ADVERTISEMENT

Non holding call on the Gators

fsu939913

Bull Gator
Jul 29, 2014
On the 75 yd td run....Cleveland held for 40 yds lol Cant believe that wasnt called. I dont think it effects the outcome of the game but damn.

Reactions: msgamecock
I personally don’t think that was holding and if you watch the play again the defender also has a hold of Cleveland’s face mask as well as they are running down the field. So probably good to just leave that one alone.

Reactions: rdgtr
The CBS "official" in NY said it wasn't holding.

Not really. What he said is it was a good no call because the intent of holding is stopping a defender from being able to get to a spot. And in this case the defender wasn’t stopped from getting to where he wanted to get to since he was running stride for stride with the receiver. And he had a hold of Cleveland too.

I personally don’t think that was holding and if you watch the play again the defender also has a hold of Cleveland’s face mask as well as they are running down the field. So probably good to just leave that one alone.

If that was an fsu receiver you would be talking about it for 10 yrs. It was holding. I just thought it was funny that he did it for so long

Not really. What he said is it was a good no call because the intent of holding is stopping a defender from being able to get to a spot. And in this case the defender wasn’t stopped from getting to where he wanted to get to since he was running stride for stride with the receiver. And he had a hold of Cleveland too.
This. I actually agree with what the CBS official said. Not holding and the defender actually had a hold of Cleveland’s face mask. That was a good no-call.

If that was an fsu receiver you would be talking about it for 10 yrs. It was holding. I just thought it was funny that he did it for so long
No I actually don’t think it was holding regardless who was doing it. And since the defender had a hold of Cleveland’s face mask the entire time even more reason why I don’t think it was holding. A good no-call IMO.

meh....are you living vicariously now through our competitors? Willie T has reduced you to this???

Grabbing someones jersey for 30 yds is not holding? News to me. He was definitely impeading the db. Its ok to say it was holding, the ref cant change the call.

Grabbing someones jersey for 30 yds is not holding? News to me. He was definitely impeading the db. Its ok to say it was holding, the ref cant change the call.

I didn’t deny it was holding. I was correcting the guy who said the ref said it wasn’t holding because that’s not what he said. He just said that it was a good no call because the DB wasn’t impeded and he also had a hold of the receivers face mask.

Reactions: fsu939913
On the 75 yd td run....Cleveland held for 40 yds lol Cant believe that wasnt called. I dont think it effects the outcome of the game but damn.
Bro...not at all. That was clean...the pick play is questionalable but you usually get a few yards....like DB's get 5 yards to jam. The officials missed a lot of calls...check the play when Pitts was straight up held on 3rd down. It was clear. SC also had a clear holding call on 3rd down...on the play...that gave SC a touchdown. We straight up won this game. Bad calls on both sides and pretty even IMO.

Maybe @oozie can say better...he played. Maybe I'm wrong.

Payback for multiple “Gutless” calls today like the P.I. on Pitts right in front of the Ref. that wasn’t called.

Reactions: fsu939913
I didn’t deny it was holding. I was correcting the guy who said the ref said it wasn’t holding because that’s not what he said. He just said that it was a good no call because the DB wasn’t impeded and he also had a hold of the receivers face mask.
Yep...they said nothing about that face mask call on TV either. It was clear. At least they fixed that pass interference call against us...it was a clean play by our DB.

It’s a good no call because it’s not holding

Payback for multiple “Gutless” calls today like the P.I. on Pitts right in front of the Ref. that wasn’t called.
Bad non calls on both sides, we won it straight up, game call was good...Grantham brought it when they needed...i would like to see more aggressive but we shut them down when needed. HAVE to give some credit on that. We won. 7-1 Baby...probably 6 or 7 depending on other games. Not to shabby for the 2nd year of a bad 10 year run.

Illegal procedure by the right tackle jumping along with holding on that play cost Misschimp and the cocks 7 points.

Then I guess that It's a good thing the Gators were up by 18 pts,,,,,, :rolleyes:
with 2 minutes to play..--- o_O

#1 ranked schedule..... I dont make the facts i just deliver them. Not everybody plays Vandy and Ole Miss every week.

The #1 'REMAINING' SoS. Howver, SCa has already played more Top 10's (3) than FSUcks plays all season (2)

The real #1 SoS is almost always an SEC team. This year it's SCa.

SC 24 - 28 NC

SC 79 - 10 Charleston Southern

SC 23 - 47 #2 Bama

SC 14 - 34 @ Mizzou

SC 24 - 7 UK

SC 30 - 27 @ #3 UG (2 O-T)

SC 27 - 38 #9 UF

SC ?? - ?? @ TN

SC ?? - ?? VU

SC ?? - ?? #21 App[St

SC ?? - ?? @ aTm

SC ?? - ?? #4 Clem

4 Top 10 Teams, plus #21 AppSt.

Perpetual Big12/10/whatever Chump (OK) never has and never will play 4 Top 10's in a season.
Hell, they might not play 4 Top 10's combined in 4 seasons, as they play ZERO this season.
2019 OK - only 3 that are even in the Top 25.

Clemson also plays ZERO Top 10's, and only 2 in the top 25, one being over-rated #12 aTm.
aTm is currently NR.

UF plays 3 Top 10's - AU-LSU-UGA, and a 4th if they make the SEC-C game.
And then 1-2 more if they make it to the CFP....

FSUcks will play 2 Top 10's, along with their usual list of Cupcake opponents.
#2 Clem & #7 UF.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT