history and second-most by a freshman.
  • His 3-pointer with 1.2 seconds left lifted Florida to a victory in the SEC Tournament quarterfinals vs. ninth-ranked LSU and helped the Gators secure their third straight NCAA Tournament bid.
  • The first Florida freshman to start every game of the season since Bradley Beal did so in 2011-12.
  • Outstanding size and vision, as well as a high basketball I.Q. that helps him play with maturity beyond his years.

Honors
  • 2019 SEC All Freshman Team
  • SEC Freshman of the Week (12/3/18; co-FOW 2/18/19)
Nothing personal at all, I just don't agree with you on this.
And as usual, fan opinions will always vary.... :cool:
==========

EDIT -- PS

So Nembhard's departure will certainly take away some significant production from the Florida basketball team, but it might help shift the offense more toward what White traditionally ran at Louisiana Tech prior to taking the Florida job.
(and that much I can certainly agree with, 'slow methodical vs fast break' pace)
Congrats to Nembhard? He did that on average teams at best in his 2 years here. So either Nembhard wasn’t getting the job done or Mike White wasn’t. Which is it?

Reactions: gatordad3
I'd say it's some fans,,,, that will go unnamed for obvious reasons.... :rolleyes:

NCAA Tourney teams are now your standard for 'average teams' so I'll just let you have at it for now... :cool:

I'd say it's some fans,,,, that will go unnamed for obvious reasons.... :rolleyes:

NCAA Tourney teams are now your standard for 'average teams' so I'll just let you have at it for now... :cool:
So 20-16 and 19-12 records are considered good? I think that is very average. But we just have differing opinions on what is “good” and “average”

So 20-16 and 19-12 records are considered good? I think that is very average. But we just have differing opinions on what is “good” and “average”
Part of the Nembhard situation might be White feeling some pressure for above average seasons. Maybe he realizes he needs to shake things up.

We definitely have the depth and athletes to run a more up tempo offense. And yet we were still in the plodding, methodical, dribbling with the back to the basket style that has been so boring to watch. Maybe Nembhard wasn't running the point like Coach wanted, but was the best at the position. I don't know. I say best wishes to the kid as he moves on and hope this upcoming seasons sees more out or athletes showing off their skills in the open court.

Reactions: TaylorMadeSimGamers

Yep we do. ----- 353/64 is certainly a 50/50 average in anyone's book, :confused: (if educated at UGly anyway)... :D

While 20-16 and 19-12 are not great you have to realize that the Gators play one of the toughest out of conference schedules in the country. Add to that the SEC if far better top to bottom than it was 5-6 years ago. Even UK is not dominating year in and year out now.

Reactions: instaGATOR
While 20-16 and 19-12 are not great you have to realize that the Gators play one of the toughest out of conference schedules in the country. Add to that the SEC if far better top to bottom than it was 5-6 years ago. Even UK is not dominating year in and year out now.
sadgator kinda agrees with this, but at some point, you gotta stop getting your teeth kicked in in the non-conference...What good does it do us to play those games if we rarely win them? Which, unfortunately, has been the story lately...

Reactions: Nicktheslick
sadgator kinda agrees with this, but at some point, you gotta stop getting your teeth kicked in in the non-conference...What good does it do us to play those games if we rarely win them? Which, unfortunately, has been the story lately...

You say that so confidently, like you know the non-conference W/L record.
So what is that Non-conference W/L record exactly?

And do you mean like beating St.Joseph, Miami, and then #18 Xavier for the Charleston Classic Tournament Trophy? The 2019 Charleston Classic wias played Nov. 21, 22 & 24 and featured Florida, Miami, Missouri State, Penn State, Saint Joseph’s, Towson, UConn, and Xavier. The Charleston Classic is an early-season Division 1 college basketball tournament played each November at TD Arena in downtown Charleston, South Carolina.

The win gave UF its first holiday tournament title since beating No. 2 Michigan State and Rutgers in the Legends Classic at Atlantic City, N.J., in 2009.
Note: HoF BillyD didn't win one in his last 5 years at UF.

And oh BTW -----
The Gators are the 1st SEC team to ever win the Charleston Classic.

Florida with Mike White coaching, is one of only 10 teams in the nation that has earned at least one victory in each of the past 3 NCAA Tournaments.

Mike’s 48 wins through his first two years rank 4th in SEC history. In posting a six-win improvement over his 21 win debut season at UF, White helped the Gators reach 27 wins for just the 8th time in school history.

Reactions: gatorpe1

How can you post such faulty drivel with a straight face? Jus-askin... :confused:
Tell me, how many of his players have set UF or SEC individual records or won awards, like Fr All SEC, or SEC 6th Man, or other awards? Name them.... o_O

Mike White's NO-OFFENSE Gators posted perhaps the most dominant three-game stretch in program history during the 2016-17 season, downing LSU, Oklahoma and Missouri in succession by at least a 30-point margin. It marked only the third time in UF history the Gators won three straight by 30+ but the 1ST TIME that any such streak included a major conference opponent. Not only were all three wins against power conference foes, but two (LSU, Oklahoma) occurred on the road and marked the 1st back-to-back 30-point road wins in program history. Adding in the Gators’ 30-point win at North Florida, marked the first season in school history that featured three 30+ point road wins. :eek:

And further proving that Mike White can't coach a lick,,,
In 2019-20, the Gators led the SEC in scoring defense, allowing 63.6 points per game, which ranked 20th in the nation. Florida also posted the SEC’s #1 3-point percentage defense at .316 and #3 field goal percentage defense (.421) and #3 turnover margin (+3.0) o_O

And then there's this for a STUDENT-athlete bonus....
UF placed 7 players on the SEC Academic Honor Roll, tied for 2nd-most in UF history.

“Coach White brings with him a distinguished career and an extraordinary record of success,” UF President Kent Fuchs said.I have no doubt he will uphold high standards on and off the court, and I am delighted to welcome him to the Gator Nation.”
Mike White has consistently reaffirmed the Gators’ place as a perennial NCAA Tournament threat and Southeastern Conference contender.

So, Mike can't coach offense, or defense, and his crappy players are always in trouble in town and flunking out of school. So we better fire his ass quickly, before he runs the program into the ground, right guys??? :oops::rolleyes::oops::rolleyes:--:cool:

Mike's just an average coach that they hired off the street.
He's nothing special, plenty just like him are available every day....
CoY in WAC, moved up to AAC CoY, then moved up to SEC CoY..
Proving that he can't learn or make any progress... :rolleyes:

Record at UF: 89-53, .627 (5th season in 2019-20 vs Top SoS's)
Overall Record: 190-93, .671 (9th season in 2019-20)
Yep, just average alright.... o_O

Losses to UConn, Butler, Utah State, FSU and Baylor...just sayin’...

WoW! You mean that playing yearly Top SoS's in the nation and losing some games to quality teams, with mostly young Gators and often with injured bigs makes Mike White incompetent as a HC. :rolleyes:

While all of his wins are just ignored or glossed over as meaning nothing....
Seems entirely fair and reasonable to me... :confused::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::confused:

White being absolutely owned by Leonard Hamilton and FSU is an embarrassment. He should be in the hot seat for that alone.

Yeah, because the criminoles had chitty teams and the Gator's just choked.... :rolleyes:
So, SOS should have been fired, for getting owned by Blobby Bowdown too? o_O

Yeah, because the criminoles had chitty teams and the Gator's just choked.... :rolleyes:
So, SOS should have been fired, for getting owned by Blobby Bowdown too? o_O

Not making the NCAA Tourney with a chance for a NC is a problem.
Losing to any individual team is just an annoyance.

How did BillyD do vs Tennis-sea / Pearl in both NC seasons? o_O
What was his record vs Tn overall? :oops:
Just annoying, but not really important in the Big Picture imo... :cool:

Not making the NCAA Tourney with a chance for a NC is a problem.
Losing to any individual team is just an annoyance.

How did BillyD do vs Tennis-sea / Pearl in both NC seasons? o_O
What was his record vs Tn overall? :oops:
Just annoying, but not really important in the Big Picture imo... :cool:
Yes but Billy D was winning championship and final fours and 25+ win seasons. Not really a fair comparison.

Yes but Billy D was winning championship and final fours and 25+ win seasons. Not really a fair comparison.

Major SoS differences, injuries, no in season Tourney wins in his last 5 years, getting fed up with constant fan expectations/demands, just like SOS did, and he left on a losing season.....
But always fair and totally unbiased alright... :rolleyes:

Oh BTW, Billy-D doesn't agree with you either, unless you'e calling him a liar... :cool:
(we've been here before, why go again, just invite that other guy back to diss on Mike)

Major SoS differences, injuries, no in season Tourney wins in his last 5 years, getting fed up with constant fan expectations/demands, just like SOS did, and he left on a losing season.....
But always fair and totally unbiased alright... :rolleyes:

Oh BTW, Billy-D doesn't agree with you either, unless you'e calling him a liar... :cool:
(we've been here before, why go again, just invite that other guy back to diss on Mike)
Billy typically played a tough schedule so SOS I seriously doubt is much of a factor. Billy also was in the national title game in just his 4th year and won 2 national titles and has quite a few elite 8 and Final 4s on his resume.
Not quite sure what you mean by no in season Tourney wins in his last 5 years??
Of course Billy D isn’t going to say anything bad about Mike White. When is the last time a coach bad mouthed his replacement?? Heck Spurrier didn’t even bad mouth his replacement the incompetent Zook (same guy he demoted as a DC). Meyer didn’t bad mouth Muschamp. Most coaches take the high road and don’t bash each other.

He said he's leaving UF. Best wishes, but don't care where he goes. If you ain't a Gator, you're Gator bait!

I loved the kid but sometimes he held the ball too long. When we moved the ball quicker our offense was much better. I hope he finds a good place to land. But I was excited about Quez Glover. I think he was much further along than Cheez was as a freshman. I think our offensive tempo may be much better........ but I am always hopeful and optimistic with our teams.......

I loved the kid but sometimes he held the ball too long. When we moved the ball quicker our offense was much better. I hope he finds a good place to land. But I was excited about Quez Glover. I think he was much further along than Cheez was as a freshman. I think our offensive tempo may be much better........ but I am always hopeful and optimistic with our teams.......
I agree but man he needs to make better decisions with the ball. I like his energy though.

~ Good luck to Andrew at Gonzaga.
Unless he's playing UF, cause then he'd just be more Gator-Bait
. ;)

Now the 2020-21 PG is between:
PG Tyree Appleby rsJr (sfer that sat out 2019-20)
CG Tre Mann So (if he stays at UF)

PG Ques Glover So
~ I see the main PG position battle being between Appleby and Mann, with Glover as the still developing backup.

SG Noah Locke Jr could also see some PG time, but only IF he's needed there.
As could CG/SF Scottie Lewis.So
~ I don't see either of them playing PG, but they could.
=====

2020 FNG's:

SG Niels Lane 6-5 210 **** Fr - Freehold, NJ - Natl. 90/100

SF Samson Ruzhentsev 6-6 182 **** Fr - Chattanooga, TN - Nati. 48/100

PF Osayi Osifo 6-8 215 *** Jr - Cocoa, FL - #1 JuCo PF

Last edited:
He'll have to sit out the upcoming season. That's a long time for someone who was/is anxious to jump to the NBA.

Bump to the new (2nd) page.

~ Good luck to Andrew at Gonzaga.
Unless he's playing UF, cause then he'd just be more Gator-Bait
. ;)

Now the 2020-21 PG is between:
PG Tyree Appleby rsJr (sfer that sat out 2019-20)
CG Tre Mann So (if he stays at UF)

PG Ques Glover So
~ I see the main PG position battle being between Appleby and Mann, with Glover as the still developing backup.

SG Noah Locke Jr could also see some PG time, but only IF he's needed there.
As could CG/SF Scottie Lewis.So
~ I don't see either of them playing PG, but they could.
=====

2020 FNG's:

SG Niels Lane 6-5 210 **** Fr - Freehold, NJ - Natl. 90/100

SF Samson Ruzhentsev 6-6 182 **** Fr - Chattanooga, TN - Nati. 48/100

PF Osayi Osifo 6-8 215 *** Jr - Cocoa, FL - #1 JuCo PF

[

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT